Whitaker Ponds Nature Park is a 0.6 mile loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

paddle sports

This is a really great nature walk around two ponds near downtown Portland, OR perfect for the elderly or small children Enjoy this short walk around this natural area. This is a great place for watching birds. Children will be occupied reading the many interpretive signs on the walk. If you have a canoe this is a great place to put in to paddle the Columbia Slough area.

Last time I was here I found a pipe case on the waters edge. I opened it only to find a small bag a spoon and 2 needles... junkie starter kit... I am sick and tired of taking my kids to all these parks close to the city and have to pick up fucking needles or dealing with groups of people smoking weed... I’ve grown up in this city now I can’t stand it. I will spend the gas to take my kids hiking outside the city limits.

Most of the trail is underwater right now.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

This trail is closed for renovation as of 10/10/17

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

nice i like a swamp zone. saw some birds, they seemed to have some kind of club going on in the bushes.

Friday, July 28, 2017

This is a massive construction site at the moment: 7/27/2017. It doesn't look accessible from the road.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It's a nice even path. It does have roots and things that might trip you up if you aren't careful. But good for young and old alike. It's more of a walk than I hike, but still nice.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Very beautiful and they're currently working on upgrades. Squirrels, bird and rabbits! Plant life is apparent and fish. For Pokemon Go fans it has five Pokestops and a gym. The gazebo has brand new wood and seating for under twenty people. It is a fun and calming walk and great escape from work. Finally there are two perfectly good baseball fields with dugouts and scoreboards!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016