Stahlman Point Trail

Stahlman Point Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Detroit, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

snowboarding

old growth

Directions from Detroit: From Detroit Ranger Station travel east on Hwy. 22 for 4.5 miles; turn right onto Blowout Road #10; go about 3.5 miles to trailhead.

Beautiful views of Mount Jefferson & Detroit Lake. Trail is in fantastic condition. Made it up to the top in 35 min & didn't see another person the entire hike.

Was a clear day with a beautiful view!

Great hike and fantastic view!

My wife and I snowshoed Stahlman early March. The bottom half we hiked and the top half snowshoed. It's actually a decent trail for snowshoeing. Don't expect too much of a view in the winter unless you purposely choose a clear day. It peacefully snowed on us at the point but we were mostly socked in and only able to see the deep blues and greens of Detroit below. I get the impression it's a well-used trail during the summer months with the trailhead being so close to the campgrounds and assessable from the main road. So plan accordingly if you're like me and have a particular affinity for less busy trails. I rate this hike as easy-moderate in difficulty.

Fantastic view at the top!! Definitely a workout- but the views are amazing. It's kind of a scramble getting up and down the last 50 ft or so- it's all rock. As of 11/30 there is no snow

great hike and beautiful view

Beautiful view at the top! ❤️

such a rewarding hike. It's a tough, steep in that made us wonder if we were cut out for it but once you get to the switchbacks you're so close! The air changes, the wind finds you and your view starts to expand. Mt. Jefferson was hiding behind clouds but the view was amazing nonetheless. The trip out was the easiest stroll compared to the in. Have fun!

Great 2.5 mile hike each way! We had 2 dogs (one 4 month old pup) with us so it took us a little longer than if we had left them at home, but they did great and had no problem getting up and back down. The few is definitely worth it! I'd say be prepared for a pretty steady upward trek though :)

Very nice hike. All up in but not that bad. Very nice view at top. Trail was marked good at trail head and on the trip. Should be on the list of do's.