Tunnel Ridge Trail

Tunnel Ridge Trail is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Jacksonville, Oregon and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

When you reach the sign that says Sterling Mine Trail System: Tunnel Ridge Trail 2km/1mi; Little Applegate Trailhead 8km/5mi; Bear Gulch Trailhead 5km/3mi, you are actually standing just about over the tunnel. If you take either trail a little further, you will reach the tunnel. The passage is clear but you will have to duck if you want to walk through it.

Beautiful at sunset!

Not bad. Probably better in spring time.

Nice challenging incline on the way up. The way down is quick and easy. The tunnel is pretty small and insignificant but still cool. My recording should say 1.9m, I forgot to turn it on until part way thru the hike.

Decent hike, the tunnel was smaller than I expected. Glad I did it, but probably won't do it again.

Not as kid friendly as I thought it should be. but they managed.

Quick trail to get you into the main trail system. It does go up to start but it's not that bad. I suspect that it'll be really dry and brown in late summer.

ALL UPHILL!!!

It is a lot up hill at first. But it is sooo Beautiful up there. The hole family did it and even our dog.

love this app...thanks for sharing all the wonderful
outdoor activity in our area.

Kid friendly!

The trail is an easy trail however it is all up hill. It does level off in a couple of spots. when you get to the top, there is signage showing the directions of the other trails, just turn left and head down a ways and the tunnel is on your right. you do have to crouch down to go through it though. Enjoy the hike and scenery, after all that is what you are out there for.

Wonderful hike it is steep starting out. The trail is nice and we'll cared for. Along the ditch beyond the tunnel is a flatter trail and easier hiking. went about a mile past the tunnel. The return trip is fast.

Was an easy fun hike. The trails can be confusing on which way to go at first, but you can figure it out. There's a ton of beautiful scenery. A lot of it is uphill so be prepared for that. On the way back at around 5 something we heard a loud noise like a log coming down the hill and saw movement and we think there was a bear behind us. Other then that it was fun and so worth it.

Steep 1 mile up to the tunnel, nice and even 3 or more to other nearby trailheads!