EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Washington Park Loop

Washington Park Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 393 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Please note, as of July 22, 2019, part of this trail is closed due to new bridge construction near burnside. This path follows the most popular and beautiful trails in Washington Park to connect you with all the major sites and attractions within the area. This is a great walk for the family as it includes a zoo and very cool Japanese Garden area. The Wildwood Trail is one of the best trails in all of Washington Park and you will travel over most of it. There are a lot of trails that intersect the track so you can explore around the area as well.

mid October around 1pm. this was a great easy to moderate hike with some amazing forest views! the fall folliage was great and still hadnt changed all of the way. I will say its a bit confusing with all of the different trails but there are maps available at the visitors center to help. also not sure if I was just missing it but one of the trails by the small parking lot doesnt seem to be there but thankfully there is another trail 20ft up that connects so you'll still be able to make the loop no matter what with all of the options.

recorded Washington Park Loop

Beautiful varied path, no mud, trees changing color. Amazing redwood and sequoia lookout platform was worth the trip!

One of the first trails my family and I discovered when we moved to Portland. Washington Park is a personal favorite of ours, and offers comfortable benches along the way. Great escape.

very green and serene!

Part of trail is closed due to new bridge construction near burnside

This is a great, easy hike! We enjoyed walking through the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial and then into miles of canopied trails. It’s amazing how we can be so close to the city, but yet feel so far away!

recorded Washington Park Loop

bridge out

Nice variety in this hike, popular trails mixed in with views of Japanese Gardens. Rose Gardens were crammed with roses in full bloom & visitors but the rest of the loop was more sparsely occupied. Work on reservoir was interesting but loud.

Beautiful walk in a variety of trees. Lots of trail intersections so had to keep checking the map. Japanese Gardens, Vietnam memorial, Redwood deck, Hoyt Arboretum. We parked at the visitor center which has pay parking and nice rest rooms, and walked the Oak trail to connect to the loop.

closed

A good chunk of this trail was closed right in the middle (no city views as promised), with no mention of it having a detour at the trail heads. The trail intertwines with myriad others, the markers are quite confusing in some spots, and the trail names do not line up with what was downloaded on my map (from this app). We ended up adding an extra 3 miles - which then didn’t even record - and had to use apple maps gps to find our way back to the car. Pretty frustrating for a day that started out so wonderfully. Thankfully the weather was perfect, and the trail was pretty.

Good hike. Signs are kind of confusing so make sure you pay attention to them and make sure not to take wrong trail. Redwood Deck is a cool area to check out the trees!

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

A fun, easy hike. Went here for a first date with my boyfriend

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Was a bit Confusing but we will definitely be going Because there are many things to do around that area. We will be going back tomorrow to explore all the other areas we didn't get to explore today.

Friday, May 18, 2018

It was ok, I'd definitely call it a mostly easy trail with a couple short steep sections. biggest problem was the stretch right off the memorial, which has lots of criss crossing trails that were confusing enough that I had to check my map a dozen times. Not knowing the names of the component trails was a problem until I got to where I can stay on Wildwood for a long time. Maybe would have been more logical going counter clockwise. At any rate, it's a good hike that feels mostly secluded despite being urban and you can detour to a little viewing area on Wildwood.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Easy, dog friendly hike

Friday, July 21, 2017

The short segment that runs along Johnson Creek (2.4-2.5 mile mark on the elevation map) is closed due to a landslide. Detour via Redwood Trail.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

So much to do in one place. One of my favorite places Portland

Monday, July 17, 2017

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Beautiful day! Great way to spend the 4th of July.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

another time it seems my all trails gps took me to the wrong place....it took me by the Vietnam memorial SW knight and nothing was labeled Washington park loop I did 3 miles but other combined loops not foresty or misty like the other reviews

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Beautiful

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Good

Saturday, April 16, 2016

I give this five stars because it is a beautiful forest in the middle of a major city. Once you're on the trail, it is easy to forget that downtown is only a couple miles away. Peaceful and quiet.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

This was very cool next to the Pittock mansion. easy to find and easy, ample free parking. a very misty spooky descent into the mossy forest very cool. :)

Monday, August 10, 2015

This is one of the only hikes where I know the exact date of when I went. It's very easy, and is a good place to walk your dog. This is one of thew only trails in the City that doesn't get extremely crowded, so it's pretty enjoyable. Just wish it was a bit longer. It only takes an hour to complete, so you don't have to be prepared to do this trail.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Beautiful wooded hiking near the center of the city. We had our engagement pictures taken here.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

very pretty misty, mossy woodland hike with you surrounded with tall trees. canopy is pretty thick so you don't get too much sun. trail was very well marked and maintained. Right near portland city so easy to get too. Ample free parking.