Tamanawas Falls Trail

Tamanawas Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Hood, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A short hike into the waterfall. The falls itself is a large falls with a large dry cave behind the falls. Rocks can be very slippery when wet so make sure to watch your step. The dry cave makes for a great finish to the hike and a great place to eat your lunch.

This hike is amazing for snowshoeing! I look forward to do it again this year when winter comes around again.

This hike is absolutely gorgeous! The climb is not too steep and you'll see tons of little critters around. When I took the hike back in July there was a rock slide and the rocks had blocked the trail, but it was a fun adventure climbing up and around to get back to the trail to reach the falls. Upon reaching the falls, it is so serene and peaceful. It is a great spot even for a picnic and there are wood logs to sit on. The squirrels down by the waterfall run the place and are super friendly. It's quite an amazing oasis!

This hike till this day is one of my favorites no matter how short it was absolutely stunning and the scenery makes you feel as if your in a movie!!! Check out my pics and you will understand

seeing the falls was amazing, but climbing up behind it was even better! the climb to the cave behind the falls was a little scary because it’s so wet and there’s not a trail, just a bunch of rocks. just be sure to go slow and to always have a hold on one of the rocks. the rockslide before the falls is an obstacle but totally doable, again, just go slow and always have something to hold on to!

Great trail. The falls are totally worth the hike. Enjoyed scrambling over the landslide.

easy trail the reward is lovely at the end. Rock fall wasn't so bad for us to get over.

Perfect short hike with a giant payoff!

I guess I'm a 60-something wimp who needs to put "125 Hours" out of mind and try the darn rock scramble. I just got the ntimidated today became it was hard to get myself and my hiking poles up and over. I knew the falls were close, but I guess the scramble scrambled my nerve. Others seemed blasé about it. Maybe their bones are younger. The hike up to the slide features cool breeze and sounds from the river, and is easy to follow. It's not a trail for solitude, but it's not the Disney feel of some of the close to Portland big draws.