Trail of Ten Falls

Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,194 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

hot springs

bridge out

A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

very good place beautiful

Great hike. Not too hard & not too easy. Like the cut over at Winter Falls. Next time may take longer path.

We recorded this 7.1 mile hike as 9.5 miles!!! We were impressed by how many trails led us behind falls! The trails were well maintained and were fairly wide with stairs aptly placed. We would definitely hike this again!

You have to pay $5 to park and the lot fills up really fast. The falls were not as big the last time we were there. I know some people have a hard time with cutting down trees, but there are some trees that need to be cut so pictures can be taken of the waterfalls. There were tons of people there due to some sponsored activities going on in the park. I enjoyed it but not as much as I did a few years ago in late June. My six year old loved going behind the waterfalls and climbing on the rocks.

This hike is definitely over 7.1 miles, we got over 9 miles when it was all said and done. Very well maintained and nice to go in the the early evening as there wasn't very many people.

Great loops of all the waterfalls. Be careful at twin falls. I went off trail at the end of the waterfall area. I was curious! Whoops.

great trail! AllTrails is far from accurate, though. even signs at the park say 8.7 miles. our phone tracked over 11, which may be too high. we did walk down to Winter Falls.

Great loop for the summer. Well kept and great views of creek and falls.

Great trail but on the easier side of moderate. Very crowded so be prepared for that.

My husband and I love waterfalls so this was perfect for us! My Apple Watch said we did 8.7 miles all together so a bit more than what this app says. Had a great time and would highly recommend this hike!

Hiked this today, did all 10 falls. Great shaded hike with minimal crowds if you get there early. Winter falls wasn’t worth the extra side hike, it was a trickle.

Awesome hike with behind the falls trails, great views of the falls, river and wildlife.

There’s really only one trail allows dogs. It’s sad how many no-dogs allowed signs are posted everywhere. You cant take dogs close enough to see any of the waterfalls and the only trail they’re allowed on is not very dog friendly, since most people there are touristy. There was enough people that were scared of dogs to make it difficult to enjoy the trail. It’s really just a place for people to park and walk to the waterfalls, and not great for hikers looking to spend a nice day in the woods. The trail was super busy and the entry to the south falls was packed.

Do not miss this one! This is one of the best hikes we've done, in terms of a rewarding experience. You get to view, touch, go above, under and behind these beautiful water falls, its a very unique experience. Definitely pack lots of water though!

One of the best hikes Oregon has to offer. Well maintained and beautiful.

Beautiful waterfalls. Arrived June 2 at 11:11am. Crowds were not terrible, large groups at the first fall but as you went back, there weren’t too many people. The waterfalls are incredible, if you are going to all of them, it will be an adventure for sure. Don’t listen to other reviewers saying it’s only 7 miles, they must have missed some. I nearly hiked 10 miles (with some exploring done as well) Very shady and the path is very easy to follow and it very maintained. No cell service which felt incredible!

I’ve been twice and it doesn’t disappoint! I traveled counter clockwise both times as most of the falls are in the second half of the hike. If you want to see a handful of falls only, consider starting clockwise and making it an out and back hiking experience. The first time, I went with my teenagers and it was a LONG day for their temperaments. I was committed to taking every side trail to see all 10 Falls and it was too much for them. The second time I went with several girlfriends and it was delightful as everyone was excited to see as many as possible.

Gorgeous waterfalls. Trail goes behind/In back of a couple of them. Very well maintained trails. Nice bathroom at trailhead only. It rained during our hike... crisp and clean... beautiful. Cute lodge at the trail head....We had a latte and hot chocolate by the huge fire after our hike..it was lovely.

Great, fun easy-moderate hike. We got there about 10-10:30 and the parking lot had about a dozen cars. Had the trail to ourselves most of the day. For those where distance matters, the park states the loop is 8.7 miles. My app was closer to the 8.7 than the 7.1 posted here.

Loved it! Definitely recommend getting there before 9 to avoid the crowds. Started around nine and only about 5-7 cars in the lot When I finished the WHOLE lot was full and there was crazy amounts of people. But beautiful and fun trail!

Easy hike, even though it is long. The elevation change is not bad at all, and the views are fantastic!

Good day hike trail to see 10 waterfalls in a timely manner. Trail conditions were good during peak travel season in the middle of June. Trail is mostly easy-moderate due to its length and little elevation gain.

The water falls on this trail are spectacular! They are out of this world! I went early in the morning to beat the crowd and it paid off. Wish I was wearing my hiking boots as it is wet, muddy, and rocky. The only thing i didn't like was that the Rim trail ran along in parallel with the road and kinda killed the hiking experience with cars flying by and the smell of emissions in the air. Besides that, this is highly recommended.

We started early in the morning before the big crowds arrived. It slightly rained but if felt good. We did this as a family hike. This was our last vacation hike from the state of Washington, small town of cashmere.

My husband and I went for this trial in May 2019. The trial is easy but the distance is long if you like to complete the entire loop and to visit all 10 falls. Each fall has it’s distinct shape and feature. The most impressive one surely is on the south end based on it’s height, the water flow, and the accessibility. However, my favorite is the double falls, which are a bit sidetrack off the trail. The weather was great after we gave up hiking around Mt. Hood.

This is a good, family-friendly hike with lots of picturesque Pacific Northwest waterfalls and rainforest growth. Berries everywhere along the way. Well established path, lots of shade, only insect “issues” were early morning spider webs (we started around 7 am to avoid crowds later in the morning - highly recommend if you want to avoid tourists, campers and large families gathering around the more accessible falls). There are a few steeper hills but nothing treacherous. I imagine like most places in Oregon this hike would be muddy and slippery in rainy seasons but for June it’s great.

Best family hike outside of the German alps we have ever done. Seriously, it’s that beautiful. Go on this hike. Go now!