South Hills Ridgeline Trail

South Hills Ridgeline Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eugene, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Smooth and fast...great biking trail. The forest is gorgeous.

Beautiful trails. Well kept. Friendly people. Not too steep or difficult. Easy enough for the younger kids and lots of wildflowers.

It was a relaxing hike, a little short but great for a trail run. It was nice a nice walk but I would have liked to have a viewpoint at the end.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

great fun quick hike through beautiful forest.

Monday, July 17, 2017

perfect for a run

Thursday, May 25, 2017

We've done this trail system many times. Some portions we've mountain biked but my go-to is the Blanton to Fox Hollow portion. It's a great easy hike and if you're a runner it's a nice running trail.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I enjoy all the different possibilities for this trail system. Depending on how hard or easy of a hike you want to do, you can select different routes and starting locations for variety and not get bored with the same trail over and over again.

Monday, May 22, 2017

This hike is shaded and easy.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Great for kids and trail running.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Awesome trail. Easy hike to Spencer's Butte.

Friday, January 13, 2017

The hike is okay, easy trail. It's usually a busy area though. Also my car window was broken out in the parking area so beware of thieves!!!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Easy, peaceful hike through the woods.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

KKEP YOUR DOGS ON A LEASH! I run this trail nearly 3 times a week and 99% of the dogs are off leash even though the trails are CLEARLY marked saying dogs must be kept on a leash. Well, of course some asshat owner brings an aggressive dog to a 3' wide trail and I got bit! She had leashed the dog to let another runner pass, and she didn't see that runner was running towards me, so I stopped to let that runner pass and as he did, the owner bent down, unleashed her dog and it turned and nailed my calf - BAM. Thank god I was standing still or it would have be serious tearing of flesh! Super aggressive dog. Was growling at me the whole time she was trying to give me the rabies tag info as blood was coming down my leg. I was so pissed at this woman! Lane County and Eugene City have a law that ALL dog bites that draw blood must be reported to the police and animal control. So I did. And I'll be sending her my Urgent Care bill as well. KEEP YOUR DOGS LEASHED!

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Nice trail. Took our black lab. Good mix of uphill/downhill but not too difficult. Went at 8 am on Saturday in August. Came across about 6 other parties. Several dogs. Please keep your dogs on leashes even if well trained.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Great trail. I'll go again

Friday, April 08, 2016

good quick walk.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Great trail ! Only downside it is heavily used. But everyone is very friendly.( it is Eiugene after all)

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Well loved by pet owners, a great walk rain or shine, but especially gorgeous if you're willing to trek through on a misty, rainy kind of day.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Absolutely love this gem of a trail right in town! Doesn't "feel" hard when you're doing it, but your body will certainly get a work out. Love being in the trees so hiking on warmer days is not out of the question. I've done re whole trail and love each section for different reasons!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Haven't done entire ridges one trails system year but I'll finish up next week and post more picks. We got little over three miles done last Saturday 10:00am in the morning we ran into 2 people great views beautiful forest. Makes one remember how great Eugene Springfied can be for us outdoor ladies

Thursday, January 01, 2015

New Trail Note: there is a new trail connecting the Dillard West and Dillard East trailheads that is NOT present on the leaflets of the Ridgeline trail system and map found at many trailheads. No doubt this will be updated when the new run of leaflets is produced. In the meantime, you can find the updated map online here: https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/3474
This .6 miles trail is well designed and a great improvement on having to walk .4 miles along Dillard Road.
----
From the Blanton ridge trailhead to the Spring Boulevard trailhead via Spencer Butte, this is a 14 miles out and back hike. I was out on December 31st in "invigorating" weather with temperatures between 20 and 30. With the right gear and a dry and sunny day, the whole day was really a treat. With so many trail sections and very little streets crossing, the hike can easily be tailored to experience, stamina, age of the hiker and the available amount of time for the hike.
Yes, there is very little chance to experience a great amount of solitude (many section are multi-use and dog walkers, runners, bikers will share the trail with you)... but isn't it treat to be able to spend a whole day hiking in December, with 8 hours of daylight, with a 20mn commute home! Kudos to the folks that, many years ago, thought about preserving this space at the edge of the city.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Great close in city hike. We hiked from Blanton Ridge Trailhead to Dillard West Trailhead and back Nice 10 miler.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Eugene has several interlaced trails just outside the city under the Ridgeline Trail System. We hiked the Ridgeline trail from the Dillard West trailhead, past the Fox Hollow trailhead, to the Martin Street trailhead and back. The entire hike is in wooded forest. The stormy autumn day had most of the yellow and red tree leaves on the ground which made for a few slippery steps, but the well maintained rock and gravel trail has good traction. The route I took was pretty much all downhill on the way out making for a great workout coming back up. For as bad as the weather was this day, there were still quite a few people on the trail. Joggers, mountain bikers and hikers. Had to get my rain poncho out for part of the hike when the rains came pouring down. As close as you are to the homes and traffic in the area, this trail can make you feel you are deep in the wilderness.

Monday, April 04, 2011

Great hiking trail just outside of town. It's rewarding to be able to drive a short distance and head just a few hundred feet into the woods and feel like you are so far away from the city.

This trail winds along the base of Spencer Butte and along the south end of Eugene. A lot of people walk and jog the trail daily, with it's easy access and well maintained trail. It has some spots that climb some, but otherwise it's rather flat and enjoyable for all age groups.