Spencer Butte Trail

Spencer Butte Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Eugene, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is very well maintained but also super muddy if there’s a good rain before you go. If you don’t like to be around a bunch of people when you hike, I wouldn’t recommend this one. There were a lot of people when I did it. But the views were beautiful.

Went at dusk and took a flashlight. Only saw one person going up. It was a great hike for a Saturday evening.

Moderate with steps at the top. Started in the dark and saw the sunrise. Breathtaking views. Highly recommend . Not many people on a early Monday morning in oct

This trail is very crowded on a Saturday but fun. If you are not pretty fit you will huff and puff on the way up. The footing is a bit slippery but all in all the trip is worth it.

A first for our family! Enjoyed immensely!

There is an easy side and a hard side. If you take the hard side pay attention to where you are going. It is easy to lose the trail at the top and follow the super hard path. Still tons of fun and a nice short hike with a great view. The trail leading up is also beautiful and worth stopping to look around every now and again.

It's definitely a moderate hike. Be prepared for a lot of people, especially on a beautiful day. The steps at the top are the most challenging part. Take trekking poles if you've got them!

Love it

I hike this beauty every Friday!!! Right before sunrise!!!

Love this Butte , I hike it every week. The squirrels at the top are very friendly and will sit in your lap and eat lunch with you. My favorite hiking destination in the Eugene/Springfield area.

Very populated so don't pick this one if you're looking for a quiet place to think. The trial itself is beautiful and well cared for. It's a great uphill workout and dog friendly. I'll definitely hike this one again!

Very popular spot.

This is a great trail that stats out easy, and gets hard at the end (stairs).

I hiked this trail for the first time today. I met some wonderful people, and I took my time to take in the view at the summit. I'm a big guy so I had to take a few breathers on my way up, but it is definitely doable. All around a great trail.

I took my 9 month old granddaughter on my back, my dog, and my 6 year old granddaughter. We had a great time.

Love this hike been doing it for years. I don't hike it anymore because too many people.

The longer trail starting at the first parking lot before the main trailhead parking lot is great if you're looking to add a few more miles to an already beautiful and convenient hike near Eugene.

Beautiful summit views! Lots of people on trail around 7pm.

Great view at the summit. We will be doing this one again.

I enjoy hiking up and seeing the tremendous view at the end. However, I don't particularly like walking down steep steps... so 3 out of 5 for the steep slope stairs down.