Watson Falls

Watson Falls is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glide, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

272 foot waterfall over basalt lava cliffs up the Umpqua River Valley. Watson Falls is the third highest waterfall in Oregon at 272 feet. It is the most beautiful waterfall along the North Umpqua River Valley. You will cross a wooden bridge below the falls that will put you right into the lower rapids with an amazing view of the falls as they roar over the basalt lava cliffs ahead.

Every waterfall has something special. This one was beautiful worth the hike.

It's the most beautiful hike in the fall! The colored leaves are endless and frame the falls so perfectly.

I have been here twice with friends and family within the past six months and plan on coming back again and again.

Make sure you visit the base of the fall: Take the path over the rocks at the bottom by the long wooden bridge!

Totally awesome. Even rad!

Really enjoyed this hike. The falls are gorgeous. We took our time because there are several view points and we wanted to enjoy them all.

Wow!!

Nice little hike, nice addition if your passing through & you have some extra time, lots of Mosquitoes, (at least when we were there in July)

It was a lot of fun

Great views as you hike in. What a gem

Short sweet good trail. We did this back in march when there was still snow. It was awesome. Nice lil climb but great payoff.

Unsure as to why this has a moderate rating. Very easy hike, especially if you take it slow and enjoy the moss covered rocks and cascading creek. And the waterfall is incredible!

Did Toketee first and hit this after

If you are doing the Toketee Falls hike make some time to add Watson to your day. Watson Falls is massive and very gorgeous right now. I was absolutely in love.

gorgeous

Beautiful hike

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

AMAZING Waterfall and great hike. Absolutely enjoyed the trail and seeing the waterfall as soon as you hit the bridge, it leaves you speechless. You can access the bottom off the waterfall from both view points and get some really good angles and lighting for photography. Repellent is a must. One of my favorites.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

attempted to do this hike mid day, we had to turn back after about 2 minutes due to the swarm of mosquitos! and we even applied repellent just prior to starting :( very disappointed.
*picutre provided was of the creek by the beginning picnic tables

Saturday, April 23, 2016

This trail is steep but short. I recommend it if you want to get up close to the base of a waterfall. It takes you right up to the base of the falls. I had trouble getting too close because the spray from the falls was so strong. I got a little wet.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

One of the most wonderful moments of my life was walking up to these falls! I can't wait to go back and explore some more when it hasn't been raining so much! :-)

Friday, July 03, 2015

This trail was so beautiful! Kids had fun and climbed all the way down to the waterfall, that part was a little sketchy! We found a little waterhole for the kids to swim at as well. Also used loop back trail to get back real quick after a decent hike with the kids. Pretty amazing views at the waterfall viewing deck.