Sparks Lake Trail

Sparks Lake Trail is a 19.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sunriver, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Bend: Travel 26.2 miles west on Cascade Lakes Highway (46), then 0.2 miles south on F.S. Rd. 4600 400, to reach the Spark Lake Trailhead and the beginning of the trail.

This is the most beautiful hike I've ever done! Sooo many different views of mountains, water, rock formations, and spectacular nature! We found a secret place to hang out - just ours!! We can't wait to return...

Easy beautiful hike. Today we escaped all the smoke of forest fires. So refreshing. Very alpine.

Amazing views from Sparks Lake. You don't even need to hike to see South Sister looming over the lake. Tons of people on the water and around the lake on a weekend in July. Trail take you around the area and offers multiple views of Sparks Lake, South Sister, and Broken Top. A must do if in the area.

Beautiful setting. I vacant see why Ray Atkeson liked it so much!! Very easy hike.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The sun was shining, birds chirping, chipmunks scurrying across the trail. God's amazing glory was all around. Life doesn't get much better than this. Get out and make memories of your own. I posted a picture of my kids holding hands admiring the mountains. Too cute.

Paved trails plenty of parking.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What a beautiful place!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Friday, September 05, 2014

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Perfect for elders and kids. Fun places to stop and enjoy the view or put your feet in the water

Sunday, August 18, 2013

canoeing
Monday, July 08, 2013

This is an easy trail and very family friendly. I personally don't love it here because I'm an avid hiker and this spot tends to be more amateur friendly and busy. In fact, part of the trail is actually paved, which attracts a lot of people who are not very comfortable in the outdoors and are looking for that exact kind of hike. People also seem to be very afraid of dogs out there, both my boyfriend and I have noticed on the paved trail that people seem to be afraid of dogs, even when they are on leashes, harnessed and completely minding their own business. Not my cup of tea. However, Sparks Lake is beautiful (kind of chilly), and a wonderful place for canoeing and kayaking. I would just rather be on the water than hike around the edge here.