Tidbits Mountain Southern Approach Trail

Tidbits Mountain Southern Approach Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Sweet Home: Travel east on Hwy. #20 for 14.2 miles and turn right on Forest Road 2022 (Canyon Creek Road.) Turn right on Forest road 2026 and travel 7.6 miles to spur road 335. Turn left and travel 3.1 miles to the trailhead on the right/

instant gratification hike! the drive up ..just go slow..its not a rally track..and remember its 2 way on a tiny rock road next to a cliff..just be slow..and enjoy mother nature..this hike has huge pay off ! 360 views. go get it!

Yesterday from Blue River (Hwy 126 access), I found the landslide past mile marker 4 about a quarter mile. You can still hike up to the trailhead 4 miles each way of road #1509, which I did, and you will pass logs in the road, trees down, a snow/debris road blockage and boulders - all needing to be cleared by a bulldozer to more closely drive to the trailhead. The first mile or so of the Tidbits Mountain trail is clear, then you hit significant snow, which obliterates the trail. I turned back. Definitely a hike I will take again once snow has melted, likely in late June or mid-July.

Wonderful hike but not accessible as of last week (May 10th) due to landslide and multiple trees down further up road (we walked passed landslide but didn't make it to trailhead). Hoping this gets cleared up soon.

Couldn't access the trail due to a landslide on the logging road about 4 miles from the trailhead. Call the ranger before trying to go in 2017. We tried to go on May 6th, 2017. Hope that it gets cleared up so we can hike this area!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Decent hike with great views from the top. We were there in mid June and the rhodies (and other wildflowers) were going off. So much pink. The drive up isn't too bad but I was glad I had 4WD for the last couple of miles.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

We have hiked to Tidbits Mtn previously and wanted to repeat that same hike on the Gold Hill Trail. On September 17th we took Hwy 20 to Forest Road 2022 (Canyon Creek Road) and at 15.7 miles took Forest Road 1509. The Gold Hill Trailhead (which connects with Tidbits Trail) is .5 miles on the right hand side. But we chose to turn back after a couple miles into the hike. If you enjoy climbing over, under and around fallen trees and blazing your own trail through overgrown brush then this hiking trail is for you! We decided to tackle the Tidbits Mtn Trail again a few days later but this time we took Forest Road 2026 off Forest Road 2022 and drove 7.6 miles to spur road 335. Turn left on spur road 335 and travel 3.1 miles to the trailhead on the right. It was a beautiful day with beautiful views of the Cascade Mtn Range from the Tidbits Lookout. We decided to also hike down to where we turned around a few days earlier on the Gold Hill Trail...at the junction the Gold Hill Trail was difficult to find but we hiked on, following the pink ribbons in the brush, and eventually coming to our turnaround point. Again, if you plan to hike to Tidbits Mountain any time soon do not take the Gold Hill Trail as there are some very difficult parts on the 3.7 mile trail.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

incredible views from this one. Not a difficult hike with a quick payoff. The trail to the other peak is not too hard to find if you really look. We did not make it to the summit of that one though.

Monday, July 21, 2014

great views from the top. easy trail to follow. really enjoyed it.

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Wonderful trail, great view of the Cascades from the top!!

Saturday, November 02, 2013

This is a fairly easy hike that is rewarded by some nice views of the Three Sisters and the surrounding mountains. The last few feet are a scramble up a rocky pinnacle to the perch of what was an old lookout. It's the right hand (western) of the two peaks in the photo and the left-hand of the two points on that peak. I found following the road to the trail-head was a bit tricky so watch your map or your GPS. I'll put in a good word for the folks I did the hike with. This was a trail-work outing clearing downed logs and doing brushing with the "Scorpions," a volunteer crew out of the Eugene area. There is also a trail into the Tidbits from the south, but I've not done that one.