Wildwood Loop Trail

Wildwood Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 416 feet Route Type: Loop

Love running here! Steep getting in and out (I usually walk the last steep section for a cool down). Dirt trail with lots of roots, gets very muddy but always a fun time!

My wife and I have done this loop 4 times so far and love it! we've done it twice starting on Trillium and twice on Hardesty both endings get our old overweight hearts pumping! I'm guessing that all 4 times combined we've seen 15 people total and only once saw a biker. we are planning on branching out and expanding the loop. Note...the trail marked on the map as Oil line rd is marked on the trail as Fire rd 7 and Gas line is marked 7A. just to help avoid some confusion.

Last half mile was pretty rough on my hip, which isn't the greatest. Definitely an easy trail up until that point. Lots of dogs off leash the whole time but they were all friendly.

We took our daughter. she's five and did very well on this trail. My daughter is a big fan of wild flowers. which we seen plenty of Alon the path. We took the Wildwood trail most of the way but decided to take the Ridgeway trail rather then the full loop. which was also nice. some places can be steep. nothing to difficult thought.

Beautiful trail with a steep grade coming in and out with some exposed roots / uneven terrain. As mentioned in a previous review, be sure to follow the map in the app as the full Wildwood trail does not make this exact loop. Nice cover from the trees. Not too crowded. A few walkers with dogs - some on leash and some off. Parking was easy.

Love this for trail running. The last .5 miles is tough, but great to work on quick elevation gain!

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Really good hike. Definitely some steep slopes and exposed roots, which would make it difficult for out of shape people trying to get into hiking. Trail signs are misleading! Make sure you have downloaded this app and check the map at every trail sign-we kept following Wildwood trail which led us off this loop. This loop follows the Wildwood trail for the most part, but does utilize branching trails to complete the loop. Overall, it was a beautiful day for a hike and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely!

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Love this trail. Short enough for weekday jaunt after work. Didn’t see another io the trail. The end a bit of a challenge for so early in the year, but not too bad.

Monday, November 27, 2017

Beautiful hike for a muddy trail!

Monday, October 02, 2017

Amazing! Go for it. Great trail run. The signs are a bit confusing so pay attention. I really enjoyed the first downhill zig zag. Lots of exposed roots but a great downhill run. It was nice to go on the hike after a few days of rain because you could hear the little creeks and see the water under the small bridges.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Walked this trail early in the morning with my husband and dog. Great little morning hike. Was getting busy when we got back to the car around 11.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

This was a great "first hike in a while" trail for me. Although I could have kept going. Perfect for a couple of hours. Also it is very quiet. Only saw 2 others on a Saturday.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Nice quiet trail, simple, and serene. Easy, but not too easy. Good for a walk among the trees.