Three Sisters Loop Trail

Three Sisters Loop Trail is a 32 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

A few friends and I backpacked this loop last August. We entered at the Devil’s lake trailhead and proceeded counter clockwise from there. We made it as far as camp lake which is a amazing side trip and worth the extra distance. Unfortunately, we were diverted from there due to a large wildfire north of Camp Lake. Rangers had closed the entire west side of the loop and were rerouting PCT hikers east and then south to avoid problems. We ended up circumnavigating Broken Top and cut the trip short. I will most certainly be going back to finish this loop. Be sure to secure permits for the Obsidian area in advance of your trip, they’re limited.

Loved Three-Sisters- although this trail is not 35 mi- it is 45-50 miles depending on your entry point. I hiked clock-wise over 3 days 3 nights beginning at Pole Creek- there is no camping in the burn area at Pole Creek until you reach your first unnamed lake. There was no campfires allowed in Deschutes when I was there- which was not long after the big fire. This may have changed but I would check before going. Green Lakes was amazing, I went swimming in the water and spent plenty of time enjoying myself there, as I suggest to anyone taking this loop! Obsidian Falls was beautiful as well, but again- you can't camp here without special permits. Collier Cone was a long ascent and had limited water- but we never ran out. Overall it was amazing and 10/10 would return.

my dad and i have done this, i think it was a little longer then 32 miles, i think it was more around 50. Best area ive seen i love it and look forward to going back in july.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Beautiful trail. I'll do it again

Thursday, December 10, 2015

This was a great loop hike. I would rate it in the moderate category rather then easy. I guess it would depend on how much time you have. Plan your trip carefully as there is no camping in the burn section.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Nice loop trip. I went counter-clockwise. There's no camping in the burn area on the East and Northeast parts of the loop, so be prepared for that. There's no water in the 6.1 miles between Matthieu Lakes and White Glacier Creek. Camped the last night at Sister's Mirror lake, which was lovely.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

One of the best backpacking areas that I have ever seen. You cannot have fires at Obsidian Springs, but camping nearby is a great idea because the water is the best I've ever tasted and doesn't need to be filtered! Absolutely beautiful every step of the way.