Wildwood Trail

Wildwood Trail is a 27.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Walked about 4 miles after visiting Pittock Mansion. Trailhead just off parking lot.

Did the 30+ mile thru hike. Took us about 12.5 hours point-to-point with ample rest/stretch/feed time and a detour to Pittock Mansion. It’s pretty much just walking through a bunch of forest for a reeeeeally long time. Super shaded so not too hot, but definitely Mosquito City. If you’re looking to do the thru-hike, I’d suggest starting at the southern trailhead in order to get the majority of your elevation gain out of the way before you get tired/sore. Also, you’ll be more likely to take the extra quarter mile to check out the Pittock Mansion viewpoint which is stunning and the only view you will get on this hike. Also, be prepared to share the trail with like, everyone in Portland. Overall, a good time.

Did Wildwood and branched off to Redwood....It was beautiful and I suggest going early on the weekend. The only concern I had were some of the paths were skinny and there were a number of fast runners that would blaze by without much warning...we were on a skinny path with a drop-off and I felt like I was going to be pushed over.....so just be aware of pounding feet behind you, otherwise excellent.

I absolutely love the parts of this trail I’ve hiked, and I’m so intrigued by every trail that branches off, I get more and more excited about going back. It’s gorgeous and challenging and it’s wonderful in every type of weather, and it’s really hard to resist stopping and taking photos of everything.

You’ll break a sweat with this hike up and down.

I loved this trail. I hiked it a few times. Lots of beautiful trees and flowers.

I haven't hiked the whole 30 miles of it but this is a great trail because there are so many other options to branch off of and cool places to see.

Started the Wildwood Trail off of SW Fischer Lane. Also hit the Redwood and Oak trail. Did not go through the whole 27 mile loop of Wildwood but all trails we hit north of the Visitor Center was very enjoyable. Our starting point of the Wildwood was intensely green and vegetated. Oak trail not so much but for a sunny day in Portland, with very limited run ins with other hikers it was an enjoyable outing. Far more of a decent walk than what I would consider a "hike".

20 minutes from my front door, great trail for training

Can be crowded

Very good trail

Was a great hike. Perhaps I didn’t go on the correct trail, but the one I went on didn’t seem hard at all.

I hiked some sections of this trail. Really good trail to hike anytime of the year! I was disappointed that the witch castle was vandalized. Nevertheless, this trail is great for Portlanders who want to hike and do not want to drive too far out to do it. AND...I saw some banana slugs here!

Walked my dog a couple miles today. Beautiful wooded path. Well kept, vey quiet and pleasant. Only saw three other people. I have a dachshund and it wasn’t too difficult for her little legs so I’m sure we”ll go back again.

Love it!!

Not hard at all.. It's probably rated hard because the full trail is 30 miles. This is just a loooong walk through the woods, which is magical and beautiful, but this trail is mostly used for trail running and families walking their dogs. Hardly any elevation gain, no 'views', just beautiful Oregon forest!

Great view at the top of the city!

I'm new to Portland and WOWIE it is amazing to have a sanctuary like this in my (near enough) backyard!!! Getting lost in Forest Park is awesome, the greenery is meditative and beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone -- I first did it alone and it is a very safe feeling hike for lady hikers like myself, there seem to be a lot of people on the trail but it feels more communal than overwhelming. People really respect the nature here -- never goin' back to LA!

Gorgeous hike, magnificent sequoias, definitely challenging. Planning on doing it in sections, every Sunday, until I get it done. This time, a 10-mile round-trip from the zoo.

I did not do the full trail. I kinda just wanted to check out the Witch's Castle. I must say.. I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful and I could definitely get a nice relaxing workout. True, there is no big "reward" but definitely full of nature! I will definitely go back for the full 30 and just enjoy the scenery. Preferably when there aren't as many bugs!

I did the full trail in one day. The trail is not difficult, just long. Get an early start, pack moleskins, and enjoy!

Very long hike in beautiful Forest Park. Aside from the climb to Pittock mansion it's fairly flat along the entire 30 miles. It's a great 10 hour workout but no real pay off for the effort.

only did a portion but wished i had time to just wander here forever. lol

A huge uphill hike but beautiful surroundings, wide trail and pet friendly. Bring water, my fitbit says I did 45 flights of stairs on this hike.

Solid

Friday, June 23, 2017

Love it! But watch out for all the roots!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Great trails.... need better signage! Easy to take a wrong turn.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great trail for trail running. It's a beautiful forest to escape from the city for a bit. Heavily wooded area. Not really any vistas. Quite muddy.

Friday, May 12, 2017

My wife and I have had the desire to do the entire trail for some time. Physically, we knew we were not up to doing it in a one day death march, too old for that. Three days during a vacation week seemed like a good idea. Logistically, we came up with the idea to use Uber to get us from our car drop point to the day's trailhead. It work out really well. Day 1 from trailhead to 53rd. Day 2 from 53rd to Springville Rd. Day 3 from Springville to Newberry Rd. At a pace of 10 +or- so miles a day, we really had a beautifully peaceful hike. Almost as important as the hiking, we finished each day at a favored tavern. We highly recommend the Skyline Tavern on Skyline Blvd. It is very close to the end of day 2 and 3. While I respect those that do the trail in a day, I'm sure we enjoyed getting our cold beer at the end of each of the three days as opposed to just one. Three days of hiking/ three happy hours!

Monday, May 08, 2017

It took two attempts but I finally managed to hike the entire trail in one day! So beautiful and what a great challenge. Funniest part was a woman near the end of my journey asking if I was injured (nope...just the soreness kicking in and could barely walk the last few miles!)