Wildwood Trail and Leif Erickson Drive Trail Loop

Wildwood Trail and Leif Erickson Drive Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Breathtaking walk!

Beautiful day! After the week I had I would have given 4 stars for a walk around our neighborhood. Got a break in the weather after raining all week. The trail presented me with mist, falling leaves and drops from the trees after the evening rain. The first mile is a narrow road but has a nice feel looking on to a ravine. The trail then narrows and eventually climbs. Encountered very few people on this Saturday morning. Much needed!

Beautiful!

Beautiful trail and not too easy for a run - loved it

Great for trail running. Beautiful scenery, lush and green and peaceful. I went during the week and did 8 miles total (4 out and 4 back). Only passed about 4 people! I'm sure if you go on a weekend it's busier. Only thing that was frustrating is that I had trouble finding the trail entrance; the directions link from this site led me to a random spot so I had to drive around and google a bit to find the actual trail entrance. Got there in the end but don't think the directions from this site necessarily work on 100% of the trails. I'm also not from this area so maybe it was just me! In either case, highly recommend going. Great spot and so close to Portland!

Great trail to get out of the sun and heat. Good for hiking and trail running. Numerous route alternatives to choose from.

Great hike

Great trail! Solid hike with nice forest views. Good warm up on Leif Erickson drive before going up a big hill.

Great Sunday Afternoon hike with shades all over..Love all big trees, ferns,friendly people, and pretty dogs

First part of the trail was very fun but the second half was just walking on wide forest road. Anyway the trail nature is very beautiful, during midweek is almost empty.

nice quick hike, close to portland. Wished I had seen more views of the city.

I didn't meet up with Leif Erikson but this was the closest thing I can find on the app. I took Fire Road 15 out and did a lollipop Circle - 12 to BPA to Wildwood back to 15. . Took1 hour 50 minutes, and I consider myself pretty slow (I was wearing a medium-weight backpack for training).

Everything is super well-marked so you are not at risk of accidentally turning down the wrong way. Very quiet, saw maybe 10 people total, a few with dogs, a few trail runners.

15 is basically going downhill very gradually except for a couple steep spots. When it meets number 12 it is at the lowest point, and from their number 12 goes up up up until the BPA. BPA is basically a Powerline Road, so in extreme weather or you will either get sunburned or you will get rained on so be prepared. From there Wildwood Trail is quite lovely with just small rolling hills, so it's a quick mile there back to 15 with a few well made sturdy bridges. 15 from is there an uphill on the way home so you get a burst of cardio on your way out.

Well used trail, easily marked. Perfect hike for under 2 hours.

Leif is double wide trail, it narrows to single track once on wildwood. On a mid day Saturday, we saw maybe 10 other hikers /runners. Due to the recent snow/rains, trails had some muddy spots (but what's a hike without getting some mud on your boots!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Absolutely Beautiful!! One of my favorite hiking places.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Perfect directions to the location. Beautiful area. Thanks Oregon!! Highlight of the walk--at the very time my coffee was kicking in--BAM--a porta-potty in the middle of the trail...perfection!! Even tho it rained lightly while on this trail, I didn't get soaked because of the canopy of trees. It remained pretty damp and the sound of rain, surrounding me was calming with The Biggest leaves I'd seen in my life.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Easy pleasant hike.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hit a perfect after work spring day for a hike. Wonderful views, beautiful and colorful rock formations, wildlife - what more could you ask for? As it was a weekday in the late afternoon there were few others on the trail, which made this hike almost zen-like. Simple and relaxing.