Learn more

Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,194 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

hot springs

bridge out

fee

A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

40 minutes ago

Went last year for all ten falls and it was way worth it !! Took a teenager with me and he did a great job !

This is definitely not 7 miles! It was 11.7 miles, but it’s so flat it goes by like a breeze! Only took close to four hours. I took two boys I watch along are both under 10 and they did great since we’ve been working on it! Definitely a beautiful hike and not too challenging!

fee

A beautiful and well kept trail with very manageable elevation gains. People of just about any skill level and age should be able to walk this trail without much concern. The total distance I traveled was 11 miles which included small detours for good photos in approved side trails. The bathroom facilities are nice.

fee

Following this path is actually a little over 9 miles, as a heads up. Parking is $5. Lots of beautiful falls, really only the first few falls are busy, once you are 3 or 4 miles in it’s not nearly as crowded.

great!

This hike is out of this world. It is like a shotgun blast of waterfalls. I found the hike to be a bit longer than estimated as some of the falls require you double back to do the loop. It was fairly manageable and I only found a few areas to be very strenuous.

super fun hike, get to see lots of waterfalls and pretty views. it’s the perfect length for a day trip.

Easily one of the prettiest hikes I’ve done. I’m not much of a hiker but there was so much to distract me while being on the trail. Lots to look at and surrounded by beauty. I looked at reviews prior to going out and didn’t see anything regarding COVID-19 on here so it needed to be mentioned. Signs are posted about 6ft distance at the trailhead which is great but no one was wearing masks while on the trail today. It is tough to maintain a 6ft distance when passing on the trail so be aware of this. I ended up turning my back towards everyone who would walk by. I think we ended up passing only 4 people who had masks on.

One of the prettiest hikes I’ve ever done!! First time to Oregon didn’t disappoint. The trail should be called trail of ten falls (and then some)!! Hiking behind the falls was amazing. A little crowded at some but we did the whole loop and there was not too much traffic. Highly recommend!!

Great trail. There are plenty of waterfalls along the way. There are ten but I lost track of how many I actually saw. There are many opportunities to walk behind the waterfalls. Paths are well maintained and easy to walk on. This trail seems to be family friendly.

Nice trail that is a relatively easy hike. A couple steep inclines and declines depending on which direction you take. Getting there early (before 10am) would be recommended especially on the weekend as it was very crowded by the time we left. We did the entire loop and saw all the waterfalls. About a mile in by each parking lot was packed with people (we hiked July 3rd) but petered out the farther you went. Very beautiful waterfalls. Though a few are hidden back a bit though you can still see them through the trees. Would recommend getting an early start and packing your patience for around the falls by the parking lots. Overall this reminded me of a long nature walk. With all the off shoots it was 8.83mi (recorded with Apple Watch) and it took 4.5 hours with a lunch break and myself taking photos with my camera at the falls. Only giving 4 stars because of the crowds. It was frustrating but with COVID everyone was spaced out and this made things slow.

Perfect day for a hike. Im so glad we arrived early as the parking lot was full when we were leaving around 1 PM.

The best hike of my life.

Spectacular waterfalls! We arrived early in the morning (7:30) and parked in the South day use area. Plenty of parking. Not many people were on the trail until 10 AM or so. Definitely recommend layering (it was chilly at the beginning of our hike). One of the prettiest trails we have ever been on! Will definitely return and try to camp in the park someday.

beautiful trail. took about 5 hours with plenty of stops, rest and picture taking. the full trail might be a bit challenging, but worth it!

great trail, just wish someone had mentioned pets werent allowed on the trails. great views of the waterfalls and this location is very popular and therefore crowded.

Very beautiful trail my only complaint would be that it had extremely high traffic. If you are looking for a beautiful get away, away from people this is not the trail for you. Other than that the falls were stunning and the nature was beautiful.

My first time on this trail and I went earlier. I was actually the first car there I started at the South side. Parking was five bucks and the kiosk only took cards not cash. Bathroom were clean make sure you go before starting. I did the entire loop. Every time I thought I was ready to give up there was another beautiful waterfall to invigorate me to continue the journey. Please download the map to your phone because you will lose reception. I’m grateful for the kind people who help me along the way. Apparently most people on the trail were new too. Just stay on Canyon trail if waterfall are what you came to see. Overall great trail but the signs can be confusing, rocky and muddy in some areas. I would definitely recommend. Just take your time and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings.

Started around 9:30am on July 4th weekend. South falls had plenty of parking and north falls had around 10 spots left. The trail was easy with minimal elevation. Waterfall views are great but the rest of the trail was just okay and it's very crowded so 4/5. Most people wearing masks when passing others on the trail. I followed others' advice to go counterclockwise. Saw only a few hikers for the first 3-4 miles and then the last 3-4 miles was jam packed. Recommend to get there early to avoid crowds.

Fun trail with the family. The waterfalls were a treat! Please practice good trail etiquette. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Happy hiking!

started at 9 am on Wednesday and there were only a handful of other cars in the lot. We hiked this counterclockwise to get the boring parts out of the way first and to save the best for last (the best way to do this hike, I think). Walked under 4 waterfalls and this was definitely the best hike we did in Oregon so far.

fee

$5 a day for parking if you don’t have a pass. Beautiful hike, that goes behind three waterfalls. We got there right at 7 and there was no one there. When we finished, it was pretty busy, people circling for parking and this was a Monday. We did it counter clockwise, which gives you more time down hill, but a pretty good climb at the end. Trail is actually 8.7 miles.

Went earlier today (Saturday) and completed the entire loop to see all 10 falls. Got to the South day use parking lot around 945 AM and there was still plenty of parking left- the majority of the area right near the trailhead was full but plenty of parking spots open just a walk away in the same lot. The lot is pretty big. It took us about 4 hours including stopping for lunch and enjoying the falls. We finished around 1:45 PM and the lot was completely full with cars driving slowly hoping to catch a spot. (If you’re considering starting at another point, North Falls parking area is small and was completely full at 945 AM; winter falls trailhead is also a small parking area but there were 1-2 spots open at 945 AM). We went counterclockwise toward the right heading toward North Falls first. More people seemed to start the other way going toward South Falls first. We had the trail pretty much to ourselves going toward the right to North Falls. The first 2 miles going to North Falls is pretty uneventful. I’d rather start this way to get the “boring” part out of the way and end with the stunning South Falls which is very close to the parking area where you start/end. Certain parts are steep for a short distance but it’s mostly level. There were some muddy areas but very manageable. For 2 of the falls, you’ll need to go in/out and back onto the main trail to continue (Upper North Falls & Winter Falls), both worth the in/out and very short distances off the main loop to see them. There’s no trash bins along the trail. Bring a bag for garbage and toss it in the big blue garbage bin in the parking lot when you leave. You have to wear a mask to enter the gift shop. They have some available for you there if you don’t have a mask. They also sell hand sanitizer there for $2,50 each for a small travel size bottle. Enjoy!

Hiked this trail with my kids. We got there early to beat the crowd. Arrived a little after 7am and felt like we mostly had the trail to ourselves until the very end. Gorgeous, lush, and very green. Loved all of the ferns, trees, and river. The waterfalls were beautiful and being able to walk behind some of them was awesome.

Obviously a heavily trafficked trail but if you love waterfalls it's a must. Fortunately, after the first 2 falls most people turn around and head back to the parking lot so the entire trail isn't as pack as it initially seems. Several of these falls you can walk behind and underneath and it almost feels surreal. Very cool to have a trail connect so many amazing waterfalls.