The Grotto

The Grotto is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Quite pretty but wait until spring. Flowers haven't bloomed quite yet.

Peaceful walk, paved trails and plenty of places to sit and think. Also a popular tourist stop.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Friday, April 08, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Good simple hike to the top of the butte. Good view of the city on the eastern side.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

It's very pretty. We went for the Christmas lights, and I've been there a few other times.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

It's beautiful, I've been in the springtime when the flowers are blooming and the winter with all the Christmas decorations. It's a must see to go up the elevator. Recommend especially for kids!

Friday, October 02, 2015

Worth it during Christmas, that's about it

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Did this one during a Christmas event. Not my cup of tea but the rocks were cool.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

very pretty with lots to see!

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It was very quiet. Nice paved walking paths. We paid for the elevator ride up to the gardens which was very pretty.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

We went on off season a few years back super peaceful will go back soon. Also did it during christmas but most the lower trail and didn't have the elerevator on so only can do the little bit of lower but the light very pretty but to many people for me loved it when we went off season. It's so peaceful and I felt close to God :) Hoping to do it again this year during off season. Somewhere between Feb-June I would think would be there off season small fee to get to top walking paths during off seasons (503) 254-7371 to find out elervator prices before going must do the top part. Must do no matter what religion so peaceful.