Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail

Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts easy to moderate, but the last leg is quite rocky and steep. Definitely check out the loop around the lake.

Mirror lake is gorgeous - especially in the fall when we went with all the leaves changing color. Amazing view of mt hood at the top

One of my all time favorite hikes! I took my two kids and our dog to explore around Mirror Lake, not even knowing that TDH existed. We were just finishing Mirror Lake when we spotted the trail sign and figured why not.

The trail is very well maintained and because we went on a weekend, there was significant foot traffic but nothing alarming. Views along the way were vast and beautiful but the real views come from the top.

We sat at the summit, shared a picnic and then headed back down.

Travel time was about 4 hours round trip but keep in mind I was hiking with a 6 & 8 yr old.

I'd like to snowshoe the trail once winter hits!

This was one of the first hikes I completed after moving to the Pacific Northwest and the view at the top was spectacular with its panoramic view of all of the mountains in the area. Highly recommend this hike on a clear day!

Amazon payoff at the end with a 360 degree vista of multiple mountains. Well worth the trek.