Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail

Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Arrived around 1100 Sunday 6/17 and parked at ski-bowl and walked about .5mi to trailhead. Took our group between 1:45-2:10 to hit summit from trailhead. Down took 20min less including walk to ski-bowl. Not sure if they changed path, because two different trackers registered about 3.6mi up, so this is closer to 7mi than 6mi. Postage was pretty clear. Gorgeous terrain and mostly a bidirectional pathway. There’s a strip where it narrows after some rocks where passing has to be deliberate. There was a lot of rain the day before but you couldn’t really tell on the trail. Mirror Lake loop looks cool, I’ll have to do that next time. We were on a schedule so we went straight up the mountain. It was a moderate hike and the payout is totally worth it. On a reasonably clear day, you can easily see Mt Hood, Mt Adams, and Mt St Helens. Trailhead Ambassador said we could follow the ridge line back towards ski-bowl and either hike down or take lift. I’ll try that one date and update you all. Good path for friendly dogs; if your dog’s scared of dogs/people like mine, leave em at home. This is well trafficked. Ski-bowl Peking is free -lots of adventure things to do there too. Parks dept is in process of moving trailhead parking closer to ski-bowl -so be mindful of parking recommendations in older reviews. Saw folks of all ages; it isn’t difficult so pace yourself and you’ll hit the top!

Got to the trailhead by 8am. The weather was foggy and cold, the trail was we at times but a well maintained trail. Got to the summit just shy of 2 hours, the summit was covered in for but after waiting about 30 minutes, the fog gave way and we were able to see beautiful Mt. Hood.

Hiked June 5 on a sunny day...glad we got there early...the lot was packed when we got back. Views of Hood, St Helens, Adams and Jefferson....it doesn’t get any better than this!

View is amazing and the hike is fun.

Beautiful, classic hike. Make sure to bring extra layers in Spring and Fall, the wind at the top can make it chilly.

This is a great hike! The view at the top is amazing, and Mirror Lake is stunning as well!

Great scenery at the top!

Really hard to find a better view!

Great view at the top!! On a clear day you’ll see Mt Rainer, Saint Helens, Adams, Jefferson and of course Hood.

If the lot is full you can use Ski Bowl about a half mile up the road.

Lovely hike. No more snow, trail is all clear. This is a popular hike so get there early if possible.
This hike starts at the mirror lake trailhead but if parking is full (very likely) drive a little further past milepost 52 and there is additional parking on the side of the road (on your right if going east on US 26) just before the signage to Skibowl. About a 5 minute walk back to trailhead, but better than waiting. If parking at trailhead, you’ll need a pass

Tough hike but worth it. Once at the top, I enjoyed the best views I've seen yet. I will be back again and again.

make it to the top, unreal views if you get a good day. you’re able to see five peaks! moderate up, easy down.

Incredible views of Mt. Hood. I’m so glad we did this hike today (5/22/18). The sky was so clear. We did not have any issues with snow. All melted.

Awesome hike! Bit crowded and the small parking lot fills up quick on the weekends.
Mirror lake is a refreshing stop before a little incline! The view is crazy good, especially on a clear day. We saw 6 peaks!
As of Sunday 5/13/18 the last mile was still a bit slushy with snow. A little slippery at times but very do able.

This is my favorite view I’ve found around Mt Hood. Offers a beautiful lake and lush alpine forest. Then a steady climb for a great 360 degree view. Complete with five snow peak mountains. Really really nice! Snow was passable and not too slippery. Wait two weeks and it will be gone.

The hike was beautiful but we couldn't do the last mile because there was too much snow the higher up we were. We got to a narrow partof the trail that was covered in snow and had a 1,000+ foot drop off the side and it was too much for me! Will definitely come back and finish this summer!

Awesome trail for snowshoeing and hiking! The 360 view of mountains and Mount Hood on a clear day is incredible!

This was my first snowshoeing trip ever, and my first time on this trail. The hardest part for me was the added mile from parking to trail head especially on our way back. The trail itself is moderately challenging lots of climbing with a couple areas that are flat. The summit was steep and a little scary on the way down as there was ice and just a very light layer of snow. Unfortunately it was cloudy and windy at the top and we didn’t experience the beautiful views we were hoping for. Next time I’ll do this one on a clear day. Hiked 1/20/2018

Pack the jetboil and sunrise hike!!! Dope!

I love this trail - all seasons.
The trail today was mostly snow free up to Mirror Lake, but after that it gets snowy (with the exception of a couple patches). It is definitely doable without snowshoes or microspikes, but I was grateful for my microspikes. Gets a little confusing up top to follow the trail, but just keep an eye on boot prints.

Beautiful day! Be prepared to walk from the SkiBowl parking lot which adds another mile each way. Not much snow to Mirror Lake today, but all snow past the lake to the top of Tom, Dick, and Harry trail. Clamp-ons would be handy, but totally doable with hiking boots. Be prepared for 2' snow at the top.

The hike itself is five stars but a star was deducted because you can’t park at the entrance to the hike right now. It’s a little bogus to have to walk nearly a mile on highway 26 when there isn’t snow in the forecast and plenty of space to park. That’s literally the only option unless you want to disregard 14 giant “your car will be towed” and “no parking “ signs.
This weekend, snowshoes weren’t necessary, the trail was fairly packed all the way up but spikes may have made it a little easier. No view today, we were stuck in a cloud but since lots of tourists were scared of the no parking signs, we had the mtn all to ourselves. Will go back in the spring when parking at Ski Bowl doesn’t add an annoying mile and a half of highway shoulder hiking.

It started snowing today, so I was happy to have snowshoes beyond Mirror Lake. I was the first to the top today, so the trail had been covered by last night’s snowfall. If this happens to you, just remember to take a sharp left at the cairn. Enjoy!

Great hike, beautiful views. Take micro spikes or crampons if you have them. Some areas were slippery along the ledges with the snow and ice.

beautiful. went with spikes and had zero issues today. trail had ice/snow mix on trail. it's a moderate hike for a moderate hiker.

What an awesome way to begin the year!! Definitely an ass kicker but the gorgeous view at the top was so worth it! Got to see Mt St. Helens, Rainier, Hood, Butte & Zigzag. Most people were in spikes or snow shoes due to the snow levels already up there.

What a great hike! We got lucky and had a view of all the peaks from the top, St. Helens, Rainer, Butte, & Zig Zag! Nice moderate hike but definitely bring your snow shoes or ice spikes this time of year. We’ll be headed back in the summer to do it again!!

Hiked 12/12/17-12/13/17 to view the Geminid Meteor Shower. It was a snowy trail most of the way after the lake. Between 6-12”. Trail was totally packed down snowshoe width. In these conditions I prefer using the micro spikes. You could tell it hasn’t snowed up there in a while. It was a great solo experience. Having had to park at Ski Bowl West was the only issue. I’m still unclear why the trailhead lot is closed on what seems one of the easiest most accessed trails on the mountain. But whatever.

Amazing hike! Beginning of the trail head was disappointing. Garbage cans over filled and scattered on the ground. Port a potty over flowing with trash and feces.

Perfect day today!