Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop

Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 541 feet Route Type: Loop

Over three bridges and through the woods, this trail through the lush urban preserve is just minutes away from downtown Portland. This gem of a park offers various trails, including this loop which allows one to enjoy a several mile trail through the moss covered Pacific Northwest rainforest. Because of the ample free parking and great nature center, this park is very popular among locals for exercise, trail running, and nature walks.

This was more of a nature walk than hike. Nice area. Kids enjoyed it.

the most challenging part of the hike is from the 322ft. to the 541ft. level. steep angle but worth it. Good views.

recorded Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop

So I would start by saying this is not an *easy* trail. I’d call it more moderate. Some steep inclines/declines made it extra challenging. I grabbed a map from the nature center when I got there and still managed to get turned around / lost up near the Lewis and Clark connector. The names of the trails on the paper map don’t match all the names on this app. And also don’t match what the markers say. I did about the top half of this hike when I received a severe weather alert on my phone that in 40 mins there’d be a string of bad thunderstorms. I tried to still do the bottom half of the loop but cut it short, and ended up on beaver trail (which doesn’t even show on this map) over to old main back to the nature center. As soon as I got to my car it started raining and thundering. Overall, I liked this hike, and even if you get lost, you’re not really lost per se. it’s all pretty contained. I would do this again with more time and using the AllTrails app as my location if I am unsure (I learned about this fun trick after I finished my hike). There was also a tree down towards the top of Lewis and Clark trail that I had to climb over. I’m about 5’2” and I could just make it over.

Fairly easy Lots of bridges! Fun area to explore

moderate hike that is baby carrier friendly. had to stop a but to make sure we were on the right trail but used the all trails app to guide us through. pretty crowded but it is labor day.

It was a good secluded hike in the back. Watch out for horse droppings but my dog left them alone. Good trail will bring the hubs back

Fun, easy hike!

expect crowds but otherwise great inner city hiking and trails in great shape!

I would rate this trail as moderate because the hills are pretty steep for someone looking to do an easy trail. Start the trail to the left of the nature center and you’ll be going uphill, start it to the right and you’ll be going downhill. Well-maintained trails that are usually wide enough for passing, and 3 small bridges going over the creek that runs through this forested area. Great for dogs, too! We cut the northern loop from our hike just because of heat, but would definitely include it in the future. 2.6 miles this way.

This. Is. Not. Easy. if you’re starting from scratch.. however it is absolutely beautiful!

first time here, great run, will be back!

it was a good hike. heavily trafficked but depending what trail you're on it wasnt crowded at all.

Great hike for kids.

I wanted a good workout and didn’t want to deal with the gym, so this popular set of trails seemed to be exactly what I was looking for: not too far from home, a decent amount of people around, dog friendly, able to have continual cell reception, distance more than 3 miles, rolling terrain with some challenges, and a fair amount of shade because it’s a bit hot out today. It did not disappoint! I accidentally took the wrong trail in a couple of spots but it was easy to backtrack and get back where I needed to be. You could easily add extra mileage to your workout by jumping onto one of the crossing trails and reconnecting to this loop as there are many opportunities to do so. The trail is well-maintained with only a handful of spots where it narrowed because of vegetation or fallen trees. It was green, smelled wonderful, and there were lots of little critters: squirrels, birds, and bunnies. There were some nice hills for a challenge. This route takes you down into the canyon or ravine, across the creek a few times, up the back side, and criss crosses down again. There’s a suspension bridge and a few places where stairs are built into the hill. You join up and spend some time on the Equestrian Trail for a bit, so be aware that you will encounter horse poo. I saw 10 people on my jog, so it was well-traveled, but nothing crowded, which was interesting because the parking lot was completely full when I got there. All the dogs I encountered were leashed. This is a great spot for a nature walk or for after-work workouts. The park is open until 9pm and they do have cameras in the parking area, so it feels safe. Wanted to add a note that my gps and my AllTrails map tracks this particular trail at 3.7 miles, which is very slightly longer than the description states.

Great park. Pretty busy on a Sunday morning. I can't believe that I never knew it was here.

Great for younger kids. Mine have 6 years between them and they both enjoyed the trails. A great place down by the reservoir to picnic. Beautiful views.

My first time here was great. Nice trails and was not busy at all! Guessing because I was there on a Tuesday at 10am. The park ranger was the only downside. She was on her cell taking a personal call. Patiently waited for her to hang up once she did I asked her where the trail head was for a certain route she pointed to a sign and said “there’s a map over there” and then walked away like it was a bother.

Wow what a workout! Lots of level change and a challenge for people who wanna start increasing their distance great run!

Loved it! But I wouldn't say it was "easy" it was a good hike though, definitely will do this again and bring some friends.

Tryon Creek is a beautiful park! Was a little muddy when I went but it had just rained so I was prepared for that. Saw tons of cute little snails, birds and squirrels. There were tons of different trails so kind of east to get lost but if you have a map you should be fine. Overall great hike! :)

Love this park. Excellent trails and the staff at the nature center are great.

This trail is great for an afternoon out with the dog

Despite the parking lot being completely full, I had a secluded hike crossing paths with only 3 people. This is a beautiful trail. There are some stairs at bridge crossings; see pics for example.

Forested creekside day hike that’s close to the city. Intermittent elevation gains that raise the heart rate, but generally easy. Easy to get off trail due to multiple confusing intersections, but we enjoyed the detours. Horseback riders on some trails enriched the experience (and the soil). I’ll definitely go back and check out other trails.

It’s an urban trail, so take that into account when going here. It can be crowded, but it is a slice of beauty tucked in among a few surrounding neighborhoods. Trails are well maintained, clean, and a friendly staff in the welcome center. Visit the adjoining Tryon Life Community Farm in the spring and perhaps see baby goats!