South Falls via Canyon Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(201)
Silver Falls State Park

South Falls via Canyon Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Silverton, Oregon that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 193 feet Route Type: Loop

We actually did 9 miles by time we added on little more exploring . You do lose service as you get close to park so have your map out or take picture of a map in the park when you get there . The south side has bathroom and even little cafe for to go open right now . North side the bathroom was locked . 5 bucks to park only card . Found all 10 falls and had awesome time . Watch when you first start where your going cause you could miss some falls if you start in wrong section

The view of the waterfall past the short foot bridge and the view on the hike down to the waterfall are both very gorgeous. Many photo ops. But I do not recommend this hike to anybody with chronic health problems (unless you get doctor clearance first), those on any new medications, or those individuals who are claustrophobic. Went with some friends and we almost had a medical emergency on the climb back up the hill. You really need to get a rail on this narrow trail down by the water. It is very dangerous for those who lose their balance or slip and fall. I love to hike but I would not go on this trail if it is icy or muddy.

Great fun!

The views from behind the falls and from the bridge are both so cool!

recorded Trail of Ten Falls

Quite bugs, but not unexpected on Labor Day.

Very nice walk. The Falls was beautiful. The weather was gorgeous. Trails were easy to walk on Nice easy day.

Love this trail, plenty of shade. Perfect to pack in a picnic and enjoy the sound of waterfalls

I'd recommend to start from South Falls first.

Beautiful hike and nice trail. I wouldn’t call it easy lol but I am carrying extra weight and also had an extra 30# on my back with my 1 yo, framed carrier, water and baby supplies. Spots were muddy and there were a lot of steep areas both up and down, so something to be mindful of when planning. There are plenty of places to stop and rest and enjoy the view and surrounding woods, so if you’re out of shape but want a challenge, this is a beautiful and do-able hike with opportunities to catch your breath.

Sun May 05 2019

Super fun, very easy. Get there early!

Sun Apr 28 2019

The waterfalls were awesome. I definitely recommend this hike and doing the entire loop is you are able. I hiked counter clockwise from the main parking at South Falls so that I got to North Falls first. I thought that this would be the best waterfall but even after seeing it the other ones were great too. Glad I got there early. Being a sunny day it by the time I made it around to the South Falls side there were a ton of people heading into the trail with small kids, boom boxes, etc.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Arrived at 10am and parking lot was just starting to get busy. Nice day - no rain. Did the 7 mile south falls trail loop.

Fri Apr 26 2019

This is a fairly easy hike but the falls are beautiful and worth seeing.

Fri Feb 15 2019

We took a short cut back because it was starting to get dark, but overall a great trip!

Thu Jan 31 2019

Loved walking under the waterfall.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Yeah - done!

Mon Jun 25 2018

Go early in the day because this place gets busy! It’s a beautiful hike, we did it with kids and if they stay away from the cliffs edges you shouldn’t have a problem. Absolutely a must see hike with all the gorgeous falls. We loved it

Tue May 01 2018

A bit muddy in parts but that's to be expected when hiking for waterfalls. Amazing how many waterfalls are in such a small area. Beautiful hike. But beware, there are a lot of stairs in a couple parts of this loop.