Wildhorse Trail, Orchard Loop, Pioneer Orchard, Cedar Grove, Elderberry, Old Holgate Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Great place to run trails in beautiful forested areas. The grass fields have TH markers to branch out in trails.

Powell Butte isn't my favorite park in the city, but it always surprises me when I go. It's easy to sum it (get it... summit) up as a "boring field on the top place"... but there is also a sizeable forest on the west and south sides. So in reality the park offers quite a bit of variety. Plus, having the open fields at the top affords more unobstructed views. Oh, and there are a few flowers [ahem millions] to boot (but don't kick them). I like all the ole wood fences around. The trails are marked well at all intersections. Mountain bikers frequent these trails, so watch out if you are hiking. Most everyone in Portland is pretty courteous on trails, so it's not really a big deal.

no much to see there, more like take a walk at an open field/farm.

I've done this trail alot of times, and I've found if I am up there before 10, as I'm nearing the top of the pioneer orchard trail at the top of the tree line I'll regularly catch some deer to the east of the trail, even got pretty close to a good sized buck!

Monday, May 29, 2017