Terwilliger (Cougar) Hot Springs

Terwilliger (Cougar) Hot Springs is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

You have to go early or late because after noon, there is a lot of people. It was beautiful and the the water was nice.

We went twice in one week because we loved it so much. Our two year old loved it too. What a neat place! Beautiful hike and nice hot springs. I would advise going early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The first time we went was around 4p and it was perfectly shaded. Return trip was around 11a and sun was shining bright... plus it was the hottest week of the year = too warm for me. The cool stream and bottle of water were my friends.

I love this place!! One of my favorites. Hadn't been there in years though, so things may have changed.

So much fun! I decided to wear comfy sandals on the hike in and what a mistake! Don't do that. Other than that be prepared to pay to get into the hot springs a and prepare yourself for nudity. I cannot wait to return to this gem.

Great place to fornicate. Don't bring your kids

Lots of nudity! 5$ to get in. Pretty area and beautiful springs

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Long drive, curvy but pretty, in from main roads...mostly paved/maintained. Not too far in, walking. A few ups and downs on trail but it's relatively short. The pools were smaller and some shallower than I expected...top pool was closed due to rock fall, as of 2015.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

we went on Easter 3/27/16...I loved it, but would prefer to go on a week day when it is less busy. Also the Rangers said they have been having cougar problems so I would suggest not bringing your dog as the tie up area is no where in sight of the springs. it's also $6 a person.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It was amazing and magical. The Cougar Hot Springs were wonderful. They were about 94 when we went in them. Camped about 2 miles up from the hot springs and Cougar Campgrounds. The sound of the Mckenzie River as we slept was delightful. The next day we followed a creek on a hike up the mountain. We found a bunch of edible mushrooms Chantrelles and Hedgehogs. It was an amazing trip to the Willamette National Forest.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Easy, fun hike

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Easy hike, great pools. Middle pool is the best. Wasn't too crowded around noon on a Saturday.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nice easy trail, took about 10 minutes to walk to the springs. The springs were beautiful, there were 4 small pools to swim in. Clothing is optional. It was $6/per person to walk the trail. There was also a spot you could detour off the trail to walk down the hill and swum in the river.