Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest and Angels Rest Loop

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(188)
Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area

Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest and Angels Rest Loop is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, bird watching, and ice climbing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,814 feet Route Type: Loop

nice workout. lots of water and well shaded. some good views. Can be crowded. recommended.

Need spikes right now, very icy areas and very under-equipped hikers. Beware!

icy

Hiked a similar route in reverse Saturday, Jan 11, 2020. GPX coordinates are on GAIA. Need two cars. Park one at Wahkeena and start the hike at Angels Rest. Weather was overcast with light showers on and off until around 2000 ft on the way to Devils Rest. Had some snow/sleet mix for a short bit on the last push up to Devils Rest. The trail from Devils Rest down to Wahkeena was muddy.

This was an amazing hike, I did it today. It never failed to impress. Every single bend was a picture. This hike also took us through the heart of the gorge fire and it looks amazing as the ferns and undergrowth are growing back!

Don't come this way, it's no fun.

Way to crowded for my liking. I’ll stick to my secluded hikes.

great hike with difficult climbs and beautiful scenery. mostly shaded so great to do in the summer months. only portion that is unshaded is the top of angel's rest. great spot to watch the sunset if you aren't afraid to hike down in the dark.

I did this hike with my son and was fun

Beautiful trail. Plenty of water and outstanding creek flow and water falls. Definitely dog friendly. My Saint Bernard has been by my side for both excursions. This trail is on the harder side. About 2300 feet elevation gain in less than 4 miles. Definitely a booty burner. I have done the full Loop twice and I will say this trail offers one of the most beautiful unaltered conifer rainforest experiences that I have found in the Columbia gorge. Both times I have done it, after 1500 feet elevation gain, the trail becomes quiet and secluded. Enjoy it. And of course, stay on the trail and pack out what you packed in.

My siblings & I had such a fun time hiking this trail! The walk up is a little tough at first but you get used to it & the view is continuously amazing!

quite fun! rocky in places and muddy between devils and Angel's rest. I would avoid running this trail as there are many slippery rocks that are barely visible.