Triangulation Peak and Boca Cave Trail

Triangulation Peak and Boca Cave Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breitenbush, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

An easy hike with fantastic views of Mt. Jefferson and a little know gem of a cave that frames the mountain in the distance.

I bet it's beautiful! Tried to hike this a week ago and it's closed off due to a fire a few months back. If you try to attempt it, you'll only get about a quarter mile in before you're completely blocked. Not worth attempting it until they reopen it. It's a trek to get there too so just wait. Hopefully this will open in the sprig because I bet the views are amazing!

According to the USFS website, portions of Triangulation Trail is closed due to an active fire burning in the area.

Great hike, pretty easy until the last 0.8 miles when you start some switchbacks. Bushes are overgrown onto the trail wish I would have worn pants. The views we phenomenal!

Great hike. Started at 3 pm on Monday and finished about 7pm. Pretty easy hike until just before the peak then it is an uphill climb but its nothing too crazy. Had my dog with me and she was off leash she did perfectly ok and because there was no one on the trail I let her roam. Getting to the cave was little less than easy because it's not an up kept trail but it is managable. Overall great trail, beautiful scenery, and easy hike.

Got to the trailhead about 8am yesterday. (Saturday) Hiked to the peak first and met a couple of campers who told us how to get to the cave. The trail is pretty moderate and flat until you get to the sign for the peak and loop trail. Stay to the right to get to the peak. Before you get to the peak there's a trafficked trail that goes off to the right. That's how you get to the cave. A little ways up the cave trail there's a small 3 ft part of a broken tree with a pink ribbon. Turn right there and keep going down a steep down hill slope about 1/4 of a mile and it'll loop around to the cave. It's a little hard to find if you don't know where to go but so worth it!

Nice hike. Beautiful view! Went up yesterday, started at 10 am and saw a total of 15 other people on the trail. At the peak we climbed the tallest rock and ate lunch on the top. Amazing view of Jefferson, South Sister, Three Fingered Jack and Hood! The trail to Boca Cave was pointed out to us by another hiker. I'm not sure I would have found it on my own. The cool cave was perfect after the hike up to the peak! Saw a lot of huckleberries setting. I'll definitely return when they ripen.

We had a great hike to the summit and to the cave. Such a perfect day for the hike and there were no other people up there.

Couldn't do this hike again because of the snow blocking the road. Maybe in a few more weeks it will be cleared!