Tom McCall Point Trail

Tom McCall Point Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near The Dalles, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Beautiful. Decent workout but can be a good stroll too.

It was beautiful. The skies were blue, scattered with a few clouds. We had views of both Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. I would do this hike again as long as the flowers are out!

This is one of my favorite close by go to trails for a relatively quick hike. You get exceptional views of the gorge as well as mount Adams and mount Hood. I often see wildlife on this trail ranging from reptiles to deer and on one of my hikes here I got to the top right as it was getting dark and was blessed with witnessing an all black wolf roughly 100 yards away from me for a couple seconds and with out the wind even blowing his direction he stuck his nose to the ground and got hold of my scent and took off. A definite must go hike for all.

A delight at every turn. Wild flowers, amazing views. Highly recommend!!

Hiked on a clear day during May blossoms, it doesn't get much better than this. Sweeping views stretching from Mt. Hood to the Gorge to Mt. Adams award you at the top, while the journey there brings turn after turn of reds yellows and blues. Truly a beautiful hike.

beautiful hike lots of wild flowers it was closed past 1.1 miles for restoration so we will be back to finish it when its open

ok, possible to see Hood and Adams on a clear day.

Beautiful views and great wild flowers in late spring.

Nice walk! I want to go when flowers are blooming and meadows are full of wild flowers but it was beautiful

Great view at the top.. bald eagles flying over a viewscape of Mt. Hood.

It was a beautiful hike up to a 900 ft view point. We really enjoyed looking at the many wildflowers and birds!!!

It is more than an upwards climb than anticipated. The views are worth the climb!!!

Friday, May 20, 2016

no dogs here or on the lower trail Rowena plateau bummer but gorgeous drive and wildflowers I loved this hike I'm afraid of heights so it got kind if scary but the flowers wow hikes this in April combined with the plateau good hike. This one is one marked hard that I thought was much easier than clackamas river trail that s marked moderate lol

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gorgeous quick 3.1 mile hike. I highly recommend to go in mid-to late April. We went in May and the bright yellow flowers were mostly dead despite being peak season for flowers. Overall, I highly recommend this hike.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Spring flowers make for gorgeous hike. Probably a 4 star if the flowers weren't in bloom. Can be windy.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

This was a beautiful hike. We had read elsewhere it was flat, this trail although lacks rocks-is most definitely not a flat hike. The switchbacks have a decent incline. We did have a tick problem.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Beautiful views and great for a light afternoon hike. There's not a lot of shade and I did spot a rattlesnake so be on the lookout!