Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop

Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 541 feet Route Type: Loop

Over three bridges and through the woods, this trail through the lush urban preserve is just minutes away from downtown Portland. This gem of a park offers various trails, including this loop which allows one to enjoy a several mile trail through the moss covered Pacific Northwest rainforest. Because of the ample free parking and great nature center, this park is very popular among locals for exercise, trail running, and nature walks.

it was a good hike. heavily trafficked but depending what trail you're on it wasnt crowded at all.

Great hike for kids.

I wanted a good workout and didn’t want to deal with the gym, so this popular set of trails seemed to be exactly what I was looking for: not too far from home, a decent amount of people around, dog friendly, able to have continual cell reception, distance more than 3 miles, rolling terrain with some challenges, and a fair amount of shade because it’s a bit hot out today. It did not disappoint! I accidentally took the wrong trail in a couple of spots but it was easy to backtrack and get back where I needed to be. You could easily add extra mileage to your workout by jumping onto one of the crossing trails and reconnecting to this loop as there are many opportunities to do so. The trail is well-maintained with only a handful of spots where it narrowed because of vegetation or fallen trees. It was green, smelled wonderful, and there were lots of little critters: squirrels, birds, and bunnies. There were some nice hills for a challenge. This route takes you down into the canyon or ravine, across the creek a few times, up the back side, and criss crosses down again. There’s a suspension bridge and a few places where stairs are built into the hill. You join up and spend some time on the Equestrian Trail for a bit, so be aware that you will encounter horse poo. I saw 10 people on my jog, so it was well-traveled, but nothing crowded, which was interesting because the parking lot was completely full when I got there. All the dogs I encountered were leashed. This is a great spot for a nature walk or for after-work workouts. The park is open until 9pm and they do have cameras in the parking area, so it feels safe.

Great park. Pretty busy on a Sunday morning. I can't believe that I never knew it was here.

Great for younger kids. Mine have 6 years between them and they both enjoyed the trails. A great place down by the reservoir to picnic. Beautiful views.

My first time here was great. Nice trails and was not busy at all! Guessing because I was there on a Tuesday at 10am. The park ranger was the only downside. She was on her cell taking a personal call. Patiently waited for her to hang up once she did I asked her where the trail head was for a certain route she pointed to a sign and said “there’s a map over there” and then walked away like it was a bother.

Loved it! But I wouldn't say it was "easy" it was a good hike though, definitely will do this again and bring some friends.

Tryon Creek is a beautiful park! Was a little muddy when I went but it had just rained so I was prepared for that. Saw tons of cute little snails, birds and squirrels. There were tons of different trails so kind of east to get lost but if you have a map you should be fine. Overall great hike! :)

Love this park. Excellent trails and the staff at the nature center are great.

This trail is great for an afternoon out with the dog

Despite the parking lot being completely full, I had a secluded hike crossing paths with only 3 people. This is a beautiful trail. There are some stairs at bridge crossings; see pics for example.

Forested creekside day hike that’s close to the city. Intermittent elevation gains that raise the heart rate, but generally easy. Easy to get off trail due to multiple confusing intersections, but we enjoyed the detours. Horseback riders on some trails enriched the experience (and the soil). I’ll definitely go back and check out other trails.

It’s an urban trail, so take that into account when going here. It can be crowded, but it is a slice of beauty tucked in among a few surrounding neighborhoods. Trails are well maintained, clean, and a friendly staff in the welcome center. Visit the adjoining Tryon Life Community Farm in the spring and perhaps see baby goats!

nice trail but a little muddy today

only distraction were the many man hole covers

Great trail and very pretty!

Great trail if you’re looking for a bit of a longer hike, it gives you time to appreciate the beauty of the forest. I recommend familiarizing your self with the trail names as it can be a bit confusing on which way to travel to stay on trail

Thursday, 1/17/19 Arrived at 12:30pm and a school bus was leaving (thankfully). Overall, it was crowded. My dog and I ran into 5 other dogs and 10-15 people altogether. Everyone was very friendly, but the trail is narrow and steep in lots of locations, so be mindful of Fido and the leash rule. Some muddiness, as to be expected. One bridge was out and atop the

It was so nice to get a solo hike in after work. Leisurely photography stroll, good for the soul.

Nice trail with some decent incline here and there. Plenty of options if you want to switch it up.

For being within 20 minutes of downtown Portland, this is a really lovely area. A friend and I went around Thanksgiving time, and trails were not too slippery or muddy. We went counter-clockwise starting from the horse parking area, and found there to be quite a bit of uphill waking that might be challenging for children or some seniors. Most of the people we encountered were going in the opposite direction so maybe it’s easier to start that way. Either way, it was a nice quick hike and it’s a convenient and beautiful forest.

There really isn’t a waterfall. It was cool to see the suspension bridge. If you’re going definitely go on the Lewis and Clark trail.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Awesome close in trails from Portland. Beautiful scenery and not crowded during the week. Lots of little bridges and moderate inclines. Took about 1.25 hours to do this loop.

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I didn’t have a lot of time so I had a route and I wanted to stick to it. I spent a lot of time looking at my phone to make sure I was on the right path (I wasn’t a few times). Lots of beautiful trails to explore and definitely a nice quiet hike close to town. Personally there were just too many cris-crossing trails. Would still recommend.