We explored here in May and the weather could not have been more perfect. At first we drove past the designated parking area, wondering what was further down the road. If you do that, it will take you to the other smaller lake that has a trail, but not around the whole lake like the other one. We didn't stay long at this spot, just long enough to check out the first picnic spot by the lake which was filled with bugs. So we got back in the car and went back to the designated parking area and walked down towards the big lake (pretty short walk).

The first opening at the lake had great views, but again, tons of bugs. There was also a LOT of dog poop, so I took some time to pick it all up so my kids didn't have to worry about stepping in it. The dog and kids played in the water a bit here and then we decided to start the walk around the lake. I wish we would have walked to the right earlier, because there are much better spots to relax and swim at. And there were hardly any bugs flying in our face at the other spots.

We walked around the whole lake and noticed 4 different spots with rope swings. They are in spots best suited for ages 10 and up in my opinion. But still fun to at least check out, even with little kids. I thought spot #9 was the prettiest swing spot. The water was pretty clear here and we could see lots of fish swimming around.

We had the place all to ourselves and had so much fun. If you are going in the spring or summer, don't forget your bug spray!