Triple C Trail to Gales Creek Trail Loop

Triple C Trail to Gales Creek Trail Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Timber, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I had this trail all to myself.

Backpacked our 8 month old on this trail nice easy walk. The trees that arch over the trail are very pretty and great for family photos.

Only saw one other group. The river is nice to walk next to. I would certainly do the hike again with the close proximity to Portland, just nothing super special.

Quiet, close hike close to home

Monday, August 14, 2017

Perfect hike for our 7 and 9 year old. Got almost to the end before whines of "I'm tiiirrrreeed" begun.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pleasant. Very peaceful/quiet on a weekend afternoon. Nothing special about the views.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Very swampy in two locations. (Well, I guess it was February) Not quite "pull your boots off" muskeg, but it can get grippy. Other places it is very "bushy" around the calves, sort of like an over-grown single-track bike trail. Not too bad, though, and is not too steep... Gets you around ok, esp if you are older...

Tuesday, July 04, 2017