beach

This is definitely one of my favorite trails I've ever been to! Park at the South parking lot of sunset bay along cape arago highway, cross over the small footbridge in the parking lot and head south! The trail isn't extremely well marked, but as long as you hug the coast line you'll be ok. If you feel lost at any time, it's pretty simple to either go towards the coast, or the road. ..I do believe at one point, you must walk along the roadside to get to the next portion, shortly in between the start of where you're almost at the gardens. We didn't even make it to cape arago park on the southern most area, although we did see the lighthouse so that part was a little confusing as well. Keep your eye out for baby seals and sea lions and their families! they almost blend right into the rocks so if you don't look carefully, you may not even see em! the garden was lovely. This whole place was gorgeous, and so is Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston, and the rest of our beautiful Oregon Coast. If you only have time for one trail in Oregon, make it this one!!