Toketee Falls

Toketee Falls is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Beautiful waterfall over basalt cliffs into a wave-tossed pool. Toketee Falls is one of the most famous waterfalls in all of Oregon, renowned far and wide for the graceful columnar basalt formation framing the two-stepped falls. The North Umpqua River has carved a sinuous gorge out of the lava flow, resulting in a waterfall of 113 feet in height - a 28 foot upper tier which plunges into a pool flanked by a deep alcove, followed by an 85 foot plunge into a large pool. At the trailhead, the wooden 12 foot diameter Toketee Pipeline is passed, which diverts much of the volume of the North Umpqua River to a powerhouse downstream. This artificial taming of the river allows the waterfall to flow in an extremely consistent manor all year long.

I did this hike last year. by far my favorite so far. I might’ve climbed over the fence for a good shot. if you do, don’t bring kids or animals. it’s VERY dangerous. go slow.

Pretty cool waterfall. Would give it 5 stars if you could hike to the bottom (legally) lol

Little busy, but great hike... trail is in great shape.

Beautiful falls. Tricky lighting for photography.

This was one of my favorite trails I’ve done so far. It’s not too long and is appropriate for children. You get to see two waterfalls if you take the whole trail and you can get on top of one of them. The water is so incredibly blue and I can’t wait to do it again and again!

great hike and get up close!

Easy and pretty waterfall. Wish you could go to the bottom *legally*

Was our first time and had a wonderful time. Weather was perfect and so was the view of the waterfall.

Great waterfall! The trail is a little steep for seniors. Young people, please STOP and give a hand to seniors walking up or at least, don’t dash down . Tourists, do not leave your trash.

Great hike along the water... seeing the water cut through the rocks is just as beautiful as the falls!

Absolutely beautiful. The trail was very easy. I ended up going to the very bottom - which is off the trail and a little sketchy. The hardest part of getting down for me was the first part, it's super dusty and there's not much to grip onto, after that there is a section of roots you climb down. This part has plenty of places to hold onto- just watch your footing. If you plan on going all the way down take your time and expect to get dusty. Totally worth the view at the bottom and the refreshing jump into the cold water.

awesome

I really wanted to go down to the base of the waterfall, but it seemed really sketchy. For one you have to go off trail. Secondly I was the only one there and if I stepped wrong I could’ve had a potentially fatal death or serious injury. The view from the platform was spectacular but it left me wanting more.

Easy hike to the falls outlook. There is a rope to go down to the bottom of the falls and it’s a MUST. A little scary but absolutely worth it.

Absolutely amazing hike! Well worth the drive for us!

Super easy nature walk. And a beautiful view

Stopped here on the way to diamond lake with my husband and two dogs. Arrived around 3pm Saturday. It was extremely hot and crowded. A lot of people were going down to the fall. We didn’t really enjoy it, But since we were camping nearby, we decided to try again the next morning. Next day arrived at 9 am. Only two cars in lot. Way cooler and decided to leave my dogs since we wanted to go down to the fall. We used spikes since it was a very steep way down and they helped a lot! Seeing the falls from the bottom is way better from the top. However I wouldn’t risk it if you don’t have the appropriate shoes.

Crowded and a bit overrated

Drove all the way from Portland to check this out. It was worth it! Beautiful waterfall. Wish I climbed to the bottom though and capture a nice photo. But don't wanna disrespect. Overall, it was amazing!

Short hike but simply beautiful! Kid friendly.

It is on your way to crater lake. Beautiful waterfalls and small hike. Very well maintained

Great trail!!! It's so beautiful!!

Short and easy hike with descent amount of stairs so it’s a good workout. Parking lot along a fun wood pipe line. Waterfalls at the end are gorgeous!

It is very crowded. But quite a nice waterfall for such a short hike! There is a path that goes down to a pool halfway through which is very nice too.

me and my Girlfriend went up here two years ago and there was some much snow we couldn't even see the road signs!! lol but it's an absolutely Beautiful Place to Visit!!.

This is a great little hike. It is dog friendly, but the trail is narrow in some spots. Another lady's dog was not to pleased to see my dog, so just keep that in mind if you are bringing your fur baby. The falls are beautiful !