Vineyard Mountain Loop [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(107)
McDonald-Dunn Forest

Vineyard Mountain Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corvallis, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 534 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options. Fireroad to the top of Vineyard Mountain and single track down From the Lewisburg Saddle parking lot from the northside orange gate, take the 500 road (the right one) and follow to the junction 5010, go right onto 5010 and follow to the top of Vineyard Mountain and the "Antennas". Go right around the loop and look for a single track trail on your right. Follow this trail down through the forest till it "T's" with another trail. Go right on this trail as left is marked private property. As you go right follow the trail down to the side access road and back onto the 600. Go left and as the road starts down, take a left on to the 5030 side road and follow it up till it ends, take the single track trail back down to the parking lot.

Trails closed 4/7/2020

Enjoyable day hike with a well maintained trail. Partial valley view at the top.

Nice mellow pace, a relaxing walk!

I went on the proper Vineyard Mountain Trail (lower portion), All trails said I was going off Trail. This is a beautiful hike from the saddle. Trail starts behind bathroom and climbs up east side of ridge before connecting with spur road and continues on up from there.

As a local hike this one is one of my favorites. I do it usually once or twice a month. Easy to make it longer by adding on sections of Dave’s trail. This trail is lovely rain or shine however I wouldn’t consider it a destination trail. It’s great if you’re local but I wouldn’t travel from far away to hike it.

Great hike! Light traffic, beautiful wooded trail. Great workout. Would definitely do it again

Definitely a new favorite. Birds and butterflies and some late spring flowers. There is lots of shade available to keep the body cool.

Tue May 14 2019

Nice wide trail. We took the incline up which took us a little while but you are rewarded with a view of Corvallis and a cool old abandoned cabin frame from the 1930s.

Fri Mar 22 2019

I love this hike in either direction. Perfect for a quick jaunt or casual stroll. Never too many people, but there are dogs, bikes, runners and hikers enjoying the area. Also, lots of different trails to explore from Lewisburg Saddle. Maps are available at the trail head kiosk.

Fri Mar 15 2019

Great hike for me and my 8 year old.

Sun Mar 03 2019

Very cold day but beautiful and clear. Hardly any other people after 4pm. Half of it is trail then roads, nonetheless the views are super.

Sat Feb 16 2019

Wet windy rainy day but beautiful. Weekend parking can be issue but so what. Forgot my trekking poles would have appreciated having them on descent slick mud

Mon Dec 10 2018

Good easy going trail. We took the trail up and 500 Rd back down. We got there around 9:30 and the parking lot was full. However we only saw a handful of people hiking/running. This trail connects to others so you can make your hike longer if you want. Overall nice a great with mostly tree cover and well maintained trails.

Sun Nov 25 2018

I enjoy this trail - busy enough with hikers, mountain bikes, runners to feel safe but not so busy that it’s a deterrent. It’s a gravel road to the top, the trail down winds through gorgeous forest. As a hiker, be mindful going during the on season for mountain biking- the plants are tall enough that you could be hard to spot with much advanced notice. Definitely keep your dog on leash! On a rainy day there is very minimal overhead cover. This is a trail definitely on my repeat list.

Sun Oct 21 2018

We (wife, dog, me) walked his trail on a Saturday afternoon in August. Delightful easy walk thru managed forest. Encountered occasional other cyclists, joggers, and walkers. Trail is thru the forest and does not offer panoramic views.

Sat Jul 14 2018

I took the road up, and the trail down. I'm a little out of shape, but was able to do this entire hike without a bottle of water at around 7pm. It's an easy hike with manageable elevation gain. The views are not good. At least from this trail. Haven't found a good vista of the valley from this area, at least not yet. This hike was EASY.

Sun Jul 08 2018

beautiful hike. We took the trail up, and the road back. We did not go to the furthest point due to some off leash dogs running around, which would have been a hindrance for our on leash alpha Aussie, but it was a lovely hike, none the less.

Mon Jun 04 2018

Beautiful area.

Sun Mar 11 2018

I really enjoyed this hike but it’s not the most scenic.

Sun Jan 07 2018

Beautiful vistas on an easy loop trail. This old fat man had no problem doing it.

Mon Oct 30 2017

nice hike ! my daughter and I really enjoyed it

Sun Dec 04 2016

Gorgeous trail and very well maintained. nice views and not too muddy for this time of year.

Wed Sep 28 2016

Very well maintained trail! Beautiful scenery.

Wed Aug 31 2016

Beautiful views along trail

Tue May 31 2016

Skinny on the way up and wide road on the way down, fun!

Wed May 15 2013

A short leisure walk through mostly forested area. Well-maintained gravel roads with few inclines. For a longer, similar loop take the Davies Nettleton Loop which includes half of this loop as well.