Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail

Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Still too much snow to see any trail from the pond. Definitely worth going at least that far on a clear day to see Mt Hood. Will come back again in a few weeks after the rest melts!

Such a fun trail in the snow. Right now the pond is mostly covered in snow and the trail is completely covered. It is very passable up to the pond but we had to turn back after that because there was no sign of tracks in the snow leading to the top. Lots of powder around the pond. Will definitely come back when it is clear to the top!

Awesome Trail, great views, beautiful lake, could see Mt. Hood. Did this hike a long time ago when I was a young teenager with family. I don't remember what time of year it was, but everything was covered in snow, so winter/early spring I'm thinking. Loved it.

The trail up to mirror lake is pretty easy going with plenty of switchbacks that the steep sections so great for families with kids! The lake itself is picturesque and makes the perfect place to stop for a snack or to just enjoy the scenery. After the lake it get a bit harder and most people don't seem to bring younger children any further but dogs still seem to do fine. The last leg past the sharp turn up tot he top is also fairly flat. Lots of people stop at the lake (which still makes for a good hike!) but the peak of Tom Dick and Harry offers one of the best and unobstructed views of Mt. Hood. Looking down on the small Mirror Lake you can really appreciate how fast you gained elevation! The peak itself is mostly rocks, with lots of flat rocks that are great for sitting and enjoying the view. It is also a great spot for some mountain top yoga! I personally prefer this trail during the summer, but it is stunning in the winter if you can access the trail head still!

Until Mirror Lake there is not much snow on the trail, but after that, there is so much snow on the trail, but it is still amazing and so much fun.

My husband and I moved to Oregon from Chicago back in March 2016. We are not avid hikers by any means and the Mirror Lake Loop was recommended to us by a co-worker. Once we completed that we continued on to the Tom Dick and Harry Mountain Trail and I am so happy we did! The surprise factor of the view gave me goosebumps! We went in July and it was a totally clear day. Some portions of the trail were a little freaky (again not an experienced hiker) with some rocky edges and narrow paths, but TOTALLY worth it. Definitely want to venture out more often!!

Very accessible hike. We went in late November. Lots of snow, but no need for snowshoes. Incredibly beautiful.

Easy and enjoyable :) a bit slippery now that it's almost December, and definitely some big chunks of snow/ice falling out of the trees that I had to watch out for.

One of my favorite hikes of the year! I have to say I completed this one already back in May, when there was still a little bit of snow on the way to the summit. We were actually only planning to do the Mirror Lake loop, but decided to add the hike towards the summit. It was the best decision ever. Such a great hike with an amazing reward at the end: a 360 degrees view overlooking all of the surrounding mountains - dominated by Mt. Hood - and even Mt. Jefferson to the south. Truly a amazing hike that I can recommended to everybody. Especially on a clear day!

I did this hike for the first time this past Monday 9/12/16. Beautiful views! Easy hike too, & that's coming from someone who is not physically fit.