Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Tualatin River Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tualatin, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Loop

stroller friendly

partially paved

Please note: this trail is reportedly closed about one mile in.

what a fun trail! Took ourselves, 12 yr old, 2.5 yr old, and 1 yr old on this trail. we had our stroller and the majority of the trail we took (off SW 108th Ave & SW Tualatin Dr) to Cook Park was very easy. The decline to the trail is very steep so keep this in mind. Crossed paths with loads of super friendly locals and visitors. Very green but the trail we took was more green belt behind some homes vs forest. still worth it!

what a wonderful ride. we started out behind Cabela's in tualatin and rode to the West end of cook park. there's great paved and some dirt trails that are great for beginners. if you do some sightseeing and go off the main trail you can put in over 5 miles. it was wonderful to see so many families out enjoying the sun, kids out trying to catch butterflies, and all of the kayakers. this is a great any day hike or ride.

Mostly paved trail along river connecting a few parks w/ different amenities like playing fields, off leash dog parks, playground, picnic areas, boat launch. Would be nice for dog walking, strollering, kids bike rides. Probably more scenic in Spring/Summer when it is greener especially the butterfly garden in Cooks Park. There is a dirt path most of the way along the river for a more ‘surrounded by nature’ feel,

Took four kids that really enjoyed this trail even though it was cut short being closed.

Trail closed about 1mile in at cook park0

Perfect for me. I recently lost 40 pounds but still have another 80 or so to lose so needless to say walking is painful for me. But this trail was perfect! I had no problems I had no struggles and there was so much to see. I’m from California so my area has beaches and doesn’t have forestry walks like this so I was in heaven. I will definitely make this my walk when I visit next time.

Nice little walk on a paved path along the river. Mostly flat except for a good but short incline from parking at the end of the street. It’s dog friendly and lots of shaded areas. You can also go kayaking or paddle boarding on the fairly slow moving current.

Found the dirt path that ran alongside much of the cement path. Lots of activities and views of the river.

Community park to Stafford Road

Great family hike along the river!!!

paddle sports

kayaking today. current was light a bit busy but still a nice trip.

Tue Feb 19 2019

Great dog friendly intercity trail that follows the river. Currently the trail is flooded out at mile .5

Mon Sep 03 2018

Had a nice walk, not very well marked. Made my own loop.

Wed Aug 22 2018

Green and lush. Easy and lots of off shoots to explore.

Sun Jun 03 2018

Very nice walk

Mon Jan 15 2018

It was nice. Super super easy. Couple good stops to watch the river. Bathroom just a little shy of half way. Good city hike. It’s paved almost the whole way.

Sat Oct 28 2017

Beautiful and easy family trail.

Thu Oct 05 2017

Beautiful. Lots of nature sounds, mostly cool, easy but not too easy. Wish it got closer to the river. Wish I’d known it was mostly up on the way back. Next time we’ll park at Cook Park and start and end there.

Thu Aug 31 2017

Love this trail!

Sun Jul 23 2017

Easy walk.

Thu Jul 06 2017

I always forget to put the tracker on..... this was a cute and easy flat hike aside from the hill when you first start. Only a few open fields that were super sunny. I like the off trail path for our kid because you could see the water and stay in the shade. there was a surprise park about a mile or so in w a playground and open bathrooms. 4 stars for not having soap in the bathrooms but other than that it was great. Next time i want to try alone so i can do the whole loop and leave a better comment

Wed Jun 07 2017

Easy, flat walk - great for kids.

Wed Jun 07 2017

Easy, flat walk - great for kids.

Mon May 29 2017

Sun May 07 2017

nice easy trail

Fri Jul 29 2016

nice walk near the river

Mon Jul 25 2016

Very easy nice stroll

Sat Aug 01 2015

Walked from Cook Park (on the north side of the river) west to the end of the trail at 108th ave. Not much to see. Can't even see the river most of the time. And then back east to Durham Park off Boones Ferry. Very crowded in the Summer. Not sure why this trail doesn't show up on the map.

Wed Jan 29 2014

This was my first time using all trails. I guess I should of researched a bit more since I was surprised to spend nearly the entire time on sidewalks and a significant time on busy streets. However the entire route was safe and doable for my dog and I so thank you!

Wed Mar 30 2011

Kera (my b.f.f ) and i went to the Tualatin River the kayaking together it was so awesome that we walked the trail and then started kayaking which made us so happy that we stayed there for 2 hours the only thing bad was that the water was freezing that day and so was the air ...karry