Sweet Creek Trail

Sweet Creek Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mapleton, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Easy hike along Sweet Creek passes by a ton of waterfalls, with majestic Sweet Creek Falls as a grand finale. In this Coast Range valley, the Sweet Creek Trail follows the scenic cascading waters of Sweet Creek. Each waterfall is framed by mossy rocks and ferns and under a canopy of Douglas-fir, Alder, and Big leaf maple.

I’ve always enjoyed this trail! Love it even more now that I’m retired since I can go when everyone else is in school and/or working... my dogs are not bothered by the grates. Summer hikes are great with grandkids as we can play in the creek. Dogs love that part, too, but don’t seem to care about the season.

This hike is gorgeous!!❤️

This trail is amazing! From beginning to end it was beautiful, well maintained and every corner had a stunning river view. It was raining when we went and I'd do it again. But can't wait for a partly sunny day for more photography opportunities.
Easy trail as advertised. :)

Quiet trail with rushing waterfalls. A well maintained path with a nice viewpoint at the end.

What a beautiful and very easy trail to hike. Its awesome because the falls are there with you the whole hike, pretty much. The most fun I have had ever! Saw a gigantic salamander. So much fun! My 8 month old son was on my husbands back in the back pack! just loved it! :)

Very beautiful trail and scenery. The waterfall isn't that big but it's still absolutely gorgeous! A must if you haven't been before for sure.

wow! took my oldest daughter and it will be a memory to cherish!

Very beautiful this time of year.. the entire hike is along the water and it’s all waterfalls!!

Did this last year in April with my mom, sister (9) and son (2) on our way over to the coast. Very pretty and family friendly.. easy rainy day hike

Beautiful hike!

The trail follows the creek, with many scenic spots. Its like a waterfall version of a greatest hits album, the beautiful spots just keep on coming. The trail is easily traversed and the only a few people even during the summer. The only real negative would be the limited viewing from the trail. Even with many great sites, it is often hard to get the optimum view.

Take the full hike. It is well worth it. Beautiful sights to behold and music for the ears to hear of water. Many roots and stones so caution must be used. I hope to do it again some day.

Great trail for our first hike. Only down side was that people left their small bags after cleaning up form their dogs. amazing views and great water falls.

Easy hike and beautiful scenery!