Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail

Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike, beautiful views. Take micro spikes or crampons if you have them. Some areas were slippery along the ledges with the snow and ice.

beautiful. went with spikes and had zero issues today. trail had ice/snow mix on trail. it's a moderate hike for a moderate hiker.

What an awesome way to begin the year!! Definitely an ass kicker but the gorgeous view at the top was so worth it! Got to see Mt St. Helens, Rainier, Hood, Butte & Zigzag. Most people were in spikes or snow shoes due to the snow levels already up there.

What a great hike! We got lucky and had a view of all the peaks from the top, St. Helens, Rainer, Butte, & Zig Zag! Nice moderate hike but definitely bring your snow shoes or ice spikes this time of year. We’ll be headed back in the summer to do it again!!

Hiked 12/12/17-12/13/17 to view the Geminid Meteor Shower. It was a snowy trail most of the way after the lake. Between 6-12”. Trail was totally packed down snowshoe width. In these conditions I prefer using the micro spikes. You could tell it hasn’t snowed up there in a while. It was a great solo experience. Having had to park at Ski Bowl West was the only issue. I’m still unclear why the trailhead lot is closed on what seems one of the easiest most accessed trails on the mountain. But whatever.

Amazing hike! Beginning of the trail head was disappointing. Garbage cans over filled and scattered on the ground. Port a potty over flowing with trash and feces.

Perfect day today!

Don’t leave your valuables visible in your car. I came back from this beautiful hike to a smashed window and a cleared out car.

Small parking lot appears to be closed, so prepare for a walk along the highway to get to the trailhead. The trail is mostly free of snow and ice still, but there is definitely some patches of packed snow towards the top.

Starts easy to moderate, but the last leg is quite rocky and steep. Definitely check out the loop around the lake.

Mirror lake is gorgeous - especially in the fall when we went with all the leaves changing color. Amazing view of mt hood at the top

One of my all time favorite hikes! I took my two kids and our dog to explore around Mirror Lake, not even knowing that TDH existed. We were just finishing Mirror Lake when we spotted the trail sign and figured why not.

The trail is very well maintained and because we went on a weekend, there was significant foot traffic but nothing alarming. Views along the way were vast and beautiful but the real views come from the top.

We sat at the summit, shared a picnic and then headed back down.

Travel time was about 4 hours round trip but keep in mind I was hiking with a 6 & 8 yr old.

I'd like to snowshoe the trail once winter hits!

This was one of the first hikes I completed after moving to the Pacific Northwest and the view at the top was spectacular with its panoramic view of all of the mountains in the area. Highly recommend this hike on a clear day!

Amazon payoff at the end with a 360 degree vista of multiple mountains. Well worth the trek.

Love love love! I could do this hike over and over and never get tired of it.

Nice hike!

Hiked 09/27/17. It was a very clear day and saw Mt, St. Helens, Adams, Rainier, Hood and Jefferson from the top. Mileage is accurate as reported. The parking lot at the trailhead is often full and you my have to park in the Ski Bowl parking area further east on Hwy. 26 and walk back to the trailhead. This adds approximately 2 additional miles round trip to this journey.

I waited far too long to do this fabulously fun hike! The views were spectacular and the wildlife was far too cute!
I did Mirror Lake Loop beforehand. It was a tad more challenging on the way to Tom Dick and Harry. I'd even say more towards the "hard" end for some, but just near the top. Coming down was fun and quick! It's true, parking is a bit tricky, but definitely worth it. My only complaint... noisy hikers and too many dogs off leash. I'm glad I opted not to bring my dog or that would have been a disaster. As many dogs on the trail, I only saw a small amount of poo! Overall.. AWESOME HIKE!! A definite local favorite for me.

Beautiful trail and amazing view of Mt. Hood at the top.

Started doing the mirror lake trail and then ended up doing both Tom Dick and Harry and mirror lake. Nice switchbacks and beautiful views. Well worth it to do both.