Toketee Falls

Toketee Falls is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glide, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful waterfall over basalt cliffs into a wave-tossed pool. Toketee Falls is one of the most famous waterfalls in all of Oregon, renowned far and wide for the graceful columnar basalt formation framing the two-stepped falls. The North Umpqua River has carved a sinuous gorge out of the lava flow, resulting in a waterfall of 113 feet in height - a 28 foot upper tier which plunges into a pool flanked by a deep alcove, followed by an 85 foot plunge into a large pool. At the trailhead, the wooden 12 foot diameter Toketee Pipeline is passed, which diverts much of the volume of the North Umpqua River to a powerhouse downstream. This artificial taming of the river allows the waterfall to flow in an extremely consistent manor all year long.

Completed 9-8-18

Watch out for dog poop on the trail! It was kind of a bummer to have to be more aware of piles of poo than actually enjoying the scenery around. Overall, it's a beautiful tiny hike!

My favourite waterfall although hike is short and usually very crowded.

beautiful! I was lucky enough to go at an unbusy time.

Beautiful but not as long as I would have liked.

I've seen many waterfalls. This waterfall is my favorite. It's so beautiful .

I didn’t enjoyed it that much. You can’t deny the view is take breathing, but you are not able to get close to the falls, the viewpoint is really far from there. It is my understanding that another trial exists to get to the bottom, we just didn’t know where that was. The trial it’s crowded, and to be honest, I was really scared about the missing boy and probably dead by now. At one point of the trial I saw some girls getting beyond the fence limit to get some shots and selfies and they were really really close to the edges and to one of the waterfalls. So scary! A picture is not worthy, life and security first, people!

Tourist trap. Beautiful waterfalls but too crowded

All those writing about hopping the fence to go see the waterfall should know that a young man did that and apparently fell to his death today. The fences are in place for a reason....stay on the trail and view the falls from the observation area.

Loads of stairs, I’m no fan of the heights. If you have a fear of heights, you might want to stay off this trail. There are several other nearby waterfalls where you are on land the whole time, half of this was on the edge.

This trail is pretty cool and super short. You also get views of the river most of the way. Unfortunately you have to hope the fence to actually get down to the waterfall. Otherwise cool and easy. Worth your time. Follow all our adventures on Instagram @themicrotourists

This trail has ALL OF THE STAIRS! I think the sign at the trailhead said something like 97 up and 120 something down...
I was a little disappointed to find that the trail takes you to an observation deck. To get down to the falls, you have to climb over the metal fence and railing to a steep, rocky path that is not part of a maintained trail. The way down looked doable if you have good balance (I watched a group of 5 do it) but I’m not so sure about getting back up. I didn’t trust myself for the descent or ascent so there was that.
The view from the observation deck is beautiful and there is a bench.
The parking lot has a lot of garbage and toilet paper in the trees and bushes despite there being one vault toilet available for use.

Pretty easy hike, just has a lot of stairs. I didn’t climb down to the bottom though

Worth it. 10/10 recommend

Bring your camera! Hike was considered "easy", but FYI there are a lot of stairs and uneven surfaces.

Great trail and a lot of fun

Made it down to the bottom! Almost chickened out. Drove down from Seattle for an Oregon waterfall road trip. So, it would have been sad if I chickened out and didn’t go down. I’m glad I did go down. I’m not sure if I’ll do it again tho! Lololol!

Note: we went Friday July 13, 2018. The hole in the gate was fixed and extra bars to reinforced it. We had to climb over the rails and then climbed down from that.

Very beautiful and worth the hike. The water falls into a gorgeous deep blue pool. There are a few opportunities to get off the trail and go down to the water. If you are able, I would highly recommend taking advantage of those areas as the views and experience is almost surreal.

Really beautiful! Easy for kids. A lot of stairs!

This place is super crowded and the bursting water pipe thing in the parking lot is a little off putting. They also could benefit from another restroom. Aside from that there isn't anything to complain about! A short, scenic and easy walk to the falls. There were some stairs but nothing too crazy, The treehouse like lookout was pretty cool, but the view from up there was kind of underwhelming so I climbed down to the bottom, MUCH BETTER! and not as crowded. (CLIMBING DOWN TO THE FALLS IS NOT A TRAIL! AT LEAST A CLASS 3, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK) The color of the water is so blue and beautiful, The columnar jointing is awesome as well! Nice, well defined columns. This place is beautiful for sure...

Did this hike late this afternoon, my 3rd visit to these falls within the past year (September and October in 2017.) I made my way down to the base all three times. But you have to be very careful, it is quite steep from the viewpoint platform down to the river. In fact, a woman fell 100' here last week and had to go to the hospital. It was on the news: http://ktvl.com/news/local/medford-woman-rescued-after-falling-near-toketee-falls

Easy hike with an incredible pay off!

This was an easy hike, but there are a lot of roots and rocks. Several stairs up and down. The falls are cool, but it would be nice to be able to get closer to the bottom without having to go off trail and rock climbing. If I were 30 years younger I would!

Short and sweet. If you're into chasing waterfalls like I am then this one should be on your bucket list. You won't regret it!

Great short hike to some amazing views. The parking was a bit tight on a busy holiday weekend. I’d suggest not bringing a dog since the trail can get a little congested. The view points were amazing and breathtaking. Stairs placed throughout the trail with railing which was nice. Toketee lake is a 1/2 mile down the road. Didn’t know it was their prior to going. Pack a picnic lunch and eat by the lake campground or day use area.

Very pretty no doubt! BUT VERY BUSY!!!! dont bring ur puppies so many ppl.. lots of stairs..

Amazing. A must see!

It was my first time in years sense I’ve been there. It was even more beautiful than I remember. It was my three dogs and myself that went. Found some pretty cool areas just around the falls as well. :)

nice, easy hike in. no snow but a few spots of minor mud but ends with breathtaking view of the falls.

The pool! Can climb down with rope. Stairs super well maintained. About 100 steps up and the same down. Clean, bathroom setting at trailhead. Went in March, no snow, not cold: just perfect weather. Tons of water.