Sweet Creek Trail

Sweet Creek Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mapleton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Easy hike along Sweet Creek passes by a ton of waterfalls, with majestic Sweet Creek Falls as a grand finale. In this Coast Range valley, the Sweet Creek Trail follows the scenic cascading waters of Sweet Creek. Each waterfall is framed by mossy rocks and ferns and under a canopy of Douglas-fir, Alder, and Big leaf maple.

Beautiful trail! Waterfall after waterfall.

Gorgeous gorgeous hike!!! You follow a ton of rapids and “mini” waterfalls

Love love love this place!

Great hike. Easy. Dog friendly.

I hiked this with my chihuahua. She loved it, however, I had to pick her up on the catwalks. I’ve never seen so many waterfalls on one hike. I hiked this the day after Christmas and was the only car/person there. I found good sized piles of white fur on the trail. Have no idea what it was from, it was very coarse/thick...

This trail is off the beaten path on the way to the Oregon coast, just off hwy 126 before Mapleton. With that said it still gets busy. I arrived at 9am and had the place to myself, but as I was leaving the small parking lot was filling fast. The trail is family friendly and fairly easy as you meander through older growth and ferns on a dry path. Along the way you find catwalks anchored directly into the rocks along the banks, with the river flowing just below as you walk.
With a few falls along the way and a great payoff falls at the end, this trail is worth a stop on your way to the coast.

One of my favorite lil hikes. Overcrowded but still magical!!

Beautiful hike. Easy, well maintained.

Beautiful hike - waterfalls throughout did not disappoint

its a really nice trail for all ages with multiple ways to get there

Beautiful! Love the waterfalls! Definitely recommend!

We went there yesterday it was a perfect day overcast but not raining. It’s a beautiful walk the whole way. Trail is maintained and it’s beautiful!

We did this hike in the heights of the 2017 fire season. We drove over to Mapleton from Eugene because of the thick smoke layer in the Cascade range and lower Willamette valley. While the trail is a little busier than I prefer, it was a great hike and not too overly crowded.

Our friends brought their small dog, and others on the trail had theirs as well. There were no issues. The hike is honestly easy with no major climbs or obstructions. The stair stepped creek and falls were surpassed in natural splendor only by the surroundings.

This trail is easy and is full of beautiful waterfalls the whole way. There's also a trail to head to Beaver Creek falls! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtA9sK5zNg

Beautiful! Our favorite part of our Oregon coast trip. Even in the middle of winter it was colorful and alive. Very easy. Got a little crowded on the way out so go early. Easy for any age. Don't turn around before you get to the end! We almost missed the last waterfall because we weren't sure if we had already passed it. There are multiple cool areas and waterfalls along the trail.

I’ve always enjoyed this trail! Love it even more now that I’m retired since I can go when everyone else is in school and/or working... my dogs are not bothered by the grates. Summer hikes are great with grandkids as we can play in the creek. Dogs love that part, too, but don’t seem to care about the season.

This hike is gorgeous!!❤️

This trail is amazing! From beginning to end it was beautiful, well maintained and every corner had a stunning river view. It was raining when we went and I'd do it again. But can't wait for a partly sunny day for more photography opportunities.
Easy trail as advertised. :)

Quiet trail with rushing waterfalls. A well maintained path with a nice viewpoint at the end.

What a beautiful and very easy trail to hike. Its awesome because the falls are there with you the whole hike, pretty much. The most fun I have had ever! Saw a gigantic salamander. So much fun! My 8 month old son was on my husbands back in the back pack! just loved it! :)

Very beautiful trail and scenery. The waterfall isn't that big but it's still absolutely gorgeous! A must if you haven't been before for sure.

wow! took my oldest daughter and it will be a memory to cherish!

Very beautiful this time of year.. the entire hike is along the water and it’s all waterfalls!!

Did this last year in April with my mom, sister (9) and son (2) on our way over to the coast. Very pretty and family friendly.. easy rainy day hike

Beautiful hike!

The trail follows the creek, with many scenic spots. Its like a waterfall version of a greatest hits album, the beautiful spots just keep on coming. The trail is easily traversed and the only a few people even during the summer. The only real negative would be the limited viewing from the trail. Even with many great sites, it is often hard to get the optimum view.

Take the full hike. It is well worth it. Beautiful sights to behold and music for the ears to hear of water. Many roots and stones so caution must be used. I hope to do it again some day.

Great trail for our first hike. Only down side was that people left their small bags after cleaning up form their dogs. amazing views and great water falls.

Easy hike and beautiful scenery!

This place just became my most favorite hike of all time! Easy to moderate forested trial. Dog friendly. Lots of wildlife from snakes, birds, chipmunks, lizards and fish. DOZENS of waterfalls! Fern/moss wall heaven! Mostly shaded with some people. Mosquitos were also not an issue. Catwalk along the mountain side was just scary enough to be exciting but not "turn around" scary, of course depending on your fear of heights. Almost wish the trail was harder to keep more people away! Doable for kids as well. Bathroom also located at the start of trail.