Wildwood Trail

Wildwood Trail is a 30 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

My wife and I have had the desire to do the entire trail for some time. Physically, we knew we were not up to doing it in a one day death march, too old for that. Three days during a vacation week seemed like a good idea. Logistically, we came up with the idea to use Uber to get us from our car drop point to the day's trailhead. It work out really well. Day 1 from trailhead to 53rd. Day 2 from 53rd to Springville Rd. Day 3 from Springville to Newberry Rd. At a pace of 10 +or- so miles a day, we really had a beautifully peaceful hike. Almost as important as the hiking, we finished each day at a favored tavern. We highly recommend the Skyline Tavern on Skyline Blvd. It is very close to the end of day 2 and 3. While I respect those that do the trail in a day, I'm sure we enjoyed getting our cold beer at the end of each of the three days as opposed to just one. Three days of hiking/ three happy hours!

It took two attempts but I finally managed to hike the entire trail in one day! So beautiful and what a great challenge. Funniest part was a woman near the end of my journey asking if I was injured (nope...just the soreness kicking in and could barely walk the last few miles!)

I love the varying terrain of this trail. I can't believe I am in a big city while I run here. From mile 1 to 30 there is beauty all over.

Can't go wrong with this one! Bring the kids, the dogs, Grandma! Something for everyone. Cool on a hot day, stay a bit dryer on a wet day -trees are protective! We never go the same way twice, always enjoyable!

Turned this into a loop trail by taking NW Thurman to the lower Macleay trail