Three Sisters Wilderness Area Trails

Three Sisters Wilderness Area Trails is a 46.6 mile loop trail located near Sunriver, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

read samantha's review - hardly "easy" if you have to "bush whack" your way through and have gps guiding you.

I did this loop clockwise starting/ending at Lava Camp on the North End over two and a half days, July 18-20. Mileage per day: 16, 22, and 10. Although parts of the loop were "easy", other parts were very difficult. Lots of snow and very easy to lose the trail. Thankfully I had a good map and used my phone for GPS. The East side of the loop is recent forest fire remains up till about 4 miles before Green Lakes and could be skipped IMHO. Main issue with the map on this page is the southern section connecting East and West doesn't exist; it's an unmarked and unmaintained user tail that I bushwhacked my way through using my GPS. Thankfully was able to find the PCT at the southern end and actually follow a trail for the last half of the loop. The entirety of the PCT as well as the Green Lakes Trail coming up from the South were easy to follow and absolutely gorgeous!!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Monday, July 13, 2015

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This has probably been my most favorite hike. It has deep forests, lava flows, intensly beautiful meadows, mountain peaks, streams, waterfalls, and views to save your life. You won't regret this wonderful hike. My only regret was that I couldn't keep going past mile 8 due to a thunderstorm heading my way.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Excellent trail with amazing views, a waterfall, multiple springs, meadows, lakes, and lots of side trails to explore.

Monday, July 08, 2013

This is my very favorite area to hike. The possibilities are endless and you can camp out here. Its a bummer this isn't more specific, but at the same time, if it were there would be so many entries. Most of the time, you'll hike to a beautiful mountain lake.