Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest and Angels Rest Loop

Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest and Angels Rest Loop is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, bird watching, and ice climbing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,814 feet Route Type: Loop

Don't come this way, it's no fun.

Way to crowded for my liking. I’ll stick to my secluded hikes.

great hike with difficult climbs and beautiful scenery. mostly shaded so great to do in the summer months. only portion that is unshaded is the top of angel's rest. great spot to watch the sunset if you aren't afraid to hike down in the dark.

I did this hike with my son and was fun

Beautiful trail. Plenty of water and outstanding creek flow and water falls. Definitely dog friendly. My Saint Bernard has been by my side for both excursions. This trail is on the harder side. About 2300 feet elevation gain in less than 4 miles. Definitely a booty burner. I have done the full Loop twice and I will say this trail offers one of the most beautiful unaltered conifer rainforest experiences that I have found in the Columbia gorge. Both times I have done it, after 1500 feet elevation gain, the trail becomes quiet and secluded. Enjoy it. And of course, stay on the trail and pack out what you packed in.

My siblings & I had such a fun time hiking this trail! The walk up is a little tough at first but you get used to it & the view is continuously amazing!

quite fun! rocky in places and muddy between devils and Angel's rest. I would avoid running this trail as there are many slippery rocks that are barely visible.

This is one of my faves. Quite a bit of burnt trees in this area tho from the fires. Pretty falls!

I started at the Wahkeena Falls parking lot, went up to the intersection and went left to Devils Rest trail 420C and followed it to Devils Rest then continued to Angels Rest and then went back on trail 415 to the parking area. It took me about 1 hour and 55 minutes to get to Devils Rest, but I am a slow 62 year old hiker. Counting time for lunch, rest stops, and viewing at Angels Rest, it took 5 hours and 40 minutes out and back. If you are going to do this hike, then you have to understand it's the activity itself that is the reward - there are no views at Devils Rest, although there is a gap in the trees on the way up due to the fire that allows you to see Mount Adams, and there are little in the way of views anywhere else excepting Angels Rest which will probably be packed with flip-floppers that came up the Bridal Veil trail. Overall the trail is easy to follow although very overgrown in several spots. Foxglove trail looked impenetrable.

The initial section of trail from the falls to the end of the asphalt trial was pretty awful on the return (about 3pm). Literally jammed with tourists, some playing music with blue tooth speakers. Fact is once past the bridge overlooking the falls and creek there is no reason for the flip flop wearers to continue. The rest of our hike we enjoyed fabulously.

Today was a beautiful day to hike. I started actually at Angels Rest Trailhead and the did the rest of this trail after getting to Angels Rest. The trail was easy to follow and dry! Beautiful views from Angels Rest and seeing the waterfalls at Wahkeena Falls was gorgeous! Steep trail getting up to Devils rest, and not much of a view but a great resting spot that is beautiful in the woods.

this hike was more like 12 miles. very pretty. over grown. started early in AM and was pretty crowded when I finished. took me about 4.5 hours to complete.

Pretty, a decent incline but kinda crowded.

It was an awesome trail, me and my fiancé hiked it and started around 11am Sunday May 26th and it was definitely challenging considering the amount of climbing you half to do to get through it all. Took us about 7 hours and angels rest is so worth it.

Hiked 5/4/19 and started at 5:45. We did not see many people until we started getting closer to the bottom around 9:00am. Very nice hike, although the view at Devil’s Rest isn’t one that I would go out of my way for again! It was definitely a little bit of a leg burner and the weather was perfect. Highly recommend!

Great trail. Trail to Multnomah Falls is out but still well worth the hike.

Beautiful trail!!

It's a beautiful trail with lots to offer, but the amount of people on the trail today was almost miserable. Next time I will get there very early in the morning to avoid the crowd.