Learn more

Watson Falls is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Loop

paved

272 foot waterfall over basalt lava cliffs up the Umpqua River Valley. Watson Falls is the third highest waterfall in Oregon at 272 feet. It is the most beautiful waterfall along the North Umpqua River Valley. You will cross a wooden bridge below the falls that will put you right into the lower rapids with an amazing view of the falls as they roar over the basalt lava cliffs ahead.

44 minutes ago

Loved it! Heavily trafficked while we were here but climbed up and was able to stand almost right under the falls. Impressive!!

This waterfall is worth the uphill climb to it. However, the uphill is short and sweet. You can feel the mist on you when you get to the top! And then the loop leads you back on the road and right at the parking lot. Happy Hiking!

Amazing. You can jailer all the way to the bottom of the falls and feel the heavy mist on your face.

I just met this really nice girl on the trial we hit if off great and I should’ve ask for his number... I know this isn’t “missed connections” but if you happen to read this 9546683160 ON ANOTHER NOTE BEAUTIFUL WATERFALL!!

Trail is in perfect shape with very little mud. Mileage is absolutely wrong. It's a half mile each way. Three minutes from Toketee, so make sure to do both while in the area.

Sooo beautiful and big

Very quick hike to a stunning viewpoint. You can feel the waterfall when you get there! Beautiful!

Nice quick hike and pretty waterfall!

This is a must see waterfall. The trail is doable for any age (hiker). Amazing falls that I could have watched for hours. Amazing plants and trees along the way. I even hugged a tree. Just having fun. It’s the 3rd highest falls in Oregon.

Of all the waterfall I’ve seen so far during my OR waterfall wkend this was by far my favorite. The whole area is like something out of King Kong movie scene. It’s so lush and overgrown and green with multiple cascade leading up to the grand finale - the fall. The fall is very powerful you don’t have to be close to feel it’s mist. I didn’t encounter any mosquito during my visit. We pretty much have the whole place to ourselves.

Great trail for kids. Amazing waterfall views. A little muddy.

No fee. Medium hike. Not friendly to those with disabilities, but what-a-view!

Beautiful and a short hike. More like 1 mile out and back. Worth it!

Only spotty snow on the trail when we went, but will likely get more snow. The last 100 feet of rock to the base of the trail is covered in ice. I opted to not to get in the water.

One of my all time favorite trails and waterfall. Such a gorgeous hike with lots of moss and greenery. Super short and easy, leads to awesome waterfall you can get right under.

This was an unbelievably gorgeous hike. There is a small waterfall just adjacent to a picnic area right at the parking lot, but the actual trail for Watson Falls starts across the small road. Mostly uphill and a bit slippery in spots, but good handholds. You can go a little off trail with some rock scrambling and get different vantage points of the main falls.

Short, decently steep uphill. Worth it!

Perfect trail for a nice fall hike!

Gorgeous hike along a stream to a beautiful waterfall. Short and sweet but worth it. My FitBit clocked 1.08 miles from the parking lot, around the loop, with a stop at the viewpoint. Can be slippery in some areas, but didn’t feel unsafe with me or my dog.

Short but sweet. Uphill there and downhill back. Can get right up to where the falls land. Also another viewpoint about a quarter way up. Will definitely visit again.

Not too busy. Pretty strenuous for an old gal like me. A few benches to rest. I just took my time through gorgeous scenery. So glad I pursued. The trail takes you about half way up the falls.

Beautiful falls!

absolutely beautiful. Saw hikers and sandals, and some hikers and hiking boots. wellworth the hike in

Underrated. Amphitheater of the gods.

If you exercise regularly, this trails great. I would NOT recommend this hike to anyone with asthma, physical impairment or recent leg injury. If you have kids under 3, you will need to carry them. This trail is narrow, steep, no railings, and a fallen tree you need to climb over. Going later in the evening will result in swarms of mosquito bites. This waterfall has one of the best views on HWY 138 and I would recommend stopping to explore.

Amazing waterfall!! There is a spot where you can go up the rocks and get really close to the water. Our kids loved it. Out of all the waterfalls on 138 it is the best!!