Wilderness Park North Loop

Wilderness Park North Loop is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Linn, Oregon that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

I enjoyed my walk through West Linne Wilderness Park. It's not a terribly crowded park, and it has a very natural feel though in the middle of town. It's also cool that across Clark Street is a whole notha area to explore in Camassia and the other trails near the high school - trails I find slightly more interesting than the Wilderness Park. The Wilderness Park doesn't have a ton of variety in vegetation or scenery, but what is there has an all around attractive appearance. Since it is within the city it might be slightly improved with a bench or two here and there. I like to find secret corners to sit and reflect, write, read, etc. Not that I always spend time to do so, but pleasant thoughts result when I see such potential landings - even though they are slight man-made disruptions of nature. After all, paths themselves are man-made, so a sparse bench or table aren't really "worse" in that sense. Ramble blah (my words are blah, not my experience there). Nice place.

anything in the city, in this case West Linn, that has old growth Douglas Fir is sweer. lots of intersecting trails so you can stretch it oht.

Saturday, September 02, 2017