Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(425)
Tryon Creek State Natural Area

Tryon Creek Triple Bridge Loop [CLOSED] is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 541 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

Note: This trail is currently closed due to COVID-19. Over three bridges and through the woods, this trail through the lush urban preserve is just minutes away from downtown Portland. This gem of a park offers various trails, including this loop which allows one to enjoy a several mile trail through the moss covered Pacific Northwest rainforest. Because of the ample free parking and great nature center, this park is very popular among locals for exercise, trail running, and nature walks.

Great trail , a bit confusing but worth it ! Beautiful views along the way .

Went a couple of months ago. Nice walk that is not strenuous at all. Fun that you can make your own paths and zig-zag through the whole park.

closed

Fairly easy trail. Well maintained. Good for walking or running. Dog friendly. The scenery at Tryon Creek is pretty uniform across the park, but beautiful if you love the forest. There are also many other trails nearby. Tryon Creek is currently closed due to COVID.

closed

Lots of cool little bridges to cross. Don't skip the Lewis and Clark loop! That's where the coolest bridge of all is. It's a green suspension bridge! Great local hike!!!

Nice, quick and easy! Very pretty!

The pups and I Kinda meandered and did our own thing at Tryon creek, really nice at first but I took a wrong turn and ended up walking up the path that hugs Terwilliger at the end. Much less pleasant but it’s my fault for refusing to follow a map.

Very muddy, not a lot of people though it was nice.

Great trail. We got rained on, and some muddy areas but it was a nice trail. Not too difficult.

It was good trail for beginners. Hilly but not super taxing.

Tryon Creek State Park is a beautiful sanctuary. Moss covered trees, little streams, up & down trails.

Very good all around hike

Screaming children everywhere but otherwise a nice place for a quick hike

Trails in pretty good shape, especially considering all the rain we’ve had this winter. This is always a great hike to be able to get out and do a few miles when you don’t want to get into the thick of it. Lots of options with side trails.

Great trails! Pretty scenery with many bridges. Dog friendly!

I was looking for a good hike that wouldn’t be too muddy because of how much it’s been raining lately. This was perfect! It was a little muddy but perfectly fine to walk on. The temperature was perfect, if cloudy. It’s always busy at the bottom but once you have a mile in, there’s more privacy.

This trail is awesome. We will be back for sure. It was a tad muddy but doable in tennis shoes. Mostly the more muddy spots you can walk off to the side of it. The blue train on the map is asphalt and the others are off road. There are slightly small rocks on some spots that help with traction but even though it was a little muddy we had only 1 slip out of 4 people and it was our youngest, the three year old. I highly recommend these trails. We came for the suspension bridge primarily and that was disappointing. not as High or as long as it seemed in the picture.

It was so beautiful! All of the moss and little creeks and so many pathways to take. There was also this cool sustainable farm that I explored to the side. I recommend this for a good trail jogging or quick day hike. Oh, and my dog loved it. Especially the muddy pathways.

Honestly was such a nice hike. It was short but effective. It was a lot of up hill, some cool bridges, a little confusing but fun! Very dog friendly as well!

I enjoyed this hike. They also have multiple trails for different distances. The lady inside highlights the trail you would like to conquer. I did use the paper map and AllTrails gps to verify where i was and to see if i wanted to do an additional trail. I did get a little confused, but it’s not hard to get back on track. I will do it again! Muddy, but not drastic. Shoes had mud on them and some on my pants. I been in muddier places.

This was a nice moderate trail. Some of the paths aren't very well marked, so I recommend having the GPS feature on AllTrails available if you don't want to miss your turn. We missed a couple turns on this path and will have to go again to do it properly. :-P As previous reviewers recommended, we got the map from the information center. The lady there was very helpful and suggested starting the loop going North. The mud wasn't terrible. We never lost our footing, but it was definitely on our shoes and pants.

Was a bit tough for my 3.5 year old with the up & down hills. &a tad challenging for a fella that doesn't exercise often. *Easy city trail.