Varney Creek Trail to Lake Harriette

Varney Creek Trail to Lake Harriette is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath Falls, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Had the trail to myself hiking to Lake Harriette yesterday. Beautiful scenery, and I’d call it a mildly moderate trail. I was able to hike the 5.8 miles to the lake in just over an hour and a half. Such a peaceful place, and I got to have a one and one with a bald eagle! I’ll definitely be returning.

Went to Harriett lake , beautiful scenery , peaceful 9/15/17-9/17/17

First trail the kids and I hit since moving here. Nice easy path to follow. Though we only went up about about 2 miles ("my legs are tiiired") it wasn't difficult at all. We hiked at the end of August so there weren't any bugs and we had plenty of shade. We'll definitely go again and finish it!

can hear the creek for most of the hike. July hike and snow started about 4 miles in. would not rate moderate, rather gentle incline. More of Easy trail. lake is spectacular. will hike again.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Mod- hard trail! I felt like getting there to both lake was the hardest! Total 12 miles in and out trail! Rainy day! And snow on the trail! It was still an awesome hike!

Monday, September 12, 2016

took this train in early- mid September and only a few other hikers on the trail. we had Lake Harriette to ourselves and it was completely beautiful! Lake Como was an amazing turquoise!
the uphill all the way to Harriette is an awesome workout. will definitely do this trail again. just about 8 downed trees to climb over or go around...pretty clear.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Great hike! Little confusing to get to trail head. But basically you turn off on a dirt road from 140. Go down a mile or so before turning left at the signs. Then, turn right when you can. There's a stop sign on the right. Take that to the top where there's a trailhead sign. We just went to where the loop around the lake began and back. 8.8 miles.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sunday, April 10, 2016

One of the loveliest hikes I have done in Southern Oregon. I can't wait to do the whole Mountain Lakes Loop.

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

The trail was very dry and narrow so I kept my dog in front of me to avoid kicking dirt into his face. Definitely provides a full day of hiking. Extremely peaceful once you reach the beautiful mountain lake! Pack plenty of water!

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Awesome hike very steep at times.. Definitley worth the breathtaking lake at the end! Bring mosquito spray! Great hike for dogs!