Wildwood Trail

Wildwood Trail is a 30 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Was a great hike. Perhaps I didn’t go on the correct trail, but the one I went on didn’t seem hard at all.

I hiked some sections of this trail. Really good trail to hike anytime of the year! I was disappointed that the witch castle was vandalized. Nevertheless, this trail is great for Portlanders who want to hike and do not want to drive too far out to do it. AND...I saw some banana slugs here!

Walked my dog a couple miles today. Beautiful wooded path. Well kept, vey quiet and pleasant. Only saw three other people. I have a dachshund and it wasn’t too difficult for her little legs so I’m sure we”ll go back again.

Love it!!

Not hard at all.. It's probably rated hard because the full trail is 30 miles. This is just a loooong walk through the woods, which is magical and beautiful, but this trail is mostly used for trail running and families walking their dogs. Hardly any elevation gain, no 'views', just beautiful Oregon forest!

Great view at the top of the city!

I'm new to Portland and WOWIE it is amazing to have a sanctuary like this in my (near enough) backyard!!! Getting lost in Forest Park is awesome, the greenery is meditative and beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone -- I first did it alone and it is a very safe feeling hike for lady hikers like myself, there seem to be a lot of people on the trail but it feels more communal than overwhelming. People really respect the nature here -- never goin' back to LA!

Gorgeous hike, magnificent sequoias, definitely challenging. Planning on doing it in sections, every Sunday, until I get it done. This time, a 10-mile round-trip from the zoo.

I did not do the full trail. I kinda just wanted to check out the Witch's Castle. I must say.. I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful and I could definitely get a nice relaxing workout. True, there is no big "reward" but definitely full of nature! I will definitely go back for the full 30 and just enjoy the scenery. Preferably when there aren't as many bugs!

I did the full trail in one day. The trail is not difficult, just long. Get an early start, pack moleskins, and enjoy!

Very long hike in beautiful Forest Park. Aside from the climb to Pittock mansion it's fairly flat along the entire 30 miles. It's a great 10 hour workout but no real pay off for the effort.

only did a portion but wished i had time to just wander here forever. lol

A huge uphill hike but beautiful surroundings, wide trail and pet friendly. Bring water, my fitbit says I did 45 flights of stairs on this hike.

Solid

Love it! But watch out for all the roots!

Great trails.... need better signage! Easy to take a wrong turn.

Great trail for trail running. It's a beautiful forest to escape from the city for a bit. Heavily wooded area. Not really any vistas. Quite muddy.

My wife and I have had the desire to do the entire trail for some time. Physically, we knew we were not up to doing it in a one day death march, too old for that. Three days during a vacation week seemed like a good idea. Logistically, we came up with the idea to use Uber to get us from our car drop point to the day's trailhead. It work out really well. Day 1 from trailhead to 53rd. Day 2 from 53rd to Springville Rd. Day 3 from Springville to Newberry Rd. At a pace of 10 +or- so miles a day, we really had a beautifully peaceful hike. Almost as important as the hiking, we finished each day at a favored tavern. We highly recommend the Skyline Tavern on Skyline Blvd. It is very close to the end of day 2 and 3. While I respect those that do the trail in a day, I'm sure we enjoyed getting our cold beer at the end of each of the three days as opposed to just one. Three days of hiking/ three happy hours!

It took two attempts but I finally managed to hike the entire trail in one day! So beautiful and what a great challenge. Funniest part was a woman near the end of my journey asking if I was injured (nope...just the soreness kicking in and could barely walk the last few miles!)

I love the varying terrain of this trail. I can't believe I am in a big city while I run here. From mile 1 to 30 there is beauty all over.