Toketee Falls

Toketee Falls is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glide, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful waterfall over basalt cliffs into a wave-tossed pool. Toketee Falls is one of the most famous waterfalls in all of Oregon, renowned far and wide for the graceful columnar basalt formation framing the two-stepped falls. The North Umpqua River has carved a sinuous gorge out of the lava flow, resulting in a waterfall of 113 feet in height - a 28 foot upper tier which plunges into a pool flanked by a deep alcove, followed by an 85 foot plunge into a large pool. At the trailhead, the wooden 12 foot diameter Toketee Pipeline is passed, which diverts much of the volume of the North Umpqua River to a powerhouse downstream. This artificial taming of the river allows the waterfall to flow in an extremely consistent manor all year long.

Short. Easy. Crowded when we were there. Amazing view of falls from platform.

Great view from the base of the waterfall. It is a shame they fenced it, but you can easily hop it

So amazing! I was a little bit afraid to go down to the waterfalls but I just take my time and it was ok (went down with 2 Chihuahuas, one at a time). hope that I can return there one day!

I highly recommend going at an odd hour so you don't show up when the mass crowds are their. At the end of the trail (overlook) you can go off the trail and scale down to the water. Its not very easy but if you are in shape its doable.

Beautiful falls, easy path, does have some stairs, be prepared if you hate stairs like my wife does, Most Mosquitoes I have encountered that I can ever think of off the top of my head, (at least in July) The kids & I did climb down to the bottom of the falls (This in NOT a hike) do not attempt if you to not like heights, you WILL be using your hands

It's a nice hike. Just can't get very close to the waterfall unless you climb the safety fence.

Love this waterfall

It was a scramble to get to the base of the waterfall but well worth it. The water was freezing but refreshing. Absolutely beautiful!

Too many bugs!!!

Just okay for me. Too many people. Not really much of an actual hike. And you don't really get all that close to the waterfall unless you climb down the side trail. I would do that if I were to go again. It's a very pretty waterfall and definitely worth checking out if you've never been.

Took this trail July 22 around sunset. We were the last ones of the short .4 mile one way trail. A lot of mosquitoes from the beginning and only got worse once reaching the upper lookout. There is a steep rope trail leading to the bottom of the falls. You can access this trail through a whole in the Upper Lookout Gate. Worth the short hike down to get a view from the bottom of the falls and pool. Bug spray would be useful but very easy trail with a few uphill stair portions. One of the better waterfalls in Oregon