Terwilliger (Cougar) Hot Springs [CLOSED]

Terwilliger (Cougar) Hot Springs [CLOSED] is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue River, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

hot springs

closed

5/8/2018: Access to Terwilliger (Cougar) Hot Springs from Hwy 126 is CLOSED due to a landslide on Forest Service Road 19 (Aufderheide Scenic Byway). The road closure will likely be in place for several months. Forest Order 06-18-01-18-06 Operational Hours: Day use only. Closed sundown to sunrise (strictly enforced). Closed Thursdays from 8 a.m. - 12 noon for cleaning. Day Pass - $7 per person, per day Annual Pass - $66 per year Fee area includes hot springs, trail, lagoon, and parking lot. On site payment option.

the most amazing of amazings, in my opinion. it is nature at it's finest, and the people who keep it maintained do a fine job of keeping it natural. please don't bring glass up there. it really sucks to step on broken glass. and don't be afraid to speak out to the disrespectful patrons that come up there to party, and leave their trash everywhere. this is something that should be preserved for our little ones, and their little ones as well. karma works at an accelerated pace up at cougar. you don't want to test mother nature up there, because she doesn't have problems flattening your tires, (all of them) or handing you your own ass in any form that instantly gratifies her. its an old primative forrest. and it knows no boundries, especially where idiot humans are concerned. no joke. respect it

Three pools, medium to small in size, hot as can be and ultimately refreshing! I love coming here to meditate.

You have to go early or late because after noon, there is a lot of people. It was beautiful and the the water was nice.

We went twice in one week because we loved it so much. Our two year old loved it too. What a neat place! Beautiful hike and nice hot springs. I would advise going early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The first time we went was around 4p and it was perfectly shaded. Return trip was around 11a and sun was shining bright... plus it was the hottest week of the year = too warm for me. The cool stream and bottle of water were my friends.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I love this place!! One of my favorites. Hadn't been there in years though, so things may have changed.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

So much fun! I decided to wear comfy sandals on the hike in and what a mistake! Don't do that. Other than that be prepared to pay to get into the hot springs a and prepare yourself for nudity. I cannot wait to return to this gem.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Great place to fornicate. Don't bring your kids

Friday, September 09, 2016

Lots of nudity! 5$ to get in. Pretty area and beautiful springs

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Long drive, curvy but pretty, in from main roads...mostly paved/maintained. Not too far in, walking. A few ups and downs on trail but it's relatively short. The pools were smaller and some shallower than I expected...top pool was closed due to rock fall, as of 2015.

Monday, March 28, 2016

we went on Easter 3/27/16...I loved it, but would prefer to go on a week day when it is less busy. Also the Rangers said they have been having cougar problems so I would suggest not bringing your dog as the tie up area is no where in sight of the springs. it's also $6 a person.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It was amazing and magical. The Cougar Hot Springs were wonderful. They were about 94 when we went in them. Camped about 2 miles up from the hot springs and Cougar Campgrounds. The sound of the Mckenzie River as we slept was delightful. The next day we followed a creek on a hike up the mountain. We found a bunch of edible mushrooms Chantrelles and Hedgehogs. It was an amazing trip to the Willamette National Forest.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Easy, fun hike

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Easy hike, great pools. Middle pool is the best. Wasn't too crowded around noon on a Saturday.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nice easy trail, took about 10 minutes to walk to the springs. The springs were beautiful, there were 4 small pools to swim in. Clothing is optional. It was $6/per person to walk the trail. There was also a spot you could detour off the trail to walk down the hill and swum in the river.

Friday, March 08, 2013

The trail is a piece of cake -hike it to get to the hot springs for a truly wonderful day.

Friday, June 29, 2012