Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

hot springs

bridge out

A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

Did this hike on Friday morning. Got there 10 minutes before 8am right when they opened the gate. Glad I got there early as by the time I finished the loop it was there was a lot of people going in. Beautiful hike!

Very beautiful with fall colors. Falls were alittle weak compared to other times visited, yet just as beautiful and worth the drive!!

This hike was pretty crowded on an October day. It starts out as paved, but turns into a rocky and dirt trail shortly into the start. It can be pretty slippery at times. It’s very beautiful and you get to go behind waterfalls.

Quite easy. lovely scenery. very busy on a Sunday around noon.

Went during the week and there were still a fair amount of people on the trail in the morning, but didn’t feel overcrowded. Winter Falls is currently dry and Double Falls is barely a trickle. Overall beautiful fall colors and scenery.

Such a beautiful hike. I live close by, so I did it in a few sections first. Took my sisters with me once. Then took my husband and we did the full loop last Sunday. He had not been there before. He loved it too! Lots of people later in the day, but most are very friendly.

Love it.

Fantastic hike with one amazing waterfall after another!

Exquisite and idyllic!

This was an easy hike with gorgeous waterfalls. It can get crowded, especially at the falls that are less than a mile from the trailhead, but the farther away from the trailhead I got the less people I saw.

Hiked this trail on Sunday 9/9/18. Started about 2:00 pm and went counter clockwise. Clocked over 9 miles and 1400 feet of elevation gain. The falls are amazing, though a few were dry. Not as many people in the afternoon and going that direction. Make sure you have your Trail app on because some of the trail has no signage. Very well maintained hike with a push toward the end up switchback stairs. Will be back in spring when the water is higher!

This was a beautiful run to do, definitely stopped a few times to take in the sites, going counterclockwise around the loop, you get the gradual climb done first and then you have a gradual downhill and steep uphill to finish on.

beautiful hike, we ended up doing 10 miles by the time we got back to the car to make sure we saw everything we came to see.

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!
Winter Falls and Double Falls are both dry at the moment, so unless there’s a bit of rain soon, probably not worth the trip - but even with the falls a bit drier, and having a lighter flow, I would highly recommend this. It’s not too difficult but it’s absolutely beautiful. It took me about 4 hours all up to do the loop, and I was taking my sweet time.
I did the loop counterclockwise (aka South Falls last) which I was happy with - except between South Falls and Lower South Falls there’s about 180 steps... that’s hard to get up after already clocking in a few miles haha. Barely saw anyone going that way for whatever reason - I barely saw anyone at all really. Early September, on a Thursday in the middle of the day... apparently a pretty quiet time for the trail ha!

We did the 9.5 mile loop around all of the falls. We went clockwise, which was great to avoid the Labor Day crowds. But Strictly based on elevation, I think it would be easier to go counter clockwise. There were lots of fun areas for our kids to play in the river during the hike too. Overall the waterfalls were stunning and the trails were well maintained. They weren’t very well marked, so if you can keep the AllTrails app up, I would suggest you do so.

Beautiful ! So many waterfalls. Bring lots of water!

Spectacular views of the falls. If you only have a morning or an afternoon, I recommend parking in the South Day Access parking lot. Plenty of picnic tables, restrooms, and even a snack bar. For the hike, the Rim Trail up to the North Falls is very wonderful. Coming back to the parking lot, I opted for the Canyon Trail. Glad I did. I saw three more falls and each seemed to be better than the next.

Very beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful! A rain forest in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by agricultural fields, Silver Falls is a true gem. Even in mid summer all of the waterfalls are still flowing. They’re probably more spectacular in the spring and winter but it’s worth the trade-off of not having to deal with muddy trails. Late August the trails are dry and easy. Mid-week is pretty low traffic. We started at 8am and only saw one or two other parties for the first 6 miles.
The opportunity to walk behind the waterfalls is very unique and unbelievably gorgeous.

Highly recommend!!! If you’re even remotely in the area it’s a must.

The full loop was absolutely gorgeous!!! Make sure you arrive early, the entire lot was full on a week day. This is an easy hike the entire family will enjoy.

I can't imagine a more beautiful hike. Not so much of a workout at the pace we went, stopping so many times for photos and to enjoy the views, but worth every second. If you are at all considering this, do it. You'll be so glad you did. (But start out early, especially on the weekend--it will get crowded.)

Scenic views of waterfalls are plentiful on this hike. It didn't feel hard but one does need to be prepared for the distance. It was heavily trafficked on a midday Saturday – so don't expect a solitary experience – but that is to be expected. North Falls are worth the extra distance.

Awesome hike and you get to see some really cool waterfalls. Love that you can walk behind some of them. I would grab a map at the start as there are some forks in the road. Cafe is a cool place to grab a beer when you finish.

Easy hike over beautifully maintained trail system. This park was created during depression days by the CCC and WPA programs. Cool history and awesome terrain. Fairly heavily traveled but no bikes or dogs. A real pleasure.

We knew going in that it would/could be a crowded trail, since we were going on a Sunday. My boyfriend and I arrived around 1 and finished the whole thing at 4:30. Not as crowded as expected. Great hiking weather. All around great time.

This trail is amazing! Doing the entire 8.7 mile long loop took me about 4 hours w/ stopping frequently for photos. The first loops of the trail are heavily trafficked but if you continue past the Winter Falls loop there is only light traffic. There are areas that are slightly steep but not a lot of elevation gain overall. The falls are beautiful!

Awesome Hike, highly recommended!

Very nice hike, with beautiful scenery. A lot of people were not very friendly and didn't smile, something we are not used to. It was nice to see Rep. Adam Schiff on the hike, that was very exciting. My wife and I enjoyed the hike and will definitely be back soon. We will most likely rent a cabin to make it more memorable....

Must see! My 8 year old did this hike and loved it! Will be going back in the spring for sure.