Stahlman Point Trail

Stahlman Point Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Detroit, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

snowboarding

old growth

Directions from Detroit: From Detroit Ranger Station travel east on Hwy. 22 for 4.5 miles; turn right onto Blowout Road #10; go about 3.5 miles to trailhead.

Awesome hike! Somewhat challenging as I'm a bit out of shape but well worth the effort for the breathtaking views on top!

Beautiful views of Mount Jefferson & Detroit Lake. Trail is in fantastic condition. Made it up to the top in 35 min & didn't see another person the entire hike.

Was a clear day with a beautiful view!

Great hike and fantastic view!

My wife and I snowshoed Stahlman early March. The bottom half we hiked and the top half snowshoed. It's actually a decent trail for snowshoeing. Don't expect too much of a view in the winter unless you purposely choose a clear day. It peacefully snowed on us at the point but we were mostly socked in and only able to see the deep blues and greens of Detroit below. I get the impression it's a well-used trail during the summer months with the trailhead being so close to the campgrounds and assessable from the main road. So plan accordingly if you're like me and have a particular affinity for less busy trails. I rate this hike as easy-moderate in difficulty.

Fantastic view at the top!! Definitely a workout- but the views are amazing. It's kind of a scramble getting up and down the last 50 ft or so- it's all rock. As of 11/30 there is no snow