Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Molalla, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2063 feet

off road driving

old growth

Table Rock is at 4881 feet and offers some incredible views of the Cascades. The first 1.5 miles of the hike are on an old logging road. You will come to a landslide that wiped out part of the road, just work your way around it up through the trees and then work your way back down to the road. Go about another mile and keep your eyes open for the old trail on your right, its usually marked with rock piles. Once you are on this trail your next turn will be at the saddle, you can turn left to go to Table Rock or right to go out to Rooster rock. The trails are marked occasionally with ribbon and even some old blazes on the trees to help find the way if the snow covers the trail.

my wife and I stayed the night at the top in hammocks. not windy or too cold. sunrise was amazing.

Excellent views from top and in the trail. Variety of flowers and trails

Loved this trail. The views from the top could have been so much prettier had the air not been filled with smoke from all of the wildfires, but it was gorgeous nonetheless. The boulder field was fun...enjoyed the different aspects to this trail.

At 4,881 feet, it's the tallest peak within the wilderness area where it seats offering up amazing views for us from The Three Sisters up to Mount St. Helens. On clear days I've heard you can see all the way to Mt. Shasta in northern California. We enjoyed an amazing sunset over the Cascade Range that made for brilliant colors with all the smoke from the wild fires going on. We setup our hammocks in some trees with some help from a large bush and creeping pine we had a protective barrier from the exposed ridge next to us just a bit below the summit. We made a hearty spaghetti on our stoves with fresh veggies pre cut up and seasonings and some tomato paste for a delicious saucey mountain top dinner! Slept/laid in my hammock from 1am-6am. The air was still and warm and most the night I wasn't even in my sleeping bag. It was enjoyable with the sounds of spotted owls further down the mountain and the full moon making its way across the sky though. Out of the hammock at 6:15 to watch the sunrise. With the still air over night the smoke moved back in and shrouded our views of Mount Jefferson and Hood unfortunately but it was still beautiful. We then spent some time exploring around the summit, this mountain is awesome! After that we had some breakfast, packed up camp and proceeded back down the trail. Had some incredible hummingbirds following me for awhile pausing on branches from time to time in front of me or hover within feet and buzzing by, it was incredible. Half way down we found a spring making puddles in the dry creek bed, what a sight as we were getting thirsty after using the rest of our water with breakfast and the next available water was towards the bottom only a mile from the car. We filtered it out because of pine needles and bugs on top of the surface but boy it was the clearest, best tasting, most refreshing water ever! Feeling hydrated again we made our way down the rest of the trail stopping to observe two woodpeckers busy at work before arriving back to the trailhead. We also enjoyed some wild edibles along the way including: wood sorrel, fireweed, huckleberry, salmonberry, thimbleberry, and blackberry. This hike was sweet!!!

Loved it! Not too many people hiking it which made it nice. It doesn't seem like it would be worth the hike but once you are at the top and can see everything for miles you'll know it's worth it.

This was an awesome hike and a great workout! Beautiful views throughout. I look forward to doing this again.. truly beautiful!

I loved the elevation gain and the view of 11 mountains once you reach the top was spectacular! Wild flowers were blooming.
Although there is a sign that marks a fork in the road for the trailhead it doesn't specify which one to take: veer right!

Oh my gosh, this is amazing :) Definitely something to plan for though, good shoes, plan on getting dirty and tired. It's June and we hiked through a little mud and a big chunk of snow. I would say it's a little harder then a moderate hike. It's pretty up hill at some points, but when you get there it's so worth it! I can't wait to go again! More exploring next time!

more snow than expected approx 1 mile into the trailhead. it was beautiful.