Sweet Creek Trail

Sweet Creek Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mapleton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Easy hike along Sweet Creek passes by a ton of waterfalls, with majestic Sweet Creek Falls as a grand finale. In this Coast Range valley, the Sweet Creek Trail follows the scenic cascading waters of Sweet Creek. Each waterfall is framed by mossy rocks and ferns and under a canopy of Douglas-fir, Alder, and Big leaf maple.

10 minutes ago

Absolutely serene, gorgeous, and amazing. Great trail, lots to see, songbirds, and amazing water sights and sounds.

This was a great short hike, easy for all

Beautiful!

Beautiful hike. I would suggest getting there by 10 am to beat the crowds. This time of year it was dried up quite a bit so the waterfàlls don't look as powerful. Next time I will go at the very beginning of Sumner.

The map displayed in the homestead trailhead suggests that after reaching Sweet Creek Falls one can go east and get to Beaver Creek falls. The trick is that in order to get there, one should cross the creek in Sweet Falls area and take the trail uphill. Of course, one can simply drive south and hike to Beaver Falls from the bridge.

This is one of our favorite trails. We have visited Sweet Creek in every season and it is beautiful every time. Fun to see the water a bit lower so we could explore on the rocks. Parking is limited so arrive before 10:30 am on the weekend.

My friend and I hiked this trail today after a long day hiking Kentucky Falls and then on to the Florence for some RR! I must say that it has been years since we had visited this marvelous little wonder!! It’s funny the beauty you can miss with kids, dogs and too many people. Soooo glad we stopped on our way out!! What a great way to end our day!! It is definitely a “Must Go!!” Next time we will go out to picnic!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Well maintained and great for kids. My 5 and 8 year old nephews loved it and all the waterfalls!

We were confused when we got to the trailhead because there was separate parking for Homestead and Sweet Creek Falls. We parked at the Sweet Creek Falls lot, which is not the complete trail that is described. It worked out great, though, because today was very busy, and when we got to the falls, there was only another small group there. We back-tracked on the trail towards the Homestead lot (three times as many people there than when we arrived 45 minutes before!) and then made our way back. Lots of small, beautiful waterfalls along the way.

Awesome trail!

Beautiful trail! Waterfall after waterfall.

Gorgeous gorgeous hike!!! You follow a ton of rapids and “mini” waterfalls

Love love love this place!

Great hike. Easy. Dog friendly.

I hiked this with my chihuahua. She loved it, however, I had to pick her up on the catwalks. I’ve never seen so many waterfalls on one hike. I hiked this the day after Christmas and was the only car/person there. I found good sized piles of white fur on the trail. Have no idea what it was from, it was very coarse/thick...

This trail is off the beaten path on the way to the Oregon coast, just off hwy 126 before Mapleton. With that said it still gets busy. I arrived at 9am and had the place to myself, but as I was leaving the small parking lot was filling fast. The trail is family friendly and fairly easy as you meander through older growth and ferns on a dry path. Along the way you find catwalks anchored directly into the rocks along the banks, with the river flowing just below as you walk.
With a few falls along the way and a great payoff falls at the end, this trail is worth a stop on your way to the coast.

One of my favorite lil hikes. Overcrowded but still magical!!

Beautiful hike. Easy, well maintained.

Beautiful hike - waterfalls throughout did not disappoint

its a really nice trail for all ages with multiple ways to get there

Beautiful! Love the waterfalls! Definitely recommend!

We went there yesterday it was a perfect day overcast but not raining. It’s a beautiful walk the whole way. Trail is maintained and it’s beautiful!

We did this hike in the heights of the 2017 fire season. We drove over to Mapleton from Eugene because of the thick smoke layer in the Cascade range and lower Willamette valley. While the trail is a little busier than I prefer, it was a great hike and not too overly crowded.

Our friends brought their small dog, and others on the trail had theirs as well. There were no issues. The hike is honestly easy with no major climbs or obstructions. The stair stepped creek and falls were surpassed in natural splendor only by the surroundings.

This trail is easy and is full of beautiful waterfalls the whole way. There's also a trail to head to Beaver Creek falls! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtA9sK5zNg

Beautiful! Our favorite part of our Oregon coast trip. Even in the middle of winter it was colorful and alive. Very easy. Got a little crowded on the way out so go early. Easy for any age. Don't turn around before you get to the end! We almost missed the last waterfall because we weren't sure if we had already passed it. There are multiple cool areas and waterfalls along the trail.

I’ve always enjoyed this trail! Love it even more now that I’m retired since I can go when everyone else is in school and/or working... my dogs are not bothered by the grates. Summer hikes are great with grandkids as we can play in the creek. Dogs love that part, too, but don’t seem to care about the season.

This hike is gorgeous!!❤️

This trail is amazing! From beginning to end it was beautiful, well maintained and every corner had a stunning river view. It was raining when we went and I'd do it again. But can't wait for a partly sunny day for more photography opportunities.
Easy trail as advertised. :)

Quiet trail with rushing waterfalls. A well maintained path with a nice viewpoint at the end.

What a beautiful and very easy trail to hike. Its awesome because the falls are there with you the whole hike, pretty much. The most fun I have had ever! Saw a gigantic salamander. So much fun! My 8 month old son was on my husbands back in the back pack! just loved it! :)