Storey Burn Loop Trail

Storey Burn Loop Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Timber, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

1981 feet

Trialhead marker was taped off and said the trail was temporarily closed due to logging. Didn't say when it would open again.

This moderate trail is great for trail running! And the creek is perfect for soaking those sore joints while you're at it.

The path is narrow and subject to muddiness in wet weather, but today was warm and dry and beautiful. The trail is situated on the side a steep hill and the views are breathtaking. The plant life is very diverse with lots of bracken ferns, huckleberry, thimbleberry, salal, and sorrel. The path has a nice balance of shade and sun. My 7-year old daughter had a great time.

Great hike! From the trail head we headed to the right, from the wooden sign. We hiked out and back about 5 miles total. Trail was clear and dry. Dogs loved it!

Nice hike from storey burn trail head to MC area today. Trail was clear.

this was my favorite local go to biking trail! I would take the gravel road to the story burn day use area. you're essentially at the top. I've done it as a loop but usually as an out and back. from the top day use area you can access the trail to the right (looking at the wooden Map sign). this takes you down a great and smooth downhill ride with beautiful scenery!! only issue is I've done it as quick as 15 minutes once I got comfortable with the trail (totally worth it though!) at the bottom trail continues straight but I would go right over the bridge and this soon ends in gales Greek campground. if you enjoy pain you can go up the summit trail from the campground or shuttle/hitch or what I did most, hike/bike back the way I came....the other option from the top is to go left (looking at the wooden sign) this side is fun as well but eventually drops in to some grown in wet area before opening up in to a forested area that then leads to university falls. the exploration aspect of this side of the trail was fun but the biking was not quite as smooth and fast....

Friday, September 02, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Monday, October 20, 2014

This 8.1 mile 'loop' ended up being 12+ miles. We never found the 'loop' (: ended up by University Falls. Then tried to go through Rogers Camp to follow Gales Creek Trail. Never found the trailhead so had to go back the way we came. Bring a map, and lots of water.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oh boy. A little more then I bargained for today. It had some beautiful scenery but the elevation up and downs are a killer. It also had a lot of bicyclist. Bring lots of water!

Monday, December 26, 2011