South Fork Walla Walla River Trail

South Fork Walla Walla River Trail is a 22.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Milton-Freewater, Oregon that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 22.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,099 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beautiful hike along the river. trail is narrow is some areas but easily passable. we only made it out 3 miles but it was wonderful

It had rained for 2 days prior to our hike. It was a bit muddy. Loved to hike along the River.

Easy trail but didn't make it more than 2 miles in - flooded

this hike is so breath taking. we took our 2 dogs with us which they enjoyed also. we hike this trail every weekend. always beautiful and the trail does goes up and down. I have done 10 miles round trip last year. the higher up you go the more beautiful it gets.

Awesome setting. Bring dogs and/or bear spray. Came up on a Cougar feasting on a fresh elk kill right in the middle of the trail, 2 miles from the trailhead. Dogs tree’d it and we got out of there.

Very nice fall walk! Did 10 miles of it!

Not sure why this is rated as Hard. Granted we only did the first 5 miles but the trail is groomed and well marked, the hills are few and short, and it is a pretty nice walk. Its a bad bee season and they were especially bad at the water, but didn't really bother.

One of my favorite trails. It’s a beautiful canyon trail along the river.

One of my very favorite rides.

this spot is super cool!! worth the extra drive out here in such a rural area. its absolutely beautiful out here and the trailhead is gorgeous. I love the running river near by the whole time. it was mine and my fiance's first time here and we will be back. we took our two fluffy Maltese pups and one of them got burs stuck on his face and legs. they are adventure dogs and loved it but with all the cheatgrass and burs it was hard going any further for them and had to unfortunately turn around, but we will definitely be going back to finish it or at least get half way through just us two.

Monday, July 30, 2018

beautiful hike along the river. keeps the temperature a little cooler

Monday, July 23, 2018

awesome hike. Look out for the swarms of bees that you have to walk thru on the trial. Other than that it was amazing

Saturday, July 21, 2018

A lot of fun, lots of views and landscape points throughout. There are dirt bikers and lots of people in the afternoon. Morning is the best time to go. Very quiet and cool, also before all of the bugs come out. But this has been my favorite trail in the area so far.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Nice trail. A lot of people.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Just about jiggled the fillings out of my teeth! Went about 3-4 miles in and my wrists told me to turn around lol. Most amazing place I ever saw! Coming back on foot next time. A groundskeeper told me there has been a cougar (not a hot milf looking for fun) seen around the area recently so be careful. Might want a hand gun just in case for safety reasons. It’s against the rules I think but it’s better than getting your leg chewed off.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The trailhead is really easy to find right past Harris Park. The first part of the trail is easy and follows along the river.

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Easy day hike.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Awesome hike, little muddy, and dirt bike noise can ruin the mood but when they aren't around it's breathtaking.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Great fun for a half day 5 mike round trip. Dog loved it ..lot of hikers on a nice day. Beautiful hike if your looking for mountains close to the desert. I’ll be back!!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Gorgeous trail! Definitely wear your hiking boots. At times muddy.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Great trail!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Great easier trail following the river through forests. I went about a month ago and it was a little muddy in low spots but no problem. Would be great on a mountain bike!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Thinly absolute favorite spot to go. Its located in Harris Park. Furthest I've gone so far is 9 miles out and back.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I absolutely loved this hike! I was only able to go up four miles but I am definitely going to come back and explore as much of this trail as possible.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Hiked roughly 5 miles worth of this trail on 4/27/17 and it was great! The section we did definitely wasn't that hard. I plan on doing this trail a few more times this summer.