Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Molalla, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

old growth

Table Rock is at 4881 feet and offers some incredible views of the Cascades. The first 1.5 miles of the hike are on an old logging road. You will come to a landslide that wiped out part of the road, just work your way around it up through the trees and then work your way back down to the road. Go about another mile and keep your eyes open for the old trail on your right, its usually marked with rock piles. Once you are on this trail your next turn will be at the saddle, you can turn left to go to Table Rock or right to go out to Rooster rock. The trails are marked occasionally with ribbon and even some old blazes on the trees to help find the way if the snow covers the trail.

Just did this trail today, there was still snow on the ground after the hot weather the past few days. The rock field was tricky - some areas had snow that went up to our hips. So you definitely have to be careful. It was a great, adventurous trip though.

There is still a bunch of snow if you are not in the trees. We called it at the rock field due to snow depth. It might be another month before it clears out.

Beautiful hike through the woods to an amazing view of the mountains.

I completed this hike on 1/6/18 with a couple of friends. The snow in the Rock field was the most challenging part as it was hard to navigate through the trail while sinking in almost a foot of snow in some cases. It is still doable with regular hiking boots if you're up to the challenge. Bring warm clothes; gloves would help. I'd recommend checking the weather before hand too and be cautious and aware of the risks of hiking through ice and snow.

Reaching the trail head was a little confusing on it's own. If it weren't for another user who mentioned following the Table Rock trail sign with the black arrow, we wouldn't have found it. Follow your GPS to the trail as normal but once a few miles away, keep an eye out for the sign mentioned before. Simply follow that main gravel road (there are two forks I believe but remain on the road going up) and you'll reach the top of the road where the hike is. we

Easy quick hike Sunday 12/17/17. No others at trailhead. Took about 2.5 hours to top taking our time and navigating ice. Light snow on old road in beginning, patches of ice and snow on trail up. Snow around 8 inches deep at top. Managed hike using Yaktraks, but boulder field was a bit of a scramble. Trail easy to follow.

Snow on the boulder field bring micro spikes or yak tracks - still passable ! Perfect 10 day today ! Definitely able to make it to the top with our two pups ! Watch out if you put in “ table rock trailhead “ in your GPS you will miss your turn but there is a sign with a hard to read black arrow that will guide you up the right road ! ( posted a picture above) Some snow on road but nothing crazy ! Do it this week if you can !

Beautiful but we didn’t make it to the top due to lack of time. There was snow but still hikeable at the moment. Can’t imagine it will last much longer without proper snow hiking gear.

Table Mountain itself is beautiful. The view of Mt Hood + the rest at the top is beautiful. Not beautiful? The recent clearcuts surrounding the wilderness. Still, the view is worth it & would maybe be one of the best in the PDX area imho if it weren't for the bald forests. If it's clear, Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, the Three Sisters, Hood & Mt Jeff are all visible - especially the last two. Super nice.

Probably snow now, but great in early summer for wildflowers. Plus, one of the cleanest trailhead bathroom facilities I've seen in my life. You could practically eat off the floors (but uh... don't).

Great views of the Cascades on a clear day. Was not a fan of the giant horse flies all over the trail and at the top.

my wife and I stayed the night at the top in hammocks. not windy or too cold. sunrise was amazing.

Excellent views from top and in the trail. Variety of flowers and trails

Loved this trail. The views from the top could have been so much prettier had the air not been filled with smoke from all of the wildfires, but it was gorgeous nonetheless. The boulder field was fun...enjoyed the different aspects to this trail.

At 4,881 feet, it's the tallest peak within the wilderness area where it seats offering up amazing views for us from The Three Sisters up to Mount St. Helens. On clear days I've heard you can see all the way to Mt. Shasta in northern California. We enjoyed an amazing sunset over the Cascade Range that made for brilliant colors with all the smoke from the wild fires going on. We setup our hammocks in some trees with some help from a large bush and creeping pine we had a protective barrier from the exposed ridge next to us just a bit below the summit. We made a hearty spaghetti on our stoves with fresh veggies pre cut up and seasonings and some tomato paste for a delicious saucey mountain top dinner! Slept/laid in my hammock from 1am-6am. The air was still and warm and most the night I wasn't even in my sleeping bag. It was enjoyable with the sounds of spotted owls further down the mountain and the full moon making its way across the sky though. Out of the hammock at 6:15 to watch the sunrise. With the still air over night the smoke moved back in and shrouded our views of Mount Jefferson and Hood unfortunately but it was still beautiful. We then spent some time exploring around the summit, this mountain is awesome! After that we had some breakfast, packed up camp and proceeded back down the trail. Had some incredible hummingbirds following me for awhile pausing on branches from time to time in front of me or hover within feet and buzzing by, it was incredible. Half way down we found a spring making puddles in the dry creek bed, what a sight as we were getting thirsty after using the rest of our water with breakfast and the next available water was towards the bottom only a mile from the car. We filtered it out because of pine needles and bugs on top of the surface but boy it was the clearest, best tasting, most refreshing water ever! Feeling hydrated again we made our way down the rest of the trail stopping to observe two woodpeckers busy at work before arriving back to the trailhead. We also enjoyed some wild edibles along the way including: wood sorrel, fireweed, huckleberry, salmonberry, thimbleberry, and blackberry. This hike was sweet!!!

Loved it! Not too many people hiking it which made it nice. It doesn't seem like it would be worth the hike but once you are at the top and can see everything for miles you'll know it's worth it.

This was an awesome hike and a great workout! Beautiful views throughout. I look forward to doing this again.. truly beautiful!

I loved the elevation gain and the view of 11 mountains once you reach the top was spectacular! Wild flowers were blooming.
Although there is a sign that marks a fork in the road for the trailhead it doesn't specify which one to take: veer right!

Oh my gosh, this is amazing :) Definitely something to plan for though, good shoes, plan on getting dirty and tired. It's June and we hiked through a little mud and a big chunk of snow. I would say it's a little harder then a moderate hike. It's pretty up hill at some points, but when you get there it's so worth it! I can't wait to go again! More exploring next time!

Monday, May 22, 2017

more snow than expected approx 1 mile into the trailhead. it was beautiful.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

5/8/17
Road signs up to trailhead are missing their white arrows at junctions, so look carefully.
Trail starts out clear, but 1/2 mile in you start to encounter snow up to a few feet deep. After following the old road for a little over a mile, you'll cross a large stream, trail starts in the forest to the right just past this around the curve (easy to miss). Trail is not marked (saw a few pink ribbons/cut trunks) and is still covered in snow (gps and map help). We left cairns where we could, but turned back after a few miles as snowshoes were needed higher up. New vault toilet at trailhead has yet to be installed/unlocked.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

why is this marked with off road driving?

Sunday, March 05, 2017

love the view from the top. Beautiful.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

awesome views!

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Fantastic hike with some great views! Would definitely do it again.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Worth every step. Trail is well maintained and the views are spectacular.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Amazing views today! About 2 hours up and 1.5 down. Perfect weather and great access on road in as well. Will be back for sure.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

This is a fantastic hike! I've done it several times, but actually camped on top for the first time on 08/23/2016 and that was pretty incredible. The sunset and sunrise were amazing and the stars were incredible. I would highly recommend this trail anytime. On a clear day you can see Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainer, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the Three Sisters.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Challenging hike but very rewarding. Beautiful views from the top.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

beautiful

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Breathtaking! I've done this hike a couple times and both times it was amazing. It's pretty neat the way you hike the front side of table rock at the bad then hike up the backside to the top. Definitely a less crowded hike which helps make the sights more worth it!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Wow, what a treat that was. It always amazes me how many hours that must have been put in to create such a beautiful trail.