Trail of Ten Falls

MODERATE 1,082 reviews

Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

hot springs

bridge out

A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

Absolutely incredible! I got here at around 08:00 on a Monday morning and started at north falls instead of south. That way I didn’t hit much traffic until about 10:45!

Beautiful scenic trail with incredible views of waterfalls. Very heavy traffic.

Amazing! So many beautiful things to look at and such a nice calming hike.

Beautiful trail! Always a breath of fresh air.

great moderate intensity 9.2 mile hike with 10 awesome waterfalls , many amazing trees , mangroves, and an abundance of wildlife .
bring a snack, plenty of water , and maybe some trekking poles , they definitely were a huge assistance in the last 3rd of our hike. We went counter clockwise (canyon to rim) and the rim trail is a bit of elevation change .

Great trail, can get crowded. Best in the early spring. Not pup friendly (I’ve seen dogs on here but would never take mine).

beautiful hike, well spaced, could get crowded during high season

This 9(ish) hike is amazing! Worth doing the whole loop as you see more waterfalls that are less busy. I recommend starting early in the day as it gets crowded even on weekdays. Very flat - only a few moderate climbs.

It’s important to note that this loop is about 10 miles, not 7.2. This hike is perfect for a day when there is rain or cloud, since everything that needs to be seen is low. I would recommend the rainy days for this hike, since it’s cooler, less busy, and much more lush and poetic. The tree cover is amazing, and the parking is very accessible. Overall, the hike is very easy since it’s mostly flat. Great for taking in everything!

I was out here on a beautiful Tuesday morning. Didn’t see a single person for almost 2 hours. The trail is easy to follow and setup in a way where it’s hard to miss any of the falls. Perfect hike for families. I covered about 70% of the trail in about 2.5 hours which included a few stops. Glad I made the effort to get here by 6am.

This was a great first hike for the season! My brother and I went the opposite way and did the trail backwards ending where most people started. It made it less crowded and we got to enjoy each of the falls more without the crowds. Spectacular views and cool weather for early June. Toward the end of our hike it started to rain and hail. Bring waterproof gear for sure if the weather even remotely indicates rain. Loved every minute of it!

Such a beautiful hike! It's hard to believe so many gorgeous waterfalls are on one trail. We started at the North Lot and hiked counter clockwise. It was a very busy day (as usual) and this put us against the flow of traffic, which I'm happy about because there were several large groups on the trail. We completed the hike in about 3-1/2 hours, which included stopping for lunch at the cafe.

We have done this trail many times. Very pretty but also crowded. I suggest going on a weekday.

I have a dog and I'm glad dogs aren't allowed.

Beautiful hike that was fairly moderate for the majority of the hike. Signage was pretty easy to follow. A lot of places to stop and look at waterfalls and beautiful scenery. I got there around 10 am and the parking lot was maybe 1/2 full but the parking lot was full and partially moved into the overfill parking spaces.

Fantastic hike! 9 miles/4:15 with a 7 year-old. Dozens of places to stop and look around that provide a moment to catch your breathe, which helps make the distance manageable. Ages 5 and under will likely require assistance.

This is a hike everyone needs to experience! Amazing

The 7.1 mile loop is more difficult than the moderate rating, with uneven, rocky trails, and areas not suitable for children or those with disabilities. A wonderful hike, but should be more accurately rated in this app.

Awesome trail with gorgeous waterfalls every ~0.5-1mile

What kinda government run state park doesn’t allow dogs???? Too many rules cause the influx of people in the summer.

If you do all 10 waterfalls it ends up being more like a 9.1 mile hike that you can do in 4ish hours. We used our Apple watches to track the mileage. It’s a fairly easy hike, just long. So worth it!

Nice 4hr hike with beautiful falls!

This was an absolutely beautiful hike. I went last weekend 5/12 and it was great weather. Portland was supposed to be 80 degrees so I wanted to do something out of the city. Much of the trail is shaded by trees and the open parts of the hike were short. I thought the hike was very easy to do, there were some gnarly uphills but overall very fun and a great day trip!!

Great hike! Recommend parking at South Falls parking lot. Stay too the right for full hike.

Hands down one of my favorite places I’ve been. We got there as soon as the park opened and had the whole place to ourselves. This truly is a gem, and absolutely gorgeous!

Make sure to see all the falls and hike the full trail. Totally worth the effort, but please be prepared. We saw a lot of tourist without proper gear and it did get pretty crowded in the afternoon so I recommend going early.

Hiked the Trail of Ten Falls again. It was awesome as usual. Now there are special memories with this location attached to a spiritual retreat I took a year or two earlier.

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely hike the full trail. The waterfalls at the last part ended up being my favorite.

Worth it to hike the full trail. Stunning waterfalls

One of my favorite trails. Perfect for rainy or sunny day.