South Fork Walla Walla River Trail

South Fork Walla Walla River Trail is a 22.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Milton-Freewater, Oregon that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2099 feet

Just about jiggled the fillings out of my teeth! Went about 3-4 miles in and my wrists told me to turn around lol. Most amazing place I ever saw! Coming back on foot next time. A groundskeeper told me there has been a cougar (not a hot milf looking for fun) seen around the area recently so be careful. Might want a hand gun just in case for safety reasons. It’s against the rules I think but it’s better than getting your leg chewed off.

The trailhead is really easy to find right past Harris Park. The first part of the trail is easy and follows along the river.

Easy day hike.

Awesome hike, little muddy, and dirt bike noise can ruin the mood but when they aren't around it's breathtaking.

Great fun for a half day 5 mike round trip. Dog loved it ..lot of hikers on a nice day. Beautiful hike if your looking for mountains close to the desert. I’ll be back!!

Gorgeous trail! Definitely wear your hiking boots. At times muddy.

Great trail!

Great easier trail following the river through forests. I went about a month ago and it was a little muddy in low spots but no problem. Would be great on a mountain bike!

Thinly absolute favorite spot to go. Its located in Harris Park. Furthest I've gone so far is 9 miles out and back.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I absolutely loved this hike! I was only able to go up four miles but I am definitely going to come back and explore as much of this trail as possible.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Hiked roughly 5 miles worth of this trail on 4/27/17 and it was great! The section we did definitely wasn't that hard. I plan on doing this trail a few more times this summer.

Monday, January 23, 2017

It's difficult in many places. If you want a short hike the 1st bit is easy. It's been good for me to be prepared for rattlesnakes, bears and motorcycles. The views are the best and so I really recommend it if you are prepared to take it on.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Great trail, crowded on weekends. Wreckage gone now.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great trail for hiking, mountain bikes and horses. Only went about 2 miles in as had a pregnant friend with me, but it was a good trail with beautiful scenery and gentle ups and downs. I want to go all the way in sometime. Very popular spot and lots of people on the trail.

Sunday, May 07, 2017