Wahclella Falls Trail [CLOSED]

Wahclella Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Did this hike back in January of 2017 and it was icy and slick which made the trek harder than it would be in the spring or summer months.

Beautiful hike

This is the easiest and maybe one of the most beautiful trails in the gorge. Hoping it opens back up soon ❤️

One of my favorite ever hikes- So sad it’s closed! Feels like another world being surrounded by huge amounts of moss and greens while in a valley between the rock. Ugh. Absolutely love it. The falls at the end are worth visiting a thousand times over.

Closed. You cannot get into the park. It's blocked off by cones because of the fire. I tried to sneak in but was stopped by the park patrol. He said it isn't open until March.

Nice easy trail with great views!

This is probably one of my favorite hiking trails. I've taken my daughter (4 years old) with me multiple times and she loves it as well. I highly recommended this trail to anyone, and it's great for kids.

Have done multiple times. One of my favorite falls in the gorge

Absolutely beautiful and easy

Quite a busy trail but still beautiful and not too tough for an afternoon. The views along the trail and at the falls are well worth the small crowding.

This was an easy-going, quick little hike, with a massively beautiful waterfall at the end. I went on a weeknight between 4-6, and it was pretty crowded. Not recommended if you are looking for solitude, but worth the trip. Little work, for a big reward.

It was a great, short hike.

Great hike with a beautiful waterfall in about 1 mile from the trail head. Great place to take pictures. Would do again!

Easy hike to the falls. Beautiful and powerful falls. Fun hike and creek along the hike.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice easy little out and back hike! Gentle slopes and a beautiful fall and pool to swim in! Great family hike!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

One of our favorites:)

Thursday, August 10, 2017

This hike was great! Fairly easy trail, not too much uphill. Dog friendly. Not crowded. Beautiful waterfall!!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

I went on a Sunday and it wasn't OVERLY crowded but weekday would still be best. Nice, quick, easy trail. The inclines weren't bad to me but my cousin hated her life haha

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Very crowded on a Saturday but very beautiful.

Friday, August 04, 2017

Stunning.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Beautiful
Was a bit tough on my out of shape husband but he found it worth it :-)

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Super easy hike with a great waterfall at the end!

Friday, July 28, 2017

Great, easy, short hike to a beautiful waterfall and pool area where you can get in if you want. Started this one around 5pm and was back at the car at 7. Great evening after work de-stress hike!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Beautiful
Took our 12 y/o Aussie and young Corgi and was very enjoyable

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Super quick, a little steep at times en route but overall, always a pleasant hike.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

I'm not sure this was an "easy" hike. That said, it was a beautiful waterfall. Next time I will take my trekking poles.

My Apple fitness tracker said we climbed the equivalent of 14 flights, but the AllTrails app says 310 feet.

Friday, July 14, 2017

I was told it was easy and that was very true. It was easier than what I was looking for- but the falls was so beautiful I'm glad i did it anyway.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Beautiful!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

It's a great hike that begins in the back of the parking lot. Parking can be a problem. It's well maintained and somewhat crowded. It's one of the best falls in the gorge in my opinion.

Friday, June 23, 2017

This trail starts out looking very commercialized. But then once it starts ascending, it gets the natural trail feel that you see a lot of in the gorge. Love the loop option. I'd recommend to stay left at first, so you can get the awe effect of seeing the falls straight on! It's quite the view. Large pool base on the bottom so you can easily get down and take a dip in the summer time! This falls is easy to get to and a nice one to visit for all ages! Enjoy!