Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest

Wahkeena Falls to Devils Rest is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

great views and a few beautiful waterfalls, the peak is a bit disappointing but the lack of crowding makes it great.

So, first, this is not a 6.1 mile trail. Oregon Hikers has it at 7.5 and a few recording in here that look like the standard path have it at 7.2. I decided to do this pretty last minute after work on a Friday, and ultimately didn't finish because I didn't want to get caught in the forest after sundown and once I got going it was clear that 7.5 was more right than 6.1.

Now that we've established that, I loved the first not-even-half of this hike! The Wahkeena trail is just wonderful, with lots of different scenery, multiple falls, and not too many places that are hard/dangerous to navigate. And if you end up doing an out and back it feels different coming down than going up.

Near the top you find yourself in a forest that is pretty flat off to the left, with the occasional view from 2000' off to the right. I only passed a few people beyond the tourist points (don't tell, but after work gorge hikes are great that way).

I'll likely be back very soon to do the whole trail, I'll just leave myself an extra hour.

A great hike! We did it clockwise, in the middle of a week. First part was moderately busy, until we split from Wahkeena trail and started climbing. This second part had lovely views along the way (though not at the peak, so make your photo/snack stop before...), and a very rewarding mix of berries to forage!!
There were a few confusing locations with the trail covered by bushes, having the app's map was helpful. However there are many more potential extensions and splits, so if you have the time you can enjoy saying goodbye to the mentioned trail...

The weather was perfect. We did the loop counterclockwise.

A very nice trail regardless of the insane amount of switchbacks it has, I did it counter clockwise and I see why people say do it clockwise. Nonetheless its a great trail especially going down and seeing all the waterfalls along the way. I did the Wakeena Loop to Devil's Rest (which ended up being a pile of rocks sadly but I guess that's where the name came from), then back down to the Wakeena Loop and finishing off at the Multnomah Falls overlook and lodge. I seriously got buns of steel now from Devil's Rest.

My all time favorite hike on a hot sunny day especially! Runs along water and lots of waterfalls. Wahkeena Springs is beautiful also and just a short stop off main trail.

The falls are wonderful the rest, well, let's just call it a good workout in the woods

You can get to Devils Rest from a lot of the other trails along the Gorge. I took Whakeena Falls. It was so pretty and soothing to be hiking along the waterfall til the junction up Devils Rest. I agree with the rest of you guys, The end point was a little disappointing but do pat yourself on the back after you make it all the way, lol. Killer workout!

this hike was pretty fun! devils peak was a bit of a disappointment as far as WHAT youre hiking to goes, i recommend just hiking all the way to multnomah falls and loop back to your car. we did 10 miles i think in a couple hours, it was fun! good photos too

The wahkeena portion of this hike was breathtaking. Beware of mud!