Valley of the Giants Trail

Valley of the Giants Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Falls City, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 396 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note that this trail is on land owned by the Bureau of Land Management and is often used for logging. Be sure to stay on trail; do not wander the area. Also, directions will not bring you directly to the trailhead because of private roads that may be closed. Please read section below and click on "Getting There" tab for more in-depth directions. Before visiting, call the Salem office of the BLM (503 375-5646) to get information about closures and directions, Better to visit on weekends as there is intense logging activity in the area. Roads usually closed during fire season (late summer/early fall)

It was a nice drive to the trail head. we explored Valsetz a old logging town and even seen a fresh water spring tapped out of the mountian. But can definitely be confusing if you do not follow the directions on the Valley of the Giants site. We packed a 8 month old and a 3 year old the majority of the hike so we took our time. it was a easy hike some encline not to bad. Definitely worth the walk beautiful scenery and beautiful river and huge trees.

Great beautiful trail if you can find it! Nice easy hike through old growth forest. Highly recommend going on a weekend only to avoid the log truck traffic.

ive tried looking for this trail 2 times its not worth going and road is dangerous

unable to locate trailhead

Amazing hike. We used the BLM directions found online and they were spot on. It’s a tad difficult to get to, but 100% worth the drive. Just make sure to go on a weekend when the loggers are off. Otherwise the road could be narrow and quite dangerous with this slighting trucks. A MUST SEE TRAIL!!!

FYI...the directions link to the trail appears to be wrong. When we attempted to follow the directions, we came to a gate with a sign stating that wasn't the way to Valley of the Giants. I didn't ever find the trail so please ignore my Star rating...it was required to share my comment.

I wanted to be impressed but honestly it’s not worth the drive. I followed Matt’s directions (listed below my review) not the all trail directions and found the trailhead fairly easily. The logging road does split off a couple times, however ~ just stay to the right and you will find it. The trail was nicely maintained and there were only a few hikers out. The Siletz River has some pretty cascading falls as you drive along the logging road. The trees are beautiful but as I’m an avid hiker and Oregon adventurer, I think there are hundreds of better options for a day trip.

Long rugged road, all wheel drive and ground clearance recommended. Plan on an hour drive from Falls City, it’s relatively easy to find though. From Falls City take Bridge Street and essentially stay on the road from pavement to large gravel road to small single lane logging road. At the road marker “100” turn right and follow till you see the tiny brown road marker with “vog” for Valley if the Giants, it’s about .5 miles from the sign to the trailhead. Phenomenal short hike through pristine native forest. Definitely worth it.

Mon Jul 02 2018

I tried to get to this hike from 2 separate routes was unable to get to this trail. I attempted a logging road about milepost 10.5 or 11 on Highway 18 and the road simply disappeared and had to turn around. I then tried going all the way up Slick Rock Creek Rd until it turns into NF 1782 but met a locked gate and private property about 5 miles up. I will try some other routes at a later date and update this info when I do.

Sat Mar 31 2018

Beautiful

Sat Jan 06 2018

I make it a ritual to take in this brc and enjoy the silence and grand beauty of the VOG. A nice little hike for all members of the family. Respect the beauty of the forest and leave no trace.

Sun Jun 04 2017

Long drive for a short hike. Pretty but nothing really extraordinary.

scenic driving