Tumalo Creek Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bend, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

High altitude trail. First half rocky. Second half mostly loose dirt.

It's the closest trail to my house, so it's my go-to whenever I need my "nature fix".

great easy walking path, really fun if you want to enjoy the fall colors. however, reiterating what others have said - this trail does NOT take you to the Tumalo Falls.

This trail is basically a walk through Shevlin Park. Still very nice!

Great trail for walking, running, biking, picnicking. Mostly nestled along the water, and surrounded by trees. Tons of butterflies and little critters, and not as many people as I was expecting to see.

My only disappointment is that hike does NOT, I repeat, does NOT lead to a waterfall. After asking a few people I came across, it sounds like the waterfall is a few miles past the end of the trail. Still a great experience though!

Nice easy trail. Beautiful views.

The loop is more like 5.5 miles

Great hike! Three waterfalls within the first mile or so. Bring mosquito repellant!

Loved the trail. Well tended. Scenery lovely.
Only downside was that a forest fire had ravaged the area decades ago: (darn those poorly smothered campfires).
But Reforestation, the beauty of the Tumalo Falls, creek restoration, the people, (well handled by their canines)
and light mosquito protection (light clothing) made our hike great.
Waltz

Hike was okay, nothing spectacular.

Really good, clean, mostly flat trail. Great first hike getting back into the swing of things. Well travelled. We went in the afternoon and many people were on the trail.

Easy peasy

Nature is so beautiful on this trail! We hiked up to the falls and higher up got to hike in the snow! Lower trail next just fresh air and scenery. Very family friendly, parking not great fills up fast a lot of cars parking on road and instead. Very happy pets on trails too!

I have done this trail three times!! Beautiful ending but the scenery is not the best in Bend during the hike.

I went during the winter/snow time so the road was closed. The majority of the hike is on a pretty wide road, took both my german shepherds off leash the entire hike (they are very friendly). Easy hike, defiantly family friendly.

Absolutely stunning. The falls did not disappoint.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I have to start with the aroma! It's a wonderful sweet smell comparable to fine fragrance. I wish I could bottle it up. It's a Beautiful maintained trail along side the creek. Cute benches and picnic tables here and there. Feels a bit magical in some areas

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Loves this hike!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

We drove right to the falls after reading the reviews from this trail. There are several trails you can choose from once you reach the parking area... keep in mind it is $5 to park within the marked parking area! Tumalo Falls was gorgeous. Trails to the top overlooking the falls are breathtaking and you can even hike down to the waterfall itself and be underneath it. The hike down to the falls can get a bit narrow at times, so watch your step and take your time. Even if you don't hike all the way down, there are still some great views along this trail. Great day spent hiking in the Tumalo Creek area for all ages. We definitely recommend!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

There is much more to this trail system above Bend. Do some additional research and it will make it even a more fulfilling hike.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

A very nice trail amongst a network of many trails. Great to do with kids (we didn't do it with kids, but saw lots of families). Lots of little places to stop along the river, picnic benches scattered throughout. A great area to picnic. The "hard" part would be at the very end where the trail narrows and gets steeper. Not hard for hikers. But it would be hard for mountain bikers. It was a very enjoyable trail very close to bend.

Thursday, April 06, 2017

this was a lovely trail. nothing difficult about it. flat and well maintained. the hike rooms along the Tumalo Creek. I love hearing the sound of rushing water on a hike. a great trail for running. didn't make it to the falls because we had a time limit.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Good trail. Well marked. Lots to see. Worth the drive out to it if you're visiting the area.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Not really sure why it's rated difficult but it was a good afternoon stroll if you want something pretty but won't make your legs feel like jello. No significant elevation gains or anything, no need for heavy gear

Monday, August 08, 2016

Green changing scenery with a beautiful waterfall at the end. My favorite part was the hike down to the water fall. But be careful! A little steep, slippery, and rocky. Very enchanting.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Great hike. Kind of disappointed the hike starts at the falls but enjoyed being out there anyway. Would enjoy coming back for sure.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Nice, fairly flat hike, pretty views along the river with a beautiful reward at the end!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I wouldn't say it was hard but it's a nice out and back

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nice casual trail along the river. Not super scenic on the trail side, but overall a nice hike. The falls were really nice however.

Monday, March 17, 2014

My first time in Oregon and it definitely wont be the last! I wish i had more time to hike because i never got to see the Tumalo falls which i highly recommend you go see because the pictures look amazing. However this trail is very easy and follows tight to Tumalo creek. The water is running at a nice pace and there are many bridges and and loop trails off of this trail. You can walk up on the bank or along the creek , I recommend taking one way to the end and the other way back because they both have some great views. When your up on the bank you can see the year round christmas tree!