Wagner Butte Trail

Wagner Butte Trail is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ashland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

]The first three miles are an uphill battle with amazing trees and views to ease the burn, and the last two miles to the butte are basically a switchback with beautiful wildflower and manzanitas.

Really enjoyed this hike. Great distance good up hills and good long mellow slope side sections. We went in September and the valley was mostly full of smoke but I still didn't care. And we live in Talent so its super close. Will definitely do this one again.

Wanted to see the lunar eclipse but Oregon was on fire! Amazing hike and really beautiful. Trails are pretty overgrown now though. Wished I'd wore my gaiters. ☺️ magical experience though!

Loved it! Great views to Mt Shasta and McLoughlin

Wow! So much work, so pretty! Only little bits of water and only one place that I felt safe filtering, so bring enough or bring a filter. Um, so I think it's more than 9.4 miles though. Trail is beautifully maintained, the only part I found to be sketchy was the sheep creek slide area. Just take your time, watch your footing and if you come down at sunset, make sure you have a headlamp! I did not encounter any wildlife besides a doe.

Easy to find, well maintained, and beautiful as can be!

Great views and a great workout. Most of the small streams are drying up so plan to bring your own water as summer progresses. I'll definitely be doing this hike again!

Did this hike on Saturday, July 1st, my 2nd time doing it, the previous time being in May of 2013. Lots of wildflower action going on. Here's a clip at Sheep Creek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyUHC6DDuQ Also, my video from the summit with views of Mount Ashland, Mount Shasta, Emigrant Lake, Mount McLaughlin and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdL3y5p2bw

Amazing view

Beautiful hike. You get views of Shasta, Ashland, Pilot Rock, Crater Lake Rim, Thielson, Bailey and a lot of Coastal mountains that I couldn't identify. We had 2 different GPS trackers going and it said it was 10.2 miles round trip. No snow. Love the fields of Lupine and sage brush. Such an awesome hike!

June 21 and the snow is all gone. Went on a Wednesday morning and saw people at the top but only crossed paths with a couple groups during the actual hike. It was very challenging, but so worth it. The views were especially gorgeous since it was so clear today, we really lucked out. I even saw a rainbow in a cloud, it was super cool. I had a hard time accepting how beautiful the vistas and the sage brush were. Love this hike! I'm used to doing 20 miles, but this 10 miles definitely tired me out.

always worth it

This is definitely my favorite hike in Southern Oregon! I've hiked it in all seasons, and the views are always spectacular. If you crave solitude, I do recommend doing this trail during the week, as on weekends there can be a surprising amount of people on it. I recently hiked this on May 21st, and there was quite a bit of snow near the top. The trail was well marked and still passable, but hiking in deep snow drifts can be pretty tiring. Still, definitely worth the effort!