Tumalo Falls Loop

Tumalo Falls Loop is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bend, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Loop trail past Tumalo Falls, Doulble Falls, Upper Falls, North Fork Falls, and Spring Creek Falls. The viewpoint for Tumalo Falls is a few steps from the parking lot or a short trail to the top. The 89 foot fall along Tumalo Creek is one of the tallest and most beautiful waterfalls in Central Oregon. The area around the falls experienced a forest fire 25 years ago. The USFS has developed viewpoints both at the top and near the base of the falls making the views easy for everyone. Beyond Tumalo Falls you can continue along the river to Double Falls. Many people stop here and turn back around. If you continue on you will see 3-5 more waterfalls but you will have to ford the creek (unless you can find a fallen log to cross) After you ford the creek you will come across the Bend Watershed. There is no camping allowed inside the watershed.

We hiked this for the first time today. After completing about 2/3 of the trail with a “tromped path” in the snow, we turned around bc it was new to us and there were significantly fewer tracks...we’ll be back in the Spring!!!

I've never seen so many waterfalls in one hike before! I unfortunately did not get to complete the loop because I lost the trail in the snow 2/3 that way around the loop and had to turn around. Will return in the summer to complete!

awesome day!

Nice hike along the river past 10 or so waterfalls. A couple of the falls are great for photography if you're willing to haul the weight. The trail through the watershed needs some maintenance but wasn't bad. There is no bridge at the stream crossing near the turn around. A couple logs upstream will get you across.

The waterfalls along the first half of this hike are amazing. We had to cross the creek after getting on swampy lakes trail and it was almost waist high so just a bit of caution if you're doing the full loop.

Awesome hike! Although, I was so distracted by the views that I didn't make the loop (ran out of time). My hike went up North Fork Trail and back, but not quite to the next trail.

nice trail not to crowded.

Hiked this trail and really enjoyed it. The road to drive straight up to the falls is out currently. Which was fine cause we really wanted a great hike. There was still a little snow which made it even better. But it didn't effect the ability to hike. Mid week and mid day was a great time to go. Not very populated.

Two hiking paths. Two totally different views. Heavily trafficked. Family hike. Worth the drive.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

This was a very nice hike. If you're a seasoned hiker, it's fairly easy. For those who don't hike often or are not used to the altitude, I would say it's moderate. We did the whole loop, but the part coming back wasn't anything overly breathtaking. (You do get a bit of a "lost in the woods" feel on that part, and it's far less traveled. We literally didn't see a single person on the way back down.) I would recommend that you stay on the main trail going up and then turn around and take it back down. A very beautiful hike.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Well maintained. This trail takes you past waterfall after waterfall! We have an eight year old and a ten year old and they did great!

Friday, June 28, 2013

I loved this hike. beautiful waterfalls, however it is not 5.7 miles. It is 8.3 miles and you can't have your dog on a chunk of it.