Willamette Mission Trail

Willamette Mission Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gervais, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 68 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Great for families with a stroller or bikes. Flat, restroom in the middle for breaks for the little ones.

Very well marked trail. The flatness + paved path makes for an enjoyable easy hike. Plenty of parking and free with the OR parks pass.

Great for beginners!!

Very peaceful and relaxing walk through the park. Kid friendly paved path all throughout the park.

A few decent sites to see, but not really worth the admission fee.

Insanely fun for the kids and the dog! Will definitely enjoy this park in the future

Monday, September 10, 2018

Nice walk, mostly paved. Some nice sections; some walking through parking lots. Neither great nor terrible. Although it follows the river, you don't get a lot of views in the summer due to foliage. Would make a great afternoon bike trip for a family.

Friday, August 31, 2018

I’ve never been here before, so I didn’t know what to expect. It was nice to park right by the ferry use that as the starting/ending point of this adventure. The walk is mostly flat, so it’s easy for most people. The majority of the walk is paved, which makes me think of friends with some types of disabilities being able to use the trail easily. I especially liked the abstract representation of the mission site to help me imagine what it looked like in the past.

Sunday, July 22, 2018

There is a ferry but you'll only need to take it depending on the direction you're coming from, ie from the west. Its the Wheatland ferry. For most cars, the cost is $2 each way. There is a day use fee of $5, cash only. However there is another entrance with a horse trail so there may be another option at that entrance. This park is very large so the normal trail is the 4.2 miles, but you could easily make it more with the different paths to take. The middle section of the park has grills, picnic tables and restrooms. There's TONS of blackberries along the trail, pretty wildflowers, birds and we saw the nation's largest black cottonwood tree. This place is great for picnics, horseback riding, cycling, jogging, walking, etc. Very pretty, not too crowded and lots of tree cover in most areas.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

This was a good hike to kill time. I prefer hikes that are out further away from cities/towns, but this was what was available in the area that I was in. It's pretty, gotta show the kiddos some flood action, and they got to see a road flooded over. Ultimately it's a road/trail, that gets near the Willamette. We also got to see some birds, squirrels, and do some tree identification.

Sunday, May 06, 2018

great place to walk, bike, swim, fish, kayaking, disc fisbee, horseback riding trails..picnic tables & BBQing ! clean bathrooms .. great trees for kids to climb! 4$ to ride the ferry (one way) & 5$ to park .. totally worth it !

Monday, April 23, 2018

I went there today and it was so peaceful! Super easy. There are some nice areas to go off the paved path and relax by the water.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

We really enjoyed the easy walk with our kids and dog! The path was muddy in a lot of areas and we wish our dog could have been unleashed down the trail but it was still a nice walk!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A historically significant area.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Its actually not a bad little place. I like that its often overlooked, so there arent many people there at any given time, unless there is a poker ride. The trail is really short though, and it isnt much of a challenge. When I say "little," I mean just that. Cute place surrounded by farm land, in farm country. Good place to pretend you are in the woods.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

More of a "walk" than a "hike" - I really enjoyed my time here though ❤️

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Nice variety, some open space, some forest. Main loop is mostly paved or smooth gravel. Lots of options to explore besides the main loop, including equestrian trails that don't seem to be highly trafficked. You could easily stretch this to 7-8 miles if so inclined. Trails are very well marked.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

This is a great park to walk the dog, really easy going paths to follow. I would advise the mosquitos in the shaded areas parallel the river were pretty aggressive mid summer but once away from those areas it was easy strolling. Great place to run as well. This is a state park so if you frequent, check out the state parks web site to find the year and two year passes, five bucks a visit can start to add up.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Enjoyed a fun family hike. The trails were covered in snow but still walkable. It was icy and cold but looked like a winter wonderland. Such fun!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It's always a nice ride

Sunday, July 31, 2016

It was just so-so.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Beautiful trails with lots of variety. There's pavement, gravel, grass trails etc. A lot of options as to where to go, and it winds next to the river. It's lovely! I included a picture of the map so you guys can see the trail options etc.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

My second hike at Willamette Mission State Park, where I discovered more interesting paths. The one that circles the main park is one of the most interesting. It follows the river, where you can cut through the trees to get to the water. It connects with the Wheatland Ferry to the north. On the south side is Mission Lake and some interesting historical markers.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

My first loop was around the Vision Trail nearest the park entrance. This gave me the first impression that Willamette Mission State Park was a little dull. After further exploration I found out my first loop was the least interesting, and all the other trails are far more interesting, and the park is awesome overall.

Monday, June 27, 2016

This is an awesome hike with a little bit of history thrown in. Beautiful area with lots of trees and singing birds around you. The hike is listed as moderate, but I found it to be easy. I did the educational 2.5 mile loop then wound my way over to the mission trail. Don't leave without seeing the ghost structure of the mission. Will definitely do this hike again.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nice stroll with the family. 4 year was tired about half way through. Saw and heard lots of birds! All had a good time. Except my shoulders.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Trail was super mucky. Would have been more fun during summer months when things dry out. Also trail was super easy, didn't even get a little sweaty.