Trail of Ten Falls

Trail of Ten Falls is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

hot springs

A trail in Silver Falls State Park past 10 beautiful waterfalls, perfect for the whole family. This casual hike through a beautiful canyon in Oregon's largest State park takes you past ten beautiful waterfalls ranging in height from 27 feet to 178 feet and 4 of them you can even walk behind. There are plenty of benches to rest at and the trail is extremely well maintained, perfect for the whole family. The park itself is 9,000 acres and contains over 24 miles of trails for biking and hiking.

2 minutes ago

Excellent views, not terribly difficult of a trail. Can be muddy and quite busy but totally worth the hike!

Great waterfall views, easy to mod hike, little wet and muddy.

Really neat place, especially if you just want to see a bunch of waterfalls in one day. I think it's awesome you can access all 10 of the park's waterfalls on one looped trail. I'm not very happy that dogs are only allowed to Upper North Falls. I saw one dog owner that disregarded that rule and took his pup to North Falls as well. I just don't see what the problem is if dogs are on a leash and well-behaved. The trail is still muddy this time of year. Although it was sunny and 60 degrees, there weren't too many people there. Maybe because it was a Thursday. Some parts of the trails get narrow and I'm happy that I didn't have to deal with crowds. Definitely check out the falls that you can get behind. The view is spectacular! Even a cool place to sit down and munch on your sandwich and enjoy the majesty of Oregon.

The hike was incredible from start to finish. Today was wet and rainy but the trail was still very manageable. We saw lots of people even with the less than ideal weather. I can only imagine how crowded it must get when it's sunny and warm.

We travel to Portland every year taking one day off always to hike this route. Spring or fall We park at the south lot and go in either direction you cannot go wrong.

Alright so the All Trails app is actually slightly incorrect with the information about his hike/ scenic walk. According to the signs and my tracker, this trail is 8.77 miles as a loop and is closer to about 900 feet of elevation, not 7 miles and 1400 feet as currently listed. Anyway, I drove 5.5 hours to experience this trail and I have to say, it was definitely worth it. Absolutely gorgeous!!! That being said, would I drive out of my way again just for this? Probably not. Definitely worth it for a one time experience though forrrrr sure!

There are ten waterfalls that are clearly marked and mapped out but there are probably about 8 more little ones that are pretty too. The trail was incredibly well kept--- the state definitely pays attention to the little things which is nice.

The only little problem is, it is slightly hard to find. Siri (iPhone maps) tried taking me to a completely different side of the park, but I did eventually stop and ask a ranger for directions. It's in the South Falls Day Access only area and the best place to park is right in front of the bathrooms and the lodge. That is the easiest way to explain it.

I chose to go clockwise, not counter clockwise like a lot of the other reviews said to do, and I was very happy with my decision because we started off seeing waterfalls right away instead of having to hike in and wait for them.

This hike is a fantastic half day for recommending to friends who may not have the desire or ability to deal with a lot of elevation change, and want a lot of bang for their buck. I haven't done this one in a long time, but plan to again in june. Last time i did it, i took two guys that never hiked, and they had no issue with the distance, and being a loop was beneficial because a lot of people don't want to pass the same things twice. There is so much beautiful scenery in such a short amount of time, it's a no brainer.