Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Trail of Ten Falls [CLOSED]

moderate(1654)
Silver Falls State Park

Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,194 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

hot springs

bridge out

closed

fee

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

Great trail and amazing views. The only bummer for us was starting at the south falls, it’s a long trek before you finally see a waterfall again. We had to take the Rim trail because we had a dog with us

Hiked this loop clockwise from South Falls. Was approx. 7 and a half miles, did it in under 3 hours. Trail was very clear but often wet and muddy, as it was late March. Terrain is easy to moderate, some quick climbs but relatively flat overall. The waterfalls are each unique and stunning in their own ways. Only bummer was that it was insanely crowded (it was a Saturday afternoon with good weather), there was hardly any part of the trail where we were alone. Particularly around North and South Falls, it was packed and really slow going. Also the piece between Winter and South Falls runs along the highway. Overall, a nice walk but not super challenging and not a solitary nature experience.

Excellent trail with astonishing views. I’ve got some commentary but I still rate the hike as 5 stars. Paths are well maintained but be prepared for large puddles that take some careful tip-toeing on wet rocks and logs. Nothing deeper than what would just soak a pair of shoes. Signage is overdue for some TLC as many of the durable map installations have faded leaving blank areas at important junctions. Just plan ahead but you’ll be OK if you don’t stray from the the trail. Pack it in, pack it out. Leaving anything behind, even orange peels, is unethical and distracting. I noticed a few people departing from marked trails which not only puts you and your crew in harms way but accelerates degradation of the area brought on by our presence. Hope you enjoy as much or more than I did! :)

fee

Great hike, fairly easy. All waterfalls were beautiful. One of the most beautiful hikes in the Northwest.

Easy day hike with incredible scenery. All the waterfalls were epic, and we were surprised by how close you are able to get to most of them! Beautiful.

fee

First time doing this hike. All of the waterfalls are breathtaking. Bring water because it’s fairly long. I recommend from the parking lot head toward south falls first.

Second time, this time we finished! A bit muddy but other than that, very enjoyable. Took most of the day.

very beautiful hike ! One of my favorite park

No matter how many times I hike this trail, I way wow outloud every time. Impressive amount of water flowing right now. The rim trail portion had a considerable amount of mud.

fee

Awesome views, trails were extremely muddy though... Also not as many people on the trail as expected.

Such a beautiful hike! Not too peopled in the rainier winter months, but still incredibly gorgeous. I think this is one of my new favorite Portland area hikes.

The falls and the old growth forest, words cannot describe it.

Beautiful Trail with amazing views of waterfalls, plant life, and some massive douglas firs. We did the Canyon trail to rim trail for the e tore loop. Finished in a little over 4 hours with taking plenty of time to observe and enjoy the surroundings. Slightly muddy, and one spot of ankle deep warer under the 2nd falls when leaving from south falls trailhead.

This is by far the best place to go if you're looking to pack in as much sightseeing as possible into a manageable day hike. Aside from a couple of hills and switchbacks, the trail is pretty flat and very easy to navigate.

Great trail as always! Even in the rain

Moving from Colorado to Salem soon. This was our checking out Salem trip. What a beautiful hike not so far away from the city. Nature at it best! There were not so many people when we started at around 8. We did around 9.5 miles to compete the loop. Will definitely go again and again!

icy

We loved this hike. The day was cold and wet, but if you dress accordingly you will be fine. There is a five dollar fee to park. The waterfalls are breathtaking and the hike itself was not too difficult. We did do the entire loop, and at times were the only ones on the trail.

We went while it was lightly snowing and it was so beautiful. The falls are gorgeous right now!

Started at North Falls and took Rim to Canyon. With exploring, got 10.3 miles. Started with ice pellets, then turned into a downpour of big fluffy snow flakes. By the time I got to South Falls, the sun was out. Being a winter Tuesday, only saw a couple people on the trail. Great day! Easy hike - you can’t get lost. Beeeautiful!!!

I've lived in Oregon my entire adult life and just got around to this hike. I'm glad I did it once. River crossings behind waterfalls are just a really unique experience. It's a classic Oregon hike, moss and old growth galore. That said, it's not a hike for solitude. Even on a rainy day in January, there were at least 100 people in the trail. I can't imagine what you'd find on a summer day or a holiday. As of yesterday, there were lots of deep puddles and some mud, but overall, no big deal.

fee

This is a beautiful walk. I say walk because there is a clear wide path with smaller ones that can branch out. I went when it was a bit damp and still had fun, wasn't too much mud.

it was amazing hike! I loved how we can go behind the falls sometimes!

Amazing hike! We did this early January and it was perfect! A little muddy but not bad. The waterfalls are so beautiful and definitely make the hike very entertaining. We topped out at about 8.5 miles so a bit longer than the trail noted but so worth it! And wasn’t very difficult elevation wise.